• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Does anyone have a DPPt/BW move list, I recently updated my pokemon and they include the newer moves. Was just checking to see if anyone has already release a moves.txt that includes the newer moves. I have begun working on my own and If there are no complete versions I will continue mine and release it when done I guess. Let me know :) thanks in advance.

Just realized the latest version of essentials already has it. Will be upgrading my project hope it all goes well...
    Do you knows that the news effects need to be manually coded.
    And the BW moves won't come with none of essentials versions!

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    Its all good. Some data went missing but i fixed it. The problem I'm having now is with my poke center script. I cant figure out what to write in the script so she actually heals my Pokemon and poke balls come up on the thingy. I checked essentials wiki and it doesn't actually tell you the script to put in it only has pics which are hard to read properly, can anyone help me?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I found more bugs, I not sure about versions.

List top Glitch
    Versions: All
    How activate: Press "z" and "List top".
    Effect: The cursor goes to the second pokémon, not the first.
    How fix: in PokemonPokedex, around line 750 change the 1 to 0 in this line :
    Code:
    @sprites["pokedex"].index=1

Parlyz Heal Glitch
    How activate: Use Parlyz Heal in battle to cure Paralysis.
    Effect: Parlyz Heal won't work in battle, you get back to the menu screen.
    How fix: In PokemonDefaultItems, around line 750 change
    Code:
    ItemHandlers::BattleUseOnPokemon.copy(:CHESTOBERRY,:PARLYZHEAL)
    to
    Code:
    ItemHandlers::BattleUseOnPokemon.copy(:CHERIBERRY,:PARLYZHEAL)

Burn Glitch
    How activate: Use a Special move witch burn status.
    Effect: The burn cut the ATK AND SATK in half when its only cut the ATK.
    How fix: In PokeBattle_Move, around line 430 delete
    Code:
    # Burns
     if attacker.status == PBStatuses::BURN && 
        !isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:GUTS) && !isConst?(@id,PBMoves,:FACADE)
      damage=(damage/2).floor
     end
    And around 340, below
    Code:
     if isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:FLASHFIRE) && attacker.effects[PBEffects::FlashFire] && isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FIRE)
      basedmg=(basedmg*1.5).floor
     end
    Insert:
    Code:
     # Burns Correction
     if attacker.status == PBStatuses::BURN && 
        !isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:GUTS) && !isConst?(@id,PBMoves,:FACADE)
      atk=(atk*0.5).floor
     end

Move Cursor Glitch
    How activate: Have a pokémon with 3/4 moves, press up when selecting a move in top.
    Effect: The cursor goes down, but the move selected doesn't change.
    How fix: Unknown

I didn't know if is a glitch, but I can jump (using surf) in bridges (or other platform type) to water O__o
    This isn't exactly a glitch, but when I go to the below in a 50x300 map, the FPS goes to approximately 10 T__T

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Its all good. Some data went missing but i fixed it. The problem I'm having now is with my poke center script. I cant figure out what to write in the script so she actually heals my Pokemon and poke balls come up on the thingy. I checked essentials wiki and it doesn't actually tell you the script to put in it only has pics which are hard to read properly, can anyone help me?

Look inside of the map 'Pokemon Center' that's placed under the Test Map. There should be three events, two for the Pokéballs, and one for the nurse. You can edit those and copy them to your map.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    Hey i was i wondering if anyone knows how to script the professor so he tells you to pick your pokemon. I copied the one from essentials but when i walk into the lab it goes strait to choosing your starter, no opening text. I scripted in the pokedex but after i choose my starter professor dissapears.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Thanks for the bug reports FL. They're very handy indeed!

I didn't know if is a glitch, but I can jump (using surf) in bridges (or other platform type) to water O__o

Poccil actually implemented a way to fix this - by setting the terrain tag of bridge tiles to 13.

Hey i was i wondering if anyone knows how to script the professor so he tells you to pick your pokemon. I copied the one from essentials but when i walk into the lab it goes strait to choosing your starter, no opening text. I scripted in the pokedex but after i choose my starter professor dissapears.

Most of what you're doing isn't strictly Essentials related, as displaying dialogue, controlling switches, move routes, and so on are core parts of RGXP. Plus I don't really understand what you're asking.

Do you want to know how to add more speech? Easy, use "Show Text". Want to stop the professor from disappearing? Make sure that there's no switch controls on her.

Years
  • I get this error when using the default Battle palace, tower, etc. in my game.
    this events work on an untouched kit, and I have edited some scripts, nothing fancy only fixed bugs, if anyone knows how to fix it please help me.
    And if someone knows where was the day/night script, I changed it to an old one in my project, but I can't remember/find it now.

Code:
    Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 9, map 79 (Battle Palace):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section117:820:in `hasValidTeam?'undefined method `pbEachCombination' for #<PokemonRuleSet:0x8d4bb98>

***Full script:

!pbHasEligible?(3,100)

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokemonOrgBattle:37:in `pbHasEligible?'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:785:in `eval'

Interpreter:785:in `command_111'

Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:191:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:196:in `update'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'

Scene_Map:96:in `update'

Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • I get this error when using the default Battle palace, tower, etc. in my game.
    this events work on an untouched kit, and I have edited some scripts, nothing fancy only fixed bugs, if anyone knows how to fix it please help me.
    And if someone knows where was the day/night script, I changed it to an old one in my project, but I can't remember/find it now.

Code:
    Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 9, map 79 (Battle Palace):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section117:820:in `hasValidTeam?'undefined method `pbEachCombination' for #<PokemonRuleSet:0x8d4bb98>

***Full script:

!pbHasEligible?(3,100)

PokemonOrgBattle:37:in `pbHasEligible?'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:785:in `eval'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'

Scene_Map:96:in `update'

Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

Telling us what scripts you edited might help us help you out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    I found more bugs, I not sure about versions.

*Helpful list*

Can we have an official, updated list in a separate thread or something? I feel like there are a bunch of fixes that are lost in the pages of this thread. I'd make and mantain it myself it it meant me popping in every page to look what was posted, but I feel that there are some of you who know fixes that have been mentioned in the past.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Can we have an official, updated list in a separate thread or something? I feel like there are a bunch of fixes that are lost in the pages of this thread. I'd make and mantain it myself it it meant me popping in every page to look what was posted, but I feel that there are some of you who know fixes that have been mentioned in the past.

A lot of these fixes are actually posted on the Wiki, and they're pretty well accounted for. FL has been the only person to actively post bug fixes though, so just search through his post history ; )

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    Just searched "fix" in the wiki. It seems like even then, the bugs and fixes are scattered about, so you'd only find the fix if you were reading in about a specific feature anyway.

It's been a while sine poccil updated, so I was thinking we could make a "fixed" version of his latest one.

EDIT: Wow, didn't know how extensive the bugs in this were after doing some more digging. I guess I should hold off on doing much with it yet.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This isn't exactly a glitch, but when I go to the below in a 50x300 map, the FPS goes to approximately 10 T__T
    I make more tests and found that this occurs in 2010 April version but, for some reason, not in 2009 November version (even if I disable the Day/Night thing)!

Poccil actually implemented a way to fix this - by setting the terrain tag of bridge tiles to 13.
    I are USING tag 13 in differents ways, and none works =C

Just searched "fix" in the wiki. It seems like even then, the bugs and fixes are scattered about, so you'd only find the fix if you were reading in about a specific feature anyway.
    Yeah, I agree that one page with this will be good to the wiki. This thread is rich in information, had a lot of this bugs, some I pick for this list. Maybe one courageous person read at least one big part of this thread and list some bug corrections. I also had some in my PC (like the ItemMale and ItemFemale glitch and no pokedex cry/area Glitch)

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I are USING tag 13 in differents ways, and none works =C
    Bridges are fiddly things, and well deserve their own page in the wiki (it's pending creation by anyone who wants to, hint hint).

To solve your problem, I think you need to go into PokemonHiddenMoves, and find the below procedure. Then add in the red part.

Code:
    Events.onAction+=proc{|sender,e|
     terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag
     if pbIsWaterTag?(terrain) && 
         !$PokemonGlobal.surfing && 
         !pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBicycleAlways) [COLOR=Red]&&[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Red] !$PokemonMap.bridge[/COLOR]
      Kernel.pbSurf
      return
     end
    }
    That should prevent interactions with the water (i.e. to start surfing) while on a bridge. This won't stop the player choosing to use Surf from the party screen, though (although who does that?) - you'll need to edit the CanUseMove hidden move handler for Surf (just above the code quoted above) to add in a "return false if $PokemonMap.bridge" bit (without a message).

Yeah, I agree that one page with this will be good to the wiki. This thread is rich in information, had a lot of this bugs, some I pick for this list. Maybe one courageous person read at least one big part of this thread and list some bug corrections. I also had some in my PC (like the ItemMale and ItemFemale glitch and no pokedex cry/area Glitch)
    The wiki intentionally separates the bugs into the various pages, for a number of reasons, including relevance to the rest of the article, not having one huge page that you can get lost in, and less chance of bug repetition.

Having said that, a page listing all articles containing bug fixes would be useful, and would provide a base where people can mention other bugs they've noticed/fixed (the talk page, of course). Actually, I think this can be a category rather than an actual page, with the category talk page a dumping ground for bugs/fixes to be moved into appropriate articles, as well as any other useful links (e.g. to posts in this thread). I'll get on that shortly.

Atomic Reactor

I read over the attack animation page on the wiki site, but my question was not answered there. so i decided i will post here.

When doing attack animations, i am using rmxp's editor (the custom one doesn't work)
    so when i do attacks like leech seed, or fly, or moves that take multiple animations... what do i do?

Like would i make an animation for leech seed.
    then does it use the animation for absorb for the next turn? or how does it exactly work lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    Hey guys,
    most of those who have a computer as "slow" as mine might have noticed,
    that essentials lags in constant intervals.
    Even with ENABLESHADING=false, my version (and any other clean one i've tested with shading disabled) lags exactly every 5 steps.
    As that kind of really bugs me, i at least wanna try to fix or improve that code block (or delete it depending on its importance), but I have no idea where i should start looking, or even what exactly i'm looking for.
    Does anybody have an idea what causes this lag?
    I would really appreciate any help or approach...

Greetings,
    Sichlor

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2011
    Trying to make a trainer dissapear

i am using rpgmaker xp and pokemon essentials. i have a trainer set up in the beginning of my game right after you select your pokemon, that jumps you and steals the two pokemon that you didnt choose. before he runs away he battles you with the two pokemon. the only problem i am having is making him disapear after the battle. nothing i try is working, self switches, regular switches...nothing. anyone have any tips?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back