• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Hello! I need help again :sleeping:
    How can I do that an event activates if I have a Magikarp level 100 in my team?

"pbHasSpecies?(::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,level==100)"
    and
    "pbHasSpecies?(::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,100)"
    don't works...

It is for a Move Tutor that teaches the attack "Final Splash"(250 power :laugh::laugh::laugh:) only to Magikarp level 100.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    I have two question to pose for everyone today.

1. Is there any reason why I cannot get event 1 (which is a person) to walk across event 2 (which is a switch when you cross it). It appears that events cannot cross other events, is there a way to get around this?
    Simply check "Through" in the switch event.

2. I need to know a solid method for talking to a trainer, fighting, having them make a quick statement after the battle screen, run off, and disappear or if it makes it that much easier we can skip the run off statement and just do a flash screen and make the trainer disappear.
    Look at the example trainers.
    For the Statement and the running off part:
    simply put those events into the conditional branch...
    put them in front of the "Self Switch "A" = ON"

Hello! I need help again :sleeping:

and
    don't works...

It is for a Move Tutor that teaches the attack "Final Splash"(250 power :laugh::laugh::laugh:) only to Magikarp level 100.

I dont know how to put a check for that in one line,
    but you could write a method for it:
    (its not tested and may contain errors)
    Code:
    def checkpokelevel(species,level)
      result=false
       for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
         if $Trainer.party[i].species==species && $Trainer.party[i].level==level
          result=true
         end
       end
     return result
    end
    put that into a new script section above MAIN

then just call
    Code:
    checkpokelevel(::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,100)

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Hello! I need help again :sleeping:

and
    don't works...

Cause of the way essentials works, it needs to be like this with them
    pbHasSpecies(
    ::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,100)

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    Cause of the way essentials works, it needs to be like this with them
    pbHasSpecies(
    ::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,100)

That shouldn't work as
    this method:
    Code:
    def pbHasSpecies?(species)
     for pokemon in $Trainer.party
      next if pokemon.egg?
      return true if pokemon.species==species
     end
     return false
    end
    does not support a level parameter...
    it could easily be built in though if one wanted to....

Code:
    def pbHasSpecies?(species,level=nil)
     for pokemon in $Trainer.party
      next if pokemon.egg?
      if level
      return true if pokemon.species==species && pokemon.level==level
      else
      return true if pokemon.species==species
      end
     end
     return false
    end

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2018
    Alright sorry if this may be a noob question but I tried the Wiki & Google and couldn't find anything...

I'm having trouble with the PokemonTriad script. Even in the tutorial maps, it does not appear to be working. When I attempt to "BUY" cards from the store, it shows me all cards I can buy (Pokemon in my Pokedex). It does let me select and buy cards but it DOES NOT seem to add the Cards. It does take my money, though.

Whenever I try to enter a duel or "SELL" cards after buying them, it always says "You have no cards."

Looking at the PokemonTriad script, I cannot see anything that would cause it (but my exp with RPGXP scripts is rather slim). Wondering if anyone had a similar problem and if so how did they fix it?

Thanks for any help

Atomic Reactor

Which script do i edit to edit the tinting of the day/night feature?

And how would I go about adding attacks that like... have new effects. Like one that confuses and reduces accuracy. Like, how would I add new kinds of attack effects?

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Which script do i edit to edit the tinting of the day/night feature?

And how would I go about adding attacks that like... have new effects. Like one that confuses and reduces accuracy. Like, how would I add new kinds of attack effects?

Ooooh. You're now messing with the most exciting, yet time-consuming part of the game making!

Ah, before telling you how to edit the move effects... The night tinting is on PokemonUtilities, there, you could find the DayNight module or whatever its name be. You'll find the tinting of many periods of the day, not one per hour. I think there're 16 tints.

Now, for the move effects. Well, that's funny, for me at least. I, first, had troubles on that area, because an error kept showing off telling me that the move effect I was pretending to use in battle didn't existed. But now, I don't have that problem anymore, and I don't remember what I did, but...

The move effects go on hexadecimal values and you must include the hex value on every effect you make. You must take a peek on the advanced.html file. There're pre-defined methods you should use in order to create an effect; like isPhysical? to do a check for a move if it's physical or not. And blah blah blah.

And just to let you down... the quesion mark on the method is not meant to note a question, it's just a way you write a method. Or so I remember.

Remember: "Ctrl+Shift+F" is your BEST friend.

Atomic Reactor

So i took a look at the day/night area of the script... i have no idea what I'm going to do... lol.
    "Tone.new(-85,-68,-17,68),"
    what does each of those numbers mean?
    and do i need to worry about "summer adjustments" and whatnot?

and for the attacks, what script am i looking at?

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2013
    @Atomic Reactor
    I believe that,that is the screen color tone which are:Red,Green,Blue,and Gray.You can check this by making an event,going to the second page,and clicking change screen color tone.

Fraot

Years
  • Be Wise!

Gahhh ok thanks XD

So i took a look at the day/night area of the script... i have no idea what I'm going to do... lol.
    "Tone.new(-85,-68,-17,68),"
    what does each of those numbers mean?
    and do i need to worry about "summer adjustments" and whatnot?

and for the attacks, what script am i looking at?

The first three number fields are the RGB and the last one is Aplha... or opacity?

I don't exactly know what does the seasons' tones mean. I've tested changing the PC time & date from month to month and I don't see any difference. Maybe they're not fully implemented yet.

ALSO, the hour tints begin from 1 AM or so I believe. Input the values on any RGB color swatcher or in the from RMXP one at:Tools>Change Background color, in order to see what color is going to be the tint.

And for the Effects... look for them at, ahem, it's obvious:

PokeBattle_MoveEffects. I don't remember the names exactly, since I haven't been programming since many many months.

Watch out for the effects 111, 112 and 113(after the last one on PokeBattle_MoveEffects). I believe they on different scripts, they are the Blitz moves. I actually modified them and used on three COOL moves I created.

Ask your best friend for "Fire Blitz" or something, and he will take you to a comment "Fire Blitz" and the effect value below it.

BTW: Test your game between 12 am(midnight) and 1 am at an outside map and tell me anything weird you see. Change the time on your PC if you want.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • I wouldn't call it garbage.. its a AMD Athlon 3500+ single core processor with about 2.1 GHz... but it seems you all got faster ones :)

Lol, by modern definition, that is indeed garbage. But yes, I don't think your problem is arising from lack of processing power, as I have experienced it myself when fiddling with older versions.

I am almost certain it has something to do with the Day/Night system.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    Lol, by modern definition, that is indeed garbage. But yes, I don't think your problem is arising from lack of processing power, as I have experienced it myself when fiddling with older versions.

I am almost certain it has something to do with the Day/Night system.

At first: Thanks for you interest :)
    But I'm pretty much certain it doesn't since i set ENABLESHADING=false...
    means the day/night system is disabled.. (at least i hope so^^)

Atomic Reactor

Haha ok thanks fraot, that should help quite a bit!
    Now i have a new problem -.-

I'm trying to set up a trainer battle, where it's ok to lose (but really, it's never ok to lose lol) and i was reading over how to set one up where you stay there after losing..
    It said put "false" or true (don't remember now) after the trainers id number in the script section of the conditional branch, and then just add an even after it (like control self switch = B, which i did) but nothing happens. Then i tried adding a page with "starting over" as its switch, but im still sent to the pokecenter...
    How do i set this up :/

Fraot

Years
  • Hey. For anyone wondering about many issues with scripts... Here, take my old scripts. I hope this to be useful for someone. Install it on any RMXP project and copy-paste whatever you want.

I'm lazy to explain things and I think the best way for someone to learn something is by experimenting and seeing how are things done.

I just want to contribute on something for the community, at least on this little thingy, so use anything you want.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2018
    Alright sorry if this may be a noob question but I tried the Wiki & Google and couldn't find anything...

I'm having trouble with the PokemonTriad script. Even in the tutorial maps, it does not appear to be working. When I attempt to "BUY" cards from the store, it shows me all cards I can buy (Pokemon in my Pokedex). It does let me select and buy cards but it DOES NOT seem to add the Cards. It does take my money, though.

Whenever I try to enter a duel or "SELL" cards after buying them, it always says "You have no cards."

Looking at the PokemonTriad script, I cannot see anything that would cause it (but my exp with RPGXP scripts is rather slim). Wondering if anyone had a similar problem and if so how did they fix it?

Thanks for any help

I'm sorry if I sound impatient, but does no one know what could be wrong? This appears to be an out-of-the-box error for me... I redownloaded Pokemon Essentials with no modifications from the latest version listed on the Wiki and even that version does not want to give me Triad cards. Does anyone have any idea? Sorry for asking twice, but I'd like to at least have some clue how to fix this becuase it really puzzles me... other data stored in $PokemonGlobal variables seem to store fine... for example, the PC works fine.

I could try posting a recording of the issue I'm having if it helps.

AH! Got it, fixed my own problem. If anyone else has this error, it stems on for some reason there being a bug in the code out of the box that reinitializes the triad variable each time it is called... to fix change this line of text:

Code:
     def triads
      @triads=TriadStorage.new
      return @triads
     end

to this:

Code:
      def triads
      @triads=TriadStorage.new if !@triads
      return @triads
     end

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Could you post a picture of your event so one of us can try and figure out what's wrong?

Well, instead of figuring out what's wrong haha, i just need someone to give me an explination on what's right XD
    that way i'll just do whatever they say, and apply it to my event.

So do you know how to do an event like im talking about man? (no doubt you do or anything haha)
    just a battle that makes it so you stay in the same spot whether you win or lose.

Oh, and for restarting early in the game (like arriving at your moms when you lose) would i just add the same page to her that the nurses have? for starting over?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • I looked on the wiki and wasn't able to figure this one out.

Is there a way to give a move in battle multiple animations?

I was thinking specifically to "charge" type moves, where the user must charge the move, and release it the next turn. I.E. Solar Beam.

Or, moves like Explosion, which just play the animation 2x, one on the user, and one the victim.

Is there a way I can fix it so that moves such as those have 2 animations rather than the default 1?

Atomic Reactor

I looked on the wiki and wasn't able to figure this one out.

Is there a way to give a move in battle multiple animations?

I was thinking specifically to "charge" type moves, where the user must charge the move, and release it the next turn. I.E. Solar Beam.

Or, moves like Explosion, which just play the animation 2x, one on the user, and one the victim.

Is there a way I can fix it so that moves such as those have 2 animations rather than the default 1?

If you make an explosion animation with the frames you need, you can make it all one animation.

As for 2 turn attacks, I don't think anyone around here knows yet. I asked Maruno just the other day about it, and he doesn't know :/

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    I dont know how to put a check for that in one line,
    but you could write a method for it:
    (its not tested and may contain errors)
    Code:
    def checkpokelevel(species,level)
      result=false
       for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
         if $Trainer.party[i].species==species && $Trainer.party[i].level==level
          result=true
         end
       end
     return result
    end
    put that into a new script section above MAIN

then just call
    Code:
    checkpokelevel(::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,100)

Thanks you!! :D
    It works perfectly with this script.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back