• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
  • So the lag that is hindering the newer version is through X-Frames?, could it be the radius which everything around the player updates?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    So the lag that is hindering the newer version is through X-Frames?, could it be the radius which everything around the player updates?

I'm glad to hear new ideas, but wouldn't the updating occur only when you are walking, since there's no need to update any surroundings while you are standing still... (so it would be every x steps instead of every x frames)

Did i misunderstand what you were saying?

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    Ok, I'm sorry for having to repeat this question but I looked through the examples of the starterkit for how to make a trainer run away and disappear immediately after the battle (similar to a team rocket battle when they will run away) but I wasn't able to find what I think I was looking for. Would someone please show me where I can get a specific example in the pokestarter or put the codes on the thread?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    Ok, I'm sorry for having to repeat this question but I looked through the examples of the starterkit for how to make a trainer run away and disappear immediately after the battle (similar to a team rocket battle when they will run away) but I wasn't able to find what I think I was looking for. Would someone please show me where I can get a specific example in the pokestarter or put the codes on the thread?

I'll just take a random example trainer from the Test Map to show you what i meant:

First event page:
    Spoiler:

(1) Is what your guy says after you beat him
    (2) Is where he runs afterward (you might wanna make sure he leaves the screen)

Second event page:
    Spoiler:

Make sure to set the Graphic of the Second page to "none", so your trainer really disappears!

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    My events look identical to that but after the battle the trainer just sits there. I need the trainer to immediately talk to you. Also when I do talk to the trainer a second time she just stands there, it doesn't go through the move route code and disappear. Any ideas why?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    My events look identical to that but after the battle the trainer just sits there. I need the trainer to immediately talk to you. Also when I do talk to the trainer a second time she just stands there, it doesn't go through the move route code and disappear. Any ideas why?

Well, actually i got only one idea what could not be working
    although i don't think it explains everything you describe..

If you use comments to set up a trainer, you should compile the game once,
    then delete the comments and edit the event further.

If you leave the comments, the game will compile the trainer again the next time you start it, and it will mess with your edits.

If that's not the case, and you set everything up just like in my screenshots, i don't really know what could be going wrong...
    upload screenshots of your event pages and PM me the links, since you won't be able to write them in here without having 15 posts...

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    here's what i have and sorry, the site won't let me do pics yet but here are the links. The second picture is continuation of the first, i couldn't fit all the codes in one pic.
    min.us/lmtY0K
    min.us/lmpKsS
    min.us/ljYkp0

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    here's what i have and sorry, the site won't let me do pics yet but here are the links. The second picture is continuation of the first, i couldn't fit all the codes in one pic.
    min.us/lmtY0K
    min.us/lmpKsS
    min.us/ljYkp0

I can't find any mistakes... try removing the comments as i said above.
    maybe that'll change something...

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    I have had the same problem as Har, using the method that doesn't use comments. The issue also happens when trying to set conditions after a battle.

Atomic Reactor

Since the battle automatically turns self switch A on, i would suggest setting it up on the page.

So make the next page, condition as self switch A being on.
    Then have it on the autorun command (instead of talking to the event or touching it, it will happen right away.)
    then do the dialogue and move route.
    then when all that is done, add "control self switch: B = on"
    so then make another page after that, where it requires B to be on. and leave it blank.
    does this make sense? haha

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    I tried your method and it works... partly. I go through the battle but still have to push the button to talk to the person after the battle even though it's set to autorun. When I talk to the trainer a second time i just get the first message and it ends. After the message she's suppose to run away and she doesn't. It's almost as though the compiler is omitting the last two codes to make her run away and change to the next page of the event.

Atomic Reactor

Hmm... that's odd... Is there anything in her way that could be hindering her from moving? Maybe a tile has the wrong properties and is set to impassable?

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    Nope, everything is clear, the position that i'm fight her in (wow, that doesn't sound weird) doesn't conflict with the route that she would take to run away and the surrounding tiles that she's walking on are passable.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    Nope, everything is clear, the position that i'm fight her in (wow, that doesn't sound weird) doesn't conflict with the route that she would take to run away and the surrounding tiles that she's walking on are passable.

Maybe an event, that is invisible, but not set to "Through",
    which would not allow another event to walk through it?
    But in that case the game would freeze, which you didn't mention...

Well,
    to make sure it has nothing to do with the game compiling the trainer from comments, let's try a different approach:

Put that into a new script section:
    Code:
    $BTL_TrType=0
    $BTL_Name="" 
    $BTL_Vspeech=""
    $BTL_TrNo=0
    $BTL_Bspeech=""

def startTRBattle
      $game_system.bgm_memorize
      #pbTrainerIntro($BTL_TrType)
      Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
      Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1}",$BTL_Bspeech))if $BTL_Bspeech!=""
      $game_system.bgm_restore
      pbTrainerBattle($BTL_TrType,$BTL_Name,_I($BTL_Vspeech),false,$BTL_TrNo)
    end
    and just to be sure, make a NEW event like this:
    (maybe put it on a test map or something to make sure nothing is interfering)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    I tried your method just now Sichlor as well as tried it without the comments and I'm still not getting anywhere. Would anyone be willing to try and get a working trainer started and then post the codes for it? What exactly I'm looking for is a trainer who will run up to you, say something, battle, say something, run away, and have the event erased.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    I tried your method just now Sichlor as well as tried it without the comments and I'm still not getting anywhere. Would anyone be willing to try and get a working trainer started and then post the codes for it? What exactly I'm looking for is a trainer who will run up to you, say something, battle, say something, run away, and have the event erased.

What I posted IS working, i tested it.
    Did you do it in a new map with a new event?
    What exactly did not work?
    Do you get an error?

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    Ok just tried your idea and I think mine is identical with your but when I talk to the character she flips out and the game crashes. Here's what I have:

min.us/jjYmjY.png
    min.us/lkc8Ow

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    Ok just tried your idea and I think mine is identical with your but when I talk to the character she flips out and the game crashes. Here's what I have:

min.us/jjYmjY.png
    min.us/lkc8Ow

The error is normal if you do one tiny little thing "wrong":
    When editing the script in the event,
    run "extendtext.exe" from you project folder, so the long text fits into one line :)
    the box should be very big now and the text should fit in there without line breaks:
    Code:
    $BTL_TrType=PBTrainers::SANDORA_004
    $BTL_Name="Maggie" 
    $BTL_Bspeech="You think you have what it takes to stop the Sandora, you're a good joke."
    $BTL_TrNo=0 #####[Party Number. 0 in your case]#####
    $BTL_Vspeech="How could you defeat me,I'm one of the Sandora!?!"

Last edited:

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    Once again, I think I have what you have but my game continues to crash.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back