• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
  • Hey! WTF?!

It seems I'm a lot outdated, I didn't know about that thing of:

Code:
    $BTL_TrType=PBTrainers::SANDORA_004
    $BTL_Name="Maggie" 
    $BTL_Bspeech="You think you have what it takes to stop the Sandora, you're a good joke."
    $BTL_TrNo=0 #####[Party Number. 0 in your case]#####
    $BTL_Vspeech="How could you defeat me,I'm one of the Sandora!?!"

I was still with the idea of adding all those lines with normal event comments.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    Once again, I think I have what you have but my game continues to crash.

How am I supposed to help you with having zero information?
    I saw the first error you posted, i know what caused it.
    I dont know if you fixed it properly now, i need a screenshot and/or an error message.... its hard to help you if its like pulling teeth....
    i need information on how the problem you are experiencing might be caused,
    so "it doesn't work" doesn't help me at all...

EDIT:

I was still with the idea of adding all those lines with normal event comments.

Well, since he seems to have a problem that makes no sense to me, i tried to m a new, clean event, that doesnt have the compiler mess with the stuff that's added additionally to the normal trainer event stuff (like running away in the end)

Just my way to get hold of the problem...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Once again, I think I have what you have but my game continues to crash.

I did this for my game, you have to talk to him, but in your case I think you can change it to "Trainer(X)" or something like that.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Can anyone help with the problem i've got adding pokemon as gifts

i'm using
    pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,5,_I"GREG",_I"MAGIKARP")
    in a conditional branch

the error i'm getting is

Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Script error within event 4, map 27 (Pokemon Center):
    Exception: SyntaxError
    (eval):1: syntax errorpbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,5,_I"GREG",_I"MAGIKARP") ^
    (eval):1: syntax error
    pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,20,_I"KIRK",_I"MAGIKARP")
    ^
    ***Full script:

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:785:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:191:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:196:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:63:in `main'

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    OMG Martinixon, you have just become a god!!! I actually got your method working.

Sorry for being a bit of a... Sichlor, I didn't think about the pics and I know it's irritating dealing with people who help you out as much as I did.

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone, I greatly appreciated it. I spent literally hours trying to get this thing to work...

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • How do I modify the Map so I may move on the x, and y on the window itself. Then changing the length, and width.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Can anyone help with the problem i've got adding pokemon as gifts

i'm using
    in a conditional branch

the error i'm getting is
    You need brackets around the names, like so:

Code:
    pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,5,_I("GREG"),_I("MAGIKARP"))
    You can leave the Pokémon's nickname blank to let it not have a nickname, e.g.

Code:
    pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,5,_I("GREG"))
    However, even if you don't give the Pokémon a nickname, it's still a foreign Pokémon and shouldn't be allowed to be renamed (this check is in the Name Rater's event, not a script).

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Got another bug.

If you use the move Sunny Day, and you cast Solarbeam right after, you will use Solarbeam first, then you will lose control of your pokemon and it will cast it again. It will only use 1 PP and it will act like the first hit is the charge, when it's actually using it. Is there a way to fix that?

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    Got another question for everyone. How would I go about creating a Science Lab similar to what we saw in the RBY and RSE. I want to be able to find a fossil, bring it to the lab, have a script search for the item, and then give you a pokemon based upon that item/fossil. How would I go about doing this?

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • This is a really basic question, but how do you connect two outdoor maps?
    For example, I have a town that I want to connect to a route, but i don't want a transition in the playtest. How make the town and route flow together ingame, although they are two separate maps in the editor?

Years
  • Got another question for everyone. How would I go about creating a Science Lab similar to what we saw in the RBY and RSE. I want to be able to find a fossil, bring it to the lab, have a script search for the item, and then give you a pokemon based upon that item/fossil. How would I go about doing this?

Do the fossils as you would do normally use a conditional branch for the lab with this script:

Code:
    $PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::FOSSIL_NAME)>0

This checks if it has the fossil, if the player has it, give the player the Pokemon and use this script to delete the fossil from the player.

Code:
     $PokemonBag.pbDeleteItem(
        PBItems::FOSSIL_NAME
       )

Make a conditional branch like this for every fossil.

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    Thanks chief, it worked without any problems. Also while I'm at it, would there be any reason why when I try to set encounters for a map that the editor program is searching through and old pokemon list rather than the most up-to-date one?

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • Thanks chief, it worked without any problems. Also while I'm at it, would there be any reason why when I try to set encounters for a map that the editor program is searching through and old pokemon list rather than the most up-to-date one?

You have to save it then let the game compile, then it should be up-to-date.

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    Well that's just it, my game shows the new creatures that I've added but the encounter list won't show the new ones.

gallade234

spriter, legendarypokemontamer
    Years
  • HELP

heres the problem i need to know what i did wrong

Exception: RuntimeError
    File PBS/trainers.txt, line 100
    Snivy,10,16,,TACKLE,LEER,VINEWHIP,WRAP,false,false

Compiler:1347:in `pbCompileTrainers'
    Compiler:1341:in `each'
    Compiler:1341:in `pbCompileTrainers'
    Compiler:1314:in `loop'
    Compiler:1377:in `pbCompileTrainers'
    Compiler:3817:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:3939

heres the other thing that causes it please help

CAMPER
    Andrew
    Snivy,10,16,,TACKLE,LEER,VINEWHIP,WRAP,false,false
    AIPOM,13,16,,SCRATCH,TAILWHIP,SANDATTACK,ASTONISH,false,false

Fraot

Years
  • @gallade234:
    On the moves Snivy should learn you put two commas in a row. There must be just one comma to separate the data fields.

@Everyone else:
    I've seen some problems you have. You SHOULD read what's inside the notes.html file. Some of you are making very very basic questions that are clearly answered on that file.

Btw, I want to have the ability to connect maps on any RMXP game, so I need the script from Essentials, but, I don't know if I should copy the compiler script, since the connections are to be compiled and then displayed on the game. But the hard part is editing the compiler script in order to manipulate it at my will.
    How should I start?

Last edited:

gallade234

Years
  • thank you now i've got another problem when i give a pokemon two types and when i test it in game it doesn't show for some reason it shows in pokemon.txt though how do i fix this

Last edited:

Fraot

Years
  • thank now i've got another problem when i give a pokemon two types and when i test it in game it doesn't show for some reason it shows in pokemon.txt though how do i fix this

TRANSLATING... ... ... ... ... 100% COMPLETE WITH SOME POSSIBLE ERRORS.

You are triyng to say that the second type of dual-typed pokémon is not shown on the summary screen or what?

If it's not shown on the summary, I have to say that I dont know what scares me the most: your game behaving so weird; or you, because you do crazy stuff to it. I have never experienced that problem before.

But I'm thinking now... the picture may be showing but overlaped with the other type's one. Check for the 2-Dimensional positions on the screen at the PokemonSummary script over the line that contains:

Code:
     for i in 0...pokemon.moves.length
      if pokemon.moves.id>0
     imagepos.push(["Graphics/Pictures/types",224,yPos+0,0,
          pokemon.moves.type*28,64,28])

They may not be exactly alike since I've worked with my game and I forgot what I did edit or what I didn't. There must be a problem with that, if not...

Some error with what you wrote on the txt file. And if it is not the problem, I don't know... try with another pokémon.

I was actually about to ask you for your script.rxdata but I wouldn't know where to look at.

Remember: CTRL+SHIFT+F is your BEST friend.

gallade234

Years
  • where would i find the PokemonSummary script what folder
    and also how do i make a pokemon you get as a gift shiny could you please put up the script and I've tried looking at the notes both types normal and advanced and i still cant figure it out
    also for duel types after i put the second type in it shows the first test play but disappears after the first test play

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back