• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
  • Got another bug.

If you use the move Sunny Day, and you cast Solarbeam right after, you will use Solarbeam first, then you will lose control of your pokemon and it will cast it again. It will only use 1 PP and it will act like the first hit is the charge, when it's actually using it. Is there a way to fix that?

So, has anyone figured out how I might be able to fix that?

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • So, has anyone figured out how I might be able to fix that?

@thepsynergist:
    Well, it could be because of you messed with the battle mechanics script. I altered it months ago and got troubles because of the speed priority, allowing opponent's pokémon to move first always.

You should check that script or ask your best friend for the speed priority.

BTW: Nobody helped me with the problem I posted a year ago. I have an issue with the part of the programming that makes the game count a switch out as a turn and allows the opponent to attack the player after it. My problem is that no matter how many times I switch out, the opponent never attacks me.

@gallade234:
    I told you, CTRL+SHIFT+F is your best friend!!! Try pressing that key combination on the scripts window!! There's a script called PokemonSummary or something like that, then, you could look for what I told told you to look for if you didn't ask your best friend.

As for the shiny gift pokémon. You could make a script on a normal map event(last tab, last button called "Script") and put a couple of lines.
    I can't give you enough info since I'm not on the computer that has RMXP installed right now.

gallade234

spriter, legendarypokemontamer
    Years
  • ok i found this

pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textpos)
    drawMarkings(overlay,80,40,72,20,pokemon.markings)
    type1rect=Rect.new(0,pokemon.type1*28,64,28)
    type2rect=Rect.new(0,pokemon.type2*28,64,28)
    overlay.blt(240,98,@typebitmap.bitmap,type1rect)
    overlay.blt(320,98,@typebitmap.bitmap,type2rect) if pokemon.type1!=pokemon.type2
    end

what would i change here
    and also

when i put two types on a pokemon and it works the first playthough but then it changes the first type to the second type example:
    Type1=PSYCHIC
    Type2=FIRE
    stays that way until after i do a test run of the game after the test run it does this
    Type1=FIRE
    Type2=FIRE
    see thats the problem in game it just says FIRE but in pokemon.txt it changes Type1 to Type2 like i put in the example above god im horrible at doing this stuff

thepsynergist

Years
  • @thepsynergist:
    Well, it could be because of you messed with the battle mechanics script. I altered it months ago and got troubles because of the speed priority, allowing opponent's pokémon to move first always.

You should check that script or ask your best friend for the speed priority.

BTW: Nobody helped me with the problem I posted a year ago. I have an issue with the part of the programming that makes the game count a switch out as a turn and allows the opponent to attack the player after it. My problem is that no matter how many times I switch out, the opponent never attacks me.

The only mechanics that I edited were to add new battle items. I added no abilities. Oh well, I guess it isn't too much of an issue, only that its a neat bug. =P

And I'd help you with your issue if I knew how...

Fraot

Years
  • ok i found this

pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textpos)
    drawMarkings(overlay,80,40,72,20,pokemon.markings)
    type1rect=Rect.new(0,pokemon.type1*28,64,28)
    type2rect=Rect.new(0,pokemon.type2*28,64,28)
    overlay.blt(240,98,@typebitmap.bitmap,type1rect)
    overlay.blt(320,98,@typebitmap.bitmap,type2rect) if pokemon.type1!=pokemon.type2
    end

what would i change here
    and also

when i put two types on a pokemon and it works the first playthough but then it changes the first type to the second type example:
    Type1=PSYCHIC
    Type2=FIRE
    stays that way until after i do a test run of the game after the test run it does this
    Type1=FIRE
    Type2=FIRE
    see thats the problem in game it just says FIRE but in pokemon.txt it changes Type1 to Type2 like i put in the example above god im horrible at doing this stuff

Well, I see that part of the script has not been changed, that annoys me even more. Could it be the compiler what's causing that mess?

And... Wait... I... I think I got a problem like that. I got a WEIRD problem a year ago, it was like the types' graphics were switched after the ??? type I think. So, the Psychic type was changed to Ice; Dark type to Dragon and stuff.

My problem was the compiler, I tried to update my project moving my scripts to another newer version of the starter kit, but the compiler changed a little, so, it compiled some things differently. Also, the type weaknesses were all messed: Hydro Pump was Not very efective againts Charizard, but Frenzy Plant was Super effective by 4 times even though Charizard is Fire/Flying. And nobody helped me with that either ¬¬.
    And I had to compile the game's data twice in order to play test rightly (pressing CTRL when loading the game on RPG Maker forces compiling).

But, I could solve my problems after a while. :) So, check the compiler, try another one.

BTW: Have someone played your own games around 12am and 1am? I want to know if it's only me who has a problem with the tinting or not.

thepsynergist

Years
  • Well, I see that part of the script has not been changed, that annoys me even more. Could it be the compiler what's causing that mess?

And... Wait... I... I think I got a problem like that. I got a WEIRD problem a year ago, it was like the types' graphics were switched after the ??? type I think. So, the Psychic type was changed to Ice; Dark type to Dragon and stuff.

My problem was the compiler, I tried to update my project moving my scripts to another newer version of the starter kit, but the compiler changed a little, so, it compiled some things differently. Also, the type weaknesses were all messed: Hydro Pump was Not very efective againts Charizard, but Frenzy Plant was Super effective by 4 times even though Charizard is Fire/Flying. And nobody helped me with that either ¬¬.
    And I had to compile the game's data twice in order to play test rightly (pressing CTRL when loading the game on RPG Maker forces compiling).

But, I could solve my problems after a while. :) So, check the compiler, try another one.

BTW: Have someone played your own games around 12am and 1am? I want to know if it's only me who has a problem with the tinting or not.

It's way too dark to see anything imo. I play test my game at around that time all the time, as I'm a real night owl. I usually go to bed when people in England are having lunch. >.>

Fraot

Years
  • It's way too dark to see anything imo. I play test my game at around that time all the time, as I'm a real night owl. I usually go to bed when people in England are having lunch. >.>

:O

Well, I have a weird problem. At around 12am and 1am, the screen tinting changes to day. And at 1pm, the tinting changes to night. it's weird but doesn't matter to much.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    So i have a weird problem, i don't think it applies to only pokemon essentials though, but rpgmaker in general. I extended my tileset a lot for my game, and when I scroll down it by draging the scroll bar, it will only let me go to slightly past where the original tileset ended, once to that point, it jumps back to the top if I drag it any more. I can still scroll down, using other methods, but that was was the quickest and I would love to fix that. Any idea whats happening?

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

does anyone know why this is happening in my game?
    flamemaster~

Atomic Reactor

Ugh, so i tried out the townmap generator.
    So it told me to copy and paste the info into the text file.
    (so i deleted everything on there and pasted it)
    And now i get this error.

Exception: RuntimeError
    File PBS/townmap.txt, line 1
    Filename="map.png"

Compiler:589:in `pbCompileTownMap'
    Compiler:583:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:501:in `each_line'
    Compiler:501:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:498:in `open'
    Compiler:498:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:583:in `pbCompileTownMap'
    Compiler:3504:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:3636
    Exception: NoMethodError
    PokemonRegionMap:192:in `pbMapScene'
    PokemonRegionMap:279:in `pbStartScreen'
    PokemonUtilities:167:in `pbShowMap'
    PokemonUtilities:164:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonUtilities:164:in `pbShowMap'
    PokemonItems:220:in `pbUseItemFromBag'
    PokemonItems:956:in `pbUseItem'
    PokemonBag:1201:in `pbStartScreen'
    PokemonBag:1150:in `loop'
    PokemonBag:1242:in `pbStartScreen'
    Exception: RuntimeError
    File PBS/townmap.txt, line 1
    Filename=map.png

Compiler:589:in `pbCompileTownMap'
    Compiler:583:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:501:in `each_line'
    Compiler:501:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:498:in `open'
    Compiler:498:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:583:in `pbCompileTownMap'
    Compiler:3504:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:3636

Any idea how i can fix this :/

Atomic Reactor

How would i make it so that at the bottom left, it says the region name?
    And how do i edit the color of the banner at the bottom? Nevermind, Figured that out haha.

EDIT: How do i edit the splash screen (where it says continue,new game, and... exit?) So that it shows something instead of just blue..?

Last edited:

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    Haha that worked, thanks man.
    NP

How would i make it so that at the bottom left, it says the region name?
    I think you make the top of your townmap file say

Code:
    [0]
    Filename=map.png
    Name=(region name)

EDIT: How do i edit the splash screen (where it says continue,new game, and... exit?) So that it shows something instead of just blue..?

[/SIZE]

There should be a picture under graphics-pictures that applies to that screen, shouldn't be to hard to figure out what one it is.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Last I checked, Essentials doesn't have the image you need by default (i.e. there's no solid blue image that you edit/replace). You'll need to create an image in the Graphics/Pictures directory named loadbg (I think that's the name). Essentials should find it automatically.

Also, the search function could have answered that question. And maybe even the wiki.

Atomic Reactor

I did search the thread haha, and i distinctly recall someone having the same question, and i remember their being an answer. But i couldn't find that post.
    But i did not check the wiki. I've used the wiki before, and it never seems to have the answers i need :/

Thanks for the help :)

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I did search the thread haha, and i distinctly recall someone having the same question, and i remember their being an answer. But i couldn't find that post.
    But i did not check the wiki. I've used the wiki before, and it never seems to have the answers i need :/

You're very welcome. The wiki can take some getting used to, but when you get a feel for where everything is, you can generally find whatever you need. And google is good about helping you find answers in this forum as well, assuming you choose your keywords right.

Atomic Reactor

hahaha that's just it! I knew the answer was somewhere in the thread, i just didn't choose the right keywords XD So after about 20 minutes of searching, i just decided to ask haha.

Oh and thanks for the help from Canderis as well!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024

You are aware that you can always post in the wiki thread to mention something you'd particularly like to see in the wiki, right? If there's a specific list of "things people really want documenting", there's much more drive to get them done.

You're very welcome. The wiki can take some getting used to, but when you get a feel for where everything is, you can generally find whatever you need. And google is good about helping you find answers in this forum as well, assuming you choose your keywords right.
    If you have any comments on the wiki's layout, please post them in the wiki thread. Any and all feedback is welcome, and the whole point of the wiki is that everyone can use it easily (and contribute to it!).

Atomic Reactor

Oh really? I'll have to make sure to do that then haha, sorry!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back