• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Hi guys, i was wondering, how can i make my rival get a starter. When i choose a starter, he doesn't pick it up, and after i've chosen Charmander, i can still choose other starter. So my problem is: How can i make other people/rivals get starter pokemon? Pls help.

You just have do use a switch/var after taking one pokemon. Just create a new page on each "starter-event" which has a switch as condition. Turn the switch on after choosing one of them, so the other 2 couldn't be choosen anymore.

You can do it the same way to let the rival pick a starter pokemon. Just read some basic tutorials of rmxp.

KingRazor

Pokemon Master Since 1999
    Years
  • Still working on the glitch where pokemon other than the last one to battle won't learn new moves when they level up.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Hello everyone,

just a question about game lag. My game is lagging no matter on which map I am. Even in the Intro Scene (where you have to choose if you want to "play a new game", "continue a game" or "end the game").
    It's like the game is freezin every 2-3 seconds. Since it doesn't change anything if I'm turning the day/night system off or not, i would like to ask you, if you know, what else could be the reason for this kind of lag.

Than you :3

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Essentials usually doesn't lag that much, so, I hate to break it to you, but it's most likely your computer.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Essentials usually doesn't lag that much, so, I hate to break it to you, but it's most likely your computer.
    negative.
    I tested it on 2 PCs.
    I used an old version of the starterkit before, where it doesn't lag that much. Must be something of the newest Version. ):

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • negative.
    I tested it on 2 PCs.

Implying both PC's might not be terrible?

The new version of essentials is a little more resource-intensive, so if you couldn't even play to old version without lag, yes, it's your computer(s) that are at fault. I've said this many times before, but I have never had lag issues and my PC isn't even all that great.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Implying both PC's might not be terrible?

The new version of essentials is a little more resource-intensive, so if you couldn't even play to old version without lag, yes, it's your computer(s) that are at fault. I've said this many times before, but I have never had lag issues and my PC isn't even all that great.

Actually, the newest Essentials is TOO laggy. Don't say it's my Pc, because it's a Core 2 Duo of 2.8 GHz and 3 GB of RAM. All the Essentials, before the newest one are not too laggy, it has normal lag. But the September 2010, I think, is WAY TOO LAGGY.

BTW: I have tested it on the PC at my office, the one from my house(the Core2Duo with 2.8), with a friend's, and with one I used to use at a 3D Videogame Design company which is like triple the power of the one at my house and it lags.

So, what's wrong with it? Any ideas of how to solve it?

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    How would I go about fixing the issue described in the wiki

There is currently no way of manually switching between viewing the Regional Dex and the National Dex (besides going to different maps in different regions).

My idea would be to make a menu appear after the regional dex has been enabled that lets you choose, or something, but i can't script. Would anyone be able to help me with this?

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Help?

Hey! I use essentials DS and I imported a new tileset. While I was mapping, I made some ledges and I set them to terrain tag 1, but whenever I walk over them, there is no jumping animation or sound

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    Actually, the newest Essentials is TOO laggy. Don't say it's my Pc, because it's a Core 2 Duo of 2.8 GHz and 3 GB of RAM. All the Essentials, before the newest one are not too laggy, it has normal lag. But the September 2010, I think, is WAY TOO LAGGY.

BTW: I have tested it on the PC at my office, the one from my house(the Core2Duo with 2.8), with a friend's, and with one I used to use at a 3D Videogame Design company which is like triple the power of the one at my house and it lags.

So, what's wrong with it? Any ideas of how to solve it?
    I can't speak for everyone obviously, but the only time I experenced lag is when a map had too many events on it (this lag would spread to conected maps as well). Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the version of essentials I have is the newest (Sept. 2010) or the one right before it (May 2010). From the number of computers tested the chances that the computer used is completely to blame are low. There may be an issue within essentials that needs exploring.

Edit:Also if one makes any edits to the coding within essentials the lag may be traced to edits. I know mine has tons of coding that isn't found in a clean version of essentials.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    It's definitely a problem of the newest essential...

I tested the older version and they didn't lag (the older version only lags on my pc while the bgm changes, but this has nothing to do with essential...).

Since the game lags even on the title Screen, it can't be a problem of big maps or too many events.

I've tested the new version on 3 PCs now (1 private pc, 1 private notebook, 1 pc of my office and the worst one of those 3 has 4gb ram & 2x 2,8GHz).

Well i just asked if someone knows something about that issue. I'm trying to identify the problems myself too. So please don't say "it must be the fault of your low pc".

Edit:
    PS: I've tested it with the newest (clean) version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Well even if there is no audio file in game folder (and i tested a map without audio as well) it still lags.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Thanks for the help, but i have another problem..

When i walk in my house, where my player lives, wild pokemon appears..-.-
    I didn't put wild battles in so wild pokemons shouldn't appear, what is happening? Pls help..:S

I didn't put wild battles in so wild pokemons shouldn't appear, what is happening? Pls help..:S

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for the help, but i have another problem..

Check the encounters PBS file, maybe you have it set up as a cave.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    help needed wit RMXP!

im using pokemon essentials with rpg maker xp, and when i test play the game i created, i cant see my players sprite, it invisible, what is the problem and how can i fix this up?

thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Anyone knows if the textcompiler is bugged? It always says:
    "Failed to compile text: Section Map0 has an odd number of entries (section was recognize as hash because it's first line is not a number)"

Edit:
    Oh.. okey, seems there is 1 line missing. So it seems like the Extract-Text method is bugged ;3

Edit²:
    Okey, nothing was bugged, but my texteditor :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Hey guys, maybe this has been answered, but how do i make it so that i encounetr wil pokemons? I mean, i put everything in the encounters.txt, i wrote my map's ID but Pokemons won't attack me in grass. What am i doing wrong?

Here is what i did:
    Land
    PIDGEY,16
    PARAS,16
    PARAS,16
    RATTATA,17
    RATTATA,18
    PIDGEY,17
    RATTATA,19
    RATTATA,18
    PIDGEY,19
    RATTATA,18
    PIDGEY,20
    RATTATA,20

i went to editor and did the encounters there on my Route 2 but there is still no encounters, do i need a script or something? pls help

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    Day/Night Problem

Sometimes (not all the time) when I warp from an indoor map to an outdoor map, or start the game on an outdoor map, this error message appears:

Exception: ArgumentError

PokemonUtilities:288:in `at'

PokemonUtilities:288:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:287:in `each'

PokemonUtilities:287:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:50:in `getTone'

PokemonUtilities:761:in `pbDayNightTint'

Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:179:in `update'

Sprite_Character:33:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'

Does anybody know why this happens and how to fix it?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back