• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevieJee

Pokémon Agate
Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Have you tried changing the resolution of the screen?

I tried everything. I tried changing the resolution, using a program to make the PC think it's got a bigger resolution than it has, nothing works. It's just weird that the same RPG Maker XP worked perfectly on my PC but doesn't work on my laptop. Obviously, it's a laptop problem.

Years
  • I tried everything. I tried changing the resolution, using a program to make the PC think it's got a bigger resolution than it has, nothing works. It's just weird that the same RPG Maker XP worked perfectly on my PC but doesn't work on my laptop. Obviously, it's a laptop problem.

Well, I use my RMXP in a laptop and it works perfectly fine, so it must be a problem with your laptop.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hey, does anybody know how to play a movie? I know how to call the script and I see the script but where do i put in the name of the movie i need to play?
    To call it (including the name of the movie) use $scene = Scene_Movie.new("YourMovie"). It will look for the movie with that name in the Movies folder (the folder should be in the main game directory with the .exe file). However, I don't know that the movie script has been corrected in the newest version or not. There was a problem with the videos closing. If you find that to be an issue with your version, look for if Input.trigger?(Input::B), and add movie.call("close FILE",0,0,0) right below it.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Does anyone know which lines you change for the position of the enemy's Pokémon in trainer and wild battles? I found the one for your own mon, but can't find this.

And I also haven't been able to figure out my previous problem yet. Sorry, if it was already answered, but I got confused...
    Just reposting since I didn't get the answer.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I tried everything. I tried changing the resolution, using a program to make the PC think it's got a bigger resolution than it has, nothing works. It's just weird that the same RPG Maker XP worked perfectly on my PC but doesn't work on my laptop. Obviously, it's a laptop problem.
    Try reinstalling RMXP? Your screenshot shows the window's size isn't limited by your screen resolution, and that's the only other thing I can think of. Must be a very rare problem. Reinstalling something that's glitchy usually works (if it normally works properly, of course).

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    Hello, I have some questions about some bugs that I encoundered. First of all I am using a modified version of PokemonSummary of DS kit (modified by me) and I am getting some errors. The first error is that when I press the down button from the arrow keys I am getting this error
    Spoiler:

Also I have some questions which I wrote on the picture I uploaded with my PokemonSummary script

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

My Pokedex works all fine and dandy when i acces it from the menu.
    But when i catch a new pokemon, and it displays the new dex info, everything is shifted to the right ... a lot. It's in the right spot, on the y axis. But on the x axis it's all shifted.

Any idea what i can do to fix this? Why it's doing it, or what part of the scripts i should be looking at? I have no idea :/

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Hi! I have a question. What does this mean?....

Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `play' for #<RPG::SE:0xa8c80e0 @volume=80, @name="Choose", @pitch=100>
    SpriteWindow:790:in `pbSEPlay'
    SpriteWindow:852:in `pbPlayDecisionSE'
    PokemonMessages:1365:in `pbMessageDisplay'
    PokemonMessages:994:in `pbMessage'
    PokemonMessages:1013:in `pbConfirmMessage'
    PokemonTrainers:171:in `pbMissingTrainer'
    Compiler:2786:in `pbTrainerBattleCheck'
    Compiler:3702:in `pbConvertToTrainerEvent'
    Compiler:2811:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
    Compiler:2806:in `each'

My game was working fine earlier today. I messed with the Pokedex a little (changed a few Pokemons' names and moves), but other than that, I haven't touched a thing. What did I do?

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012

My game was working fine earlier today. I messed with the Pokedex a little (changed a few Pokemons' names and moves), but other than that, I haven't touched a thing. What did I do?

Have you tried compiling the game in the editor?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014

Looks like there is a sound file missing. Maybe you created/changed the number of a pokemon and forgot to create the "cry file" or you've changed something in the script x.x

Ces soirees-la

Hello, Hello
    Years
  • I'm getting this everytime I use the poke radar

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonRadar:75:in `pbPokeRadarHighlightGrass'

PokemonRadar:73:in `each'

PokemonRadar:73:in `pbPokeRadarHighlightGrass'

PokemonRadar:121:in `pbUsePokeRadar'

PokemonRadar:204

PokemonRadar:203:in `call'

PBEvent:146:in `trigger'

PokemonItems:142:in `triggerUseInField'

PokemonItems:342:in `pbUseKeyItemInField'

PokemonMenu:179:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

This exception was logged in

D:\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

And one know how to fix this?

Years
  • Is there anyway to make the attack animations be different depending on who is using it (Player/Enemy). For example for growl, I need the animations to be backwards if the enemy uses it, and in the examples there is one called "Growl Hero" and another one called "Growl Enemy", but no animation shows when using growl.
    I changed the name of those to "MOVE:GROWL HERO" and "MOVE:GROWL ENEMY" and still nothing. They work if it's just "MOVE:GROWL", but the animation doesn't reverse when used by the enemy.

So, is there any way of making an animation for the Player and one for the enemy for the same move?

Opalescent

Ninja Mapper
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Sorry to keep asking questions, but I'm having trouble with my map connections. When I put two maps side by side, when you walk halfway across one map, you jump randomly into the one it has been connected too, and the sprite dissapears. The player can move, but you can't see the sprite and it doesn't recognise my passage settings. Basically, you jump from one map to the other in the wrong place and get stuck. I can't fix it :/ are there known problems for the visual editor like this?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2015
    Could anyone give me a Fast Ball,Friend Ball,Lure Ball,Moon Ball,Love Ball and Heavy Ball script?
    I'm looking for these script.

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
    Years
  • Could anyone give me a Fast Ball,Friend Ball,Lure Ball,Moon Ball,Love Ball and Heavy Ball script?
    I'm looking for these script.

It's not neccesary a script to create those Pokeballs, just create them in items.txt from the PBS folder, and following the instructions from the notes.html file.

Talking about the notes.html file, I have a question, about the "Supplied Name for a Person" instructions.

I understand how to supply a name for a rival for example, I've tried that and it works perfectly, but also I want to supply a name for a "second rival", so I tried to do that by putting again the script next to the first rival name section, but it didnt work.

Is there a method to supply a name for a second rival? and how to do that?

Years
  • It's not neccesary a script to create those Pokeballs, just create them in items.txt from the PBS folder, and following the instructions from the notes.html file.

Talking about the notes.html file, I have a question, about the "Supplied Name for a Person" instructions.

I understand how to supply a name for a rival for example, I've tried that and it works perfectly, but also I want to supply a name for a "second rival", so I tried to do that by putting again the script next to the first rival name section, but it didnt work.

Is there a method to supply a name for a second rival? and how to do that?

Actually, a script is necessary to make those pokeballs work as he wants them to work, if he does as you say so, they will only work as a normal Pokeball.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back