• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2013
    Sorry to bother you guys but i have another question. How do you make that Pokemon follows you like in Heart gold? :S
    Last I checked,Pokemon Essentials doesn't have that feature.The only one kit that does is Venom 12's starter kit.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Last I checked,Pokemon Essentials doesn't have that feature.The only one kit that does is Venom 12's starter kit.
    Venom uses Help14's script in his kit. You can just find the original script and drop it into whatever version of essentials you have (and of course following the directions for its use in his thread). For the most part, Venom's kit is, from what I can tell, a compilation of many different scripts provided by different users, putting it all in one simple package.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hi what is wrong with bad dreams ability?
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Okay guys, but Venom can you send me the script so that i know? I don't wanna bother download it because i still wouldn't know where is the script and stuff..

I really wanna make it available that Pokemon can walk with you.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I found several new bugs in essentials, before listing I am trying to fix they because is better to list they with their fixes!
    One of they is the Rain Dance/Sunny Day bug that incorrectelly put they damage, but I found a very strange line:
    Code:
     if weather==PBWeather::RAINDANCE
       if isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FIRE)
        damage>>=1
    What did the "damage>>=1" line mean?

I'm having a bug and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or could help me with it. In the battle scene, when you choose which move to attack with, if you are on the top right move and hit the right arrow again, the cursor will move to the next move, but it will still use the second one. I have been trying to fix this all day, but to no avail. I always seem to mess things up more. I believe the error is in PokeBattle_ActualScene and has something to do with the method def pbNextIndex. I would appreciate any help or advice.
    I also noted this before:

Move Cursor Glitch
    Versions: All
    How activate: Have a pokémon with 3/4 moves, press up when selecting a move in top.
    Effect: The cursor goes down, but the move selected doesn't change.
    How fix: Unknown

my autotiles wont show up in game! they are there in RPGXP, but when playing the actual game or playtesting they dont appear. I have no tiles over them, just grass underneath and it isnt x'd out on the database or anything. Any help?
    Checks the passability and the order of tiles. If this won't work check the "Options" menu if the "Custom" is selected

How do make the game allow you walk behind trees; it either makes me walk on them or disallows me to walk behind!

-is there an event to solve this?
    In tilesets put the passability "O" and the priority at least 1.

Anyone know how to check the happiness of a pokemon in the party when you don't know what slot its in?

Code:
    pbChoosePokemon(1,3)
    $game_variables[ZZZ]=
    pbGetPokemon(1).happiness
    Where ZZZ is the number where you want that value be store. You can also change the "happiness" on code for the other PokeBattle_Pokemon atributes like pokerus, level, exp, item (number), etc... , checks the advanced topics on essentials documentation.

Okay guys, but Venom can you send me the script so that i know? I don't wanna bother download it because i still wouldn't know where is the script and stuff..

I really wanna make it available that Pokemon can walk with you.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239486 Essentials DS thread
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=202478 Pokemon Following Character Script

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I found several new bugs in essentials, before listing I am trying to fix they because is better to list they with their fixes!
    One of they is the Rain Dance/Sunny Day bug that incorrectelly put they damage, but I found a very strange line:
    Code:
     if weather==PBWeather::RAINDANCE
       if isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FIRE)
        damage>>=1
    What did the "damage>>=1" line mean?
    It's a combination of a bitwise shift and an assignment. It's basically shorthand for:

Code:
    damage=(damage/2).floor
    Bitwise shifts deal with binary numbers. If you knock off the last digit of a binary number, you've halved that number (just like when you knock the last digit off a decimal number, you've divided it by 10). That's rounded down, of course. The "1" part means you just knock the last 1 digit off.

Other examples:

• damage>>=2 means to divide by 4 (knock the last 2 digits off the binary number).
    • damage<<=1 means to double the number (same as damage*=2). Here you're adding a digit (a "0") onto the end of the binary number.
    Surprisingly I can't find anywhere on the Interweb that actually defines this function; it's just listed in tables with no explanation of what it actually does. It makes sense, though, when you know what ">>" does (bitwise shift down) and you relate that to how it affects the damage of the move (i.e. it must change the value by itself, hence the "=" part). It's literally a combination of ">>" and "=".

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anyone had any custom Pokédex/Status screen/Bag screen/Item PC screen script?
    I personally prefer the ones that can support big moves/abilities/item descriptions
    Hi!
    I have a problem. I believe that I use the Pokemon Essential of January 2010.
    I saw this: https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Summary_screens
    and I want to fix the Experience bar and I added this (in blue):

But, Error in the Summary Egg!

I did not put this because the RPG MAKER say Method Error in Summary Info:
    drawMarkings(overlay,80,40,72,20,pokemon.markings)

How can I do that it works well?
    Have you done right? Im my version this is working with Experience bar fix, but may be for January Version.
    Testing your problem lets me found another bug ofr 3th April 2010 version (and not the lastest ones)! In PokeBattle_Pokemon, after the attr_accessor group put "attr_accessor(:abilityflag)" or the game crash when you receive an egg for Day Care!

It's a combination of a bitwise shift and an assignment. It's basically shorthand for:

Code:
    damage=(damage/2).floor
    Bitwise shifts deal with binary numbers. If you knock off the last digit of a binary number, you've halved that number (just like when you knock the last digit off a decimal number, you've divided it by 10). That's rounded down, of course. The "1" part means you just knock the last 1 digit off.

Other examples:

• damage>>=2 means to divide by 4 (knock the last 2 digits off the binary number).
    • damage<<=1 means to double the number (same as damage*=2). Here you're adding a digit (a "0") onto the end of the binary number.
    Surprisingly I can't find anywhere on the Interweb that actually defines this function; it's just listed in tables with no explanation of what it actually does. It makes sense, though, when you know what ">>" does (bitwise shift down) and you relate that to how it affects the damage of the move (i.e. it must change the value by itself, hence the "=" part). It's literally a combination of ">>" and "=".
    Thank you Maruno! I asked several people but only you know the solution!

How do i put a different music for a pokemon trainer battle? It just plays som,e random crap.
    Here two ways:
    -Use the event command "Change Battle BGM" (for the next battle only)
    -In trainernames.txt edit the Field 5 (for every time that yor battle versus this trainer type)

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Anyone had any custom Pokédex/Status screen/Bag screen/Item PC screen script?
    I personally prefer the ones that can support big moves/abilities/item descriptions
    Have you done right? Im my version this is working with Experience bar fix, but may be for January Version.
    Testing your problem lets me found another bug ofr 3th April 2010 version (and not the lastest ones)! In PokeBattle_Pokemon, after the attr_accessor group put "attr_accessor(:abilityflag)" or the game crash when you receive an egg for Day Care!

Thank you Maruno! I asked several people but only you know the solution!

Here two ways:
    -Use the event command "Change Battle BGM" (for the next battle only)
    -In trainernames.txt edit the Field 5 (for every time that yor battle versus this trainer type)
    Thanks dude..:D...........................

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    I've been wondering, I've downloaded the latest version and no matter what I do, I cant set a map to ''outdoor'' with the metadata or else it'll crash. I even tried with the Kit alone and it crashes as soon as you get to a map with ''outdoor=true''. And Also I can't get the running shows to work. (I am using the script to add them and everything.
    So I was wondering what's was up with that.

Thanks.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been wondering, I've downloaded the latest version and no matter what I do, I cant set a map to ''outdoor'' with the metadata or else it'll crash. I even tried with the Kit alone and it crashes as soon as you get to a map with ''outdoor=true''. And Also I can't get the running shows to work. (I am using the script to add them and everything.
    So I was wondering what's was up with that.

Thanks.
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Error_messages . To disable line Day and Night system: 314 of PokemonUtilities says "ENABLESHADING = true". Make it false instead
    Essentials have gen III mecanics of running, you can't run at inner maps. To change this: https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:Run_anywhere

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be sure to check the Pokemon Essentials Wikia next time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022

LOL!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    "xtPositions(overlay,textpos)"
    I erased accidentally a part of the "pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textpos)"

FAIL! :embarrass

Everything is OK. Thank you for trying to help. ;)

------------------------------------------------------

One Question:
    How can I do that it could not gain experience in a place that is not the Battle Tower?

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey!
    I found a bug about the Experience bar bugfix:
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Summary_screens

If a Pokemon is of level 100 this happens:

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Pokegear:97:in `update'
    Pokegear:71:in `main'
    Pokegear:68:in `loop'
    Pokegear:75:in `main'
    PokemonUtilities:669:in `pbLoadRpgxpScene'
    PokemonMenu:151:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:141:in `loop'
    PokemonMenu:250:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    Scene_Map:182:in `call_menu'
    Scene_Map:153:in `update'

Anyone know what this error is about, it comes up when i click PokéGear in the menu, this error has never existed until now!

i cant tell you what version im using because i downloaded it so long ago... this is irritating me so much as im trying to release a demo...

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Hi guys, im trying to make attack animations, but i just can't it always gets screwed up, does anyone have finished attacks?

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    I'm trying to combine a Visual Equipment script with Pokemon Essentials.
    Code:
    #==============================================================================
    # ** Visual_Equipment Re-Edited (version Kappa)
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #    Written by Rataime
    #    New Edits by DerVVulfman
    #    February 10, 2008
    #
    # Revisions to note:
    #  1) Added formatted headers and comments throughout the script.
    #  2) Encapsulated the working code in a Visual Equipment module.
    #  3) Set the equipment array into an instance value to lower resource costs.
    #  4) Discovered a 'nil' $game_party bug.  Added 'return if...' statements.
    #  5) Removed unnecessary Window_SaveFile edit.
    #  6) Interpreter routine for 'Change Equipment' now aliased.
    #  7) Interpreter routine for 'Change Equipment' now changes visible equipment.
    #  8) Support for 'Change Party Members' now works, even w/ Large Party systems.
    #  9) 'Change Equipment' now compatible with Fukuyama's Train Actor script.
    # 10) System should now be usable with or without RMXP SDK.
    # ** Changing party members or equipment while still visible on the map will
    # ** force the map to refresh, giving a slight pause.

# ** module Visual Equipment
    #  This module handles the image name and equipment drawing process.

module Visual_Equipment
      module_function
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # * Update Visual Equipment
      def equip_update
        @visual_equipment = Array.new
        for i in 0..$game_party.actors.size
          @visual_equipment[i+1] = []
        end

#========================================================================
       #  **  C  O  N  F  I  G  U  R  A  T  I  O  N      S  Y  S  T  E  M  **  #
       #
       # Syntax to set weapons or armors in this script are as follows:
       #      add_weapon_sprite(weaponID, characterset)
       # -or- add_armor_sprite(armorID, characterset)
       #
       # The ID number is the same as the ID number in the database.
       # The charactersets are the extra graphics for the weapon/armor that is
       # stored in the 'Graphics\Characterset' folder of your project.

# WEAPON LISTINGS
          #add_weapon_sprite(33, "tpl_helmet_1")  # <-didn't make a weapon image :P

# ARMOR LISTINGS
          add_armor_sprite( 6, "tpl_helmet_1")
          add_armor_sprite( 7, "tpl_helmet_2")
          add_armor_sprite(20, "tpl_armor_white")
          add_armor_sprite(15, "tpl_armor_blue")
          add_armor_sprite(21, "tpl_armor_cape")

#  ****   E N D   O F   C O N F I G U R A T I O N   S Y S T E M   ****  #

#------------------------------------------------------------------------
        # * Visual Equipment Functions
        #------------------------------------------------------------------------
        RPG::Cache.clear 
        return if $game_party == nil
        for i in 0...$game_party.actors.size
          for img in @visual_equipment[i+1]
            bitmap = RPG::Cache.character($game_party.actors[i].character_name, 
                          $game_party.actors[i].character_hue)
            if img!=true and img!=false
              add_equip(bitmap,img,i)
            end
          end
        end
      end
      # * Add Equipment
      #     sprite    : Original sprite bitmap
      #     to_add    : Equipment characterset
      #     character : Member in party
      def add_equip(sprite, to_add, character)
        bmp = Sprite.new
        bmp.visible = false
        bmp.bitmap  = RPG::Cache.character(to_add, 
                          $game_party.actors[character].character_hue)
        color = bmp.bitmap.get_pixel(0, 0)
        x = sprite.width
        y = sprite.height
        if @visual_equipment[0]
          x = x/4
          y = y/4
        end
        for i in 0..x
          for j in 0..y
            color_get = bmp.bitmap.get_pixel(i, j)
            if color_get != color
              sprite.set_pixel(i, j ,color_get)
            end
          end
        end
        bmp = nil
      end
      # * Add Weapon Sprite
      #     id        : Weapon ID
      #     sprite    : Weapon characterset
      def add_weapon_sprite(id, sprite)
          if $game_party.actors[i].weapon_id == id
            @visual_equipment[i+1].push(sprite)
          end
        end
      end
      # * Add Armor Sprite
      #     id        : Armor ID
      #     sprite    : Armor characterset
      def add_armor_sprite(id, sprite)
          if $game_party.actors[i].armor1_id == id or 
             $game_party.actors[i].armor2_id == id or 
             $game_party.actors[i].armor3_id == id or 
             $game_party.actors[i].armor4_id == id
            @visual_equipment[i+1].push(sprite)
          end
        end
      end
    end  

# ** Game_Temp
    #  This class handles temporary data that is not included with save data.
    #  Refer to "$game_temp" for the instance of this class.

class Game_Temp
      # * Public Instance Variables
      attr_accessor :visual_transfer          # Equipment changed in field switch
      # * Object Initialization
      alias visual_initialize initialize
      def initialize
        # Perform the original call
        visual_initialize
        @visual_transfer = false              # Equipment changed in field
      end
    end

# ** Scene_Equip
    #  This class performs equipment screen processing.

class Scene_Equip
      # * Alias Listings
      alias visual_update_right update_right
      # * Frame Update (when right window is active)
      def update_right
        # If B button was pressed
        if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
          # Update with the equipment
          Visual_Equipment.equip_update
          # Play cancel SE
          $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
          # Switch to menu screen
          $scene = Scene_Menu.new(2)
          return
        end
        visual_update_right
      end
    end

# ** Game_Player
    #  This class handles the player. Its functions include event starting
    #  determinants and map scrolling. Refer to "$game_player" for the one
    #  instance of this class.

class Game_Player < Game_Character
      # * Alias Listings
      alias visual_update update
      # * Frame Update
      def update
        # Do not perform during equipment transfer
        return if $game_temp.visual_transfer == true
        visual_update
      end
    end

# ** Interpreter
    #  This interpreter runs event commands. This class is used within the
    #  Game_System class and the Game_Event class.
    class Interpreter
      # * Alias Listings
      alias visual_command_129 command_129
      alias visual_command_319 command_319
      # * Change Party Member
      def command_129
        visual_command_129
        # Continue
        return true    
      end
      # * Change Equipment
      def command_319
        visual_command_319
        # Turns the transfer system on
        $game_temp.visual_transfer = true
        # Switch to map screen
        $scene = Scene_Map.new    
        # Continue
        return true
      end
    end

# ** Scene_Map
    #  This class performs map screen processing.

class Scene_Map
      # * Alias Listings
      alias visual_update update
      # * Frame Update
      def update
        visual_update
        # Turns equipment transfer system off
        $game_temp.visual_transfer = false if $game_temp.visual_transfer == true
      end
    end

# ** Game_Character
    #  This class deals with characters. It's used as a superclass for the
    #  Game_Player and Game_Event classes.

class Game_Character
      # * Public Instance Variables
      attr_accessor :character_hue
    end

# ** Game_Actor
    #  This class handles the actor. It's used within the Game_Actors class
    #  ($game_actors) and refers to the Game_Party class ($game_party).

class Game_Actor < Game_Battler
      # * Alias Listings
      alias visual_setup setup
      # * Setup
      #     actor_id : actor ID
      def setup(actor_id)
        visual_setup(actor_id)
        @character_hue = (@character_hue+1)%256
      end
    end

# ** Scene_Load
    #  This class performs load screen processing.

class Scene_Load < Scene_File
      # * Alias Listings
      alias visual_read_save_data read_save_data
      alias visual_on_cancel on_cancel
      # * Cancel Processing
      def on_cancel
        visual_on_cancel
      end
      # * Read Save Data
      #     file : file object for reading (opened)
      def read_save_data(file)
        visual_read_save_data(file)
      end
    end

# ** Scene_Save
    #  This class performs save screen processing.

class Scene_Save < Scene_File
      # * Alias Listings
      alias visual_on_decision on_decision
      alias visual_on_cancel on_cancel
      # * Cancel Processing
      def on_cancel
        visual_on_cancel
      end
      # * Decision Processing
      def on_decision(file)
        visual_on_decision(file)
      end
    end

# ** Scene_Title
    #  This class performs title screen processing.

class Scene_Title
      # * Alias Listings
      alias visual_command_new_game command_new_game
      # * Command: New Game
      def command_new_game
        visual_command_new_game
      end
    end
    What I want to do is show the trainer wearing different clothes based on what he or she has equipped. I also want to change the way the trainer command on the pause menu works. I want it to show what the trainer has equipped for their clothes and allow them to equip different clothes. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this? If it's too confusing, I can post a mockup of what I mean, and if this doesn't belong here, I can make a new thread for it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2011
    Move Cursor Glitch
    Versions: All
    How activate: Have a pokémon with 3/4 moves, press up when selecting a move in top.
    Effect: The cursor goes down, but the move selected doesn't change.
    How fix: Unknown

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    Well, at default, the actor's all blank. For actor data to be there, a script command needs to occur to define what the hero will be (Such as a boy or a girl).

Looking at the intro event in the example game, that function appears to be:

Code:
    pbChangePlayer(0)
    The number goes from 0-3, 0 being PlayerA and 3 being PlayerD

So you need to make a Call Script that does that script command. You can edit specific names and sprites of what that player choice would be by going into Metadata -> Global within Editor.exe.

If all seems lost, just follow what the example game's intro is like.

I'm having what I think is the same problem in that my character in the example game is invisible. I can see the 'splash' around his motion when I move him but not the character himself. In the instructions in the quote I can find the global metadata from the editor, but do I add the pbChangePlayer(0) code here or somewhere else? Where do I look to see how the example game's intro is setup? I am not familiar yet with how to make a call script.

Update - It may be that I should be asking a different question as I understand that I'm supposed to talk with Professor Oak at the beginning of the intro to get a character and this isn't happening.

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I'm having what I think is the same problem in that my character in the example game is invisible. I can see the 'splash' around his motion when I move him but not the character himself. In the instructions in the quote I can find the global metadata from the editor, but do I add the pbChangePlayer(0) code here or somewhere else? Where do I look to see how the example game's intro is setup? I am not familiar yet with how to make a call script.

Update - It may be that I should be asking a different question as I understand that I'm supposed to talk with Professor Oak at the beginning of the intro to get a character and this isn't happening.
    You should have a map called Intro by default in Essentials, which has the player's starting position and an event at the top left that handles the intro functions (i.e. the speech, selecting your gender, entering your name). The event has to be on autorun, and the end of the event should include a transfer player command to send them to where you want them to start playing from (like the player's house). So as long as you have pbChangePlayer(0), pbTrainerName, and a transfer player command, your intro event should be fine. And if you don't already know, the script command is the last event command on the 3rd tab.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Hello again, I've got another problem.
    When a Pokémon is poisoned, when you walk around for long enough he finaly gets back to his normal status but the text saying he recovered says ''{1}'' (number in the party, first Pokémon) instead of the Pokémon Name.

I've looked around quite a bit but couldn't find anything yet so I'm asking here.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back