• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen today
    i keep getting this error, but i havent actually edited anything within that script... any ideas what could be causing it, it comes up when a wild battle is supposed to happen

Spoiler:
    When is this happening? When going into a wild battle? Could you elaborate on how it happens.

how do i classify a map as an outdoor map?
    Go into the Editor within your project folder, then go down to visual editor, you should find your map, just double click it to find your options and you'll be able to set it to an outdoor one, amongst other options.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    Thank you that did work i have 2 more questions though.

how do you delete an event forever after it is executed and how do you make one event dependant on antoher?

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023

When is this happening? When going into a wild battle? Could you elaborate on how it happens.

its happening when i go into a wild battle yeah, i'm just walking in grass, no battle appears, just this error, then game closes.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    Hello there. I've just changed my screen dimensions to make using bigger sprites a tad less impossible (XD), but I don't know how to fix the battle screen, pokédex et cetera. They remain their old size, which looks quite... well, not good.

Right now I'm getting this error:

If anyone could tell me how to fix this I'd be incredibly happy.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hello there. I've just changed my screen dimensions to make using bigger sprites a tad less impossible (XD), but I don't know how to fix the battle screen, pokédex et cetera. They remain their old size, which looks quite... well, not good.

Right now I'm getting this error:

If anyone could tell me how to fix this I'd be incredibly happy.
    The upcoming release of Essentials will automatically reposition the battle elements depending on the screen size, so no edits are necessary. If you don't mind moving over to the new version, the solution will already be there.

Himalama

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    The upcoming release of Essentials will automatically reposition the battle elements depending on the screen size, so no edits are necessary. If you don't mind moving over to the new version, the solution will already be there.
    That's actually quite nice! So when is this update coming? And does it take lots of effort to move over? Because I don't want to lose anything...

My game freezes every time I want to enter a building o.o

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    That's actually quite nice! So when is this update coming? And does it take lots of effort to move over? Because I don't want to lose anything...

My game freezes every time I want to enter a building o.o
    That depends on how you've been making your modifications. If you've been keeping track of what you're changing, then it should be simple enough (although tedious) to transfer those changes into a fresh version. I think it's better to do that than to figure out what scripts have been changed and apply those to your existing version.

I assume the transfer events are set up properly, and are pointing to maps that exist? "It freezes" is so vague...

Himalama

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    That depends on how you've been making your modifications. If you've been keeping track of what you're changing, then it should be simple enough (although tedious) to transfer those changes into a fresh version. I think it's better to do that than to figure out what scripts have been changed and apply those to your existing version.

I assume the transfer events are set up properly, and are pointing to maps that exist? "It freezes" is so vague...

Ah, okay. I haven't been changing much lately, just a couple of maps... It should be easy to do that.

Yes, I've set everything up properly. It's really weird, everything used to work...

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    A new version of Pokémon Essentials has been released!

Link: (broken link removed)

See the wiki thread for more details.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2018
    Well I have downloaded the new version,so..will just copy pasting few stuff I changed like trainers.txt, along with game.rxpoj be enough,or do I have to do something else/start from scratch again?.

Edit:I have another doubt,while creating few maps,for some reason weather is auto set,few maps become caves by default while I want it to be a normal building.Err..do correct me if this the wrong place

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Well I have downloaded the new version,so..will just copy pasting few stuff I changed like trainers.txt, along with game.rxpoj be enough,or do I have to do something else/start from scratch again?.

Edit:I have another doubt,while creating few maps,for some reason weather is auto set,few maps become caves by default while I want it to be a normal building.Err..do correct me if this the wrong place
    If you're modifying the latest version of Essentials you just downloaded, then you can copy over your own PBS files and any graphics you've added/changed, and that should be fine. You should also copy over the maps you've made - look in the "Data" folder for them. If you've changed any scripts, you will need to copy those changes across individually (don't simply replace the scripts file in the new version).

The game decides whether a map is a cave map, indoor map or outdoor map by looking at the map's metadata. You've just changed the maps without also changing that metadata. The wiki has information about this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    weird problem i have it to where the maps are set as outside maps and i go the first route to catch a pokemon and i dont run into anything after a long time of searching any ideas come to mind?

also i have a script where the player moves and then somebody talks to him/her. the person that is supposed to talk to the player talks while the setroute is happening how do i make a pause in between

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    weird problem i have it to where the maps are set as outside maps and i go the first route to catch a pokemon and i dont run into anything after a long time of searching any ideas come to mind?

also i have a script where the player moves and then somebody talks to him/her. the person that is supposed to talk to the player talks while the setroute is happening how do i make a pause in between

For the first part have you set any pokemon in the metadata for them? As just setting it as outdoors doesn't make the pokemon able to appear, you need to choose which pokemon are in the ecounters.

Second part, use a Wait for move completion, it's on tab number 2.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    For the first part have you set any pokemon in the metadata for them? As just setting it as outdoors doesn't make the pokemon able to appear, you need to choose which pokemon are in the ecounters.

Second part, use a Wait for move completion, it's on tab number 2.

I'm not going to use the editor program because it does not support morning day and night exclusive pokemon i am editing the txt file

i know that i need to set encounters but i need morning day and night exclusives

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    I'm not going to use the editor program because it does not support morning day and night exclusive pokemon i am editing the txt file

i know that i need to set encounters but i need morning day and night exclusives
    I don't have the most recent essentials, but I thought LandMorning, LandDay, and LandNight encounters were added back in.
    I added those into my kit myself, but now that essentials has time specific encounters agian I suggest you look into what the newest has to offer. (at the very least it could save you work many of us had to do ourselves.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2018
    If you're modifying the latest version of Essentials you just downloaded, then you can copy over your own PBS files and any graphics you've added/changed, and that should be fine. You should also copy over the maps you've made - look in the "Data" folder for them. If you've changed any scripts, you will need to copy those changes across individually (don't simply replace the scripts file in the new version).

The game decides whether a map is a cave map, indoor map or outdoor map by looking at the map's metadata. You've just changed the maps without also changing that metadata. .

Jeez,that was every simple thank you very much,I don't understand why did it set the weather to sand automatically?.Does it decide based on the tiles I use or something like that? It didn't do so for other indoor maps,and I used the same indoor tiles(the one that's given in Pokeessential to make both of them.)

Himalama

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    Is there any way to copy the passage settings of your tilesets?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    I don't have the most recent essentials, but I thought LandMorning, LandDay, and LandNight encounters were added back in.
    I added those into my kit myself, but now that essentials has time specific encounters agian I suggest you look into what the newest has to offer. (at the very least it could save you work many of us had to do ourselves.

That is what i thought too, but i added "LandMonring, LandDay, and LandNght" and i don't run into anything.

Himalama

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    It's way too much work to put everything into the new essentials, is it possible to copy some of the new scripts into the old essentials?

Years
    • Seen today
    Yes, you could just copy and paste over the scripts, but to be honest, you're better off doing it the old fashioned way. If you haven't done much changing in scripts you'll be fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back