• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewarwolf

Teh n00b haxorz
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Considering you're used to mapping, XSE will be more than enough. After all, you'll need AM just to place your own scripts. All the rest will be done through XSE.
    To decompile scripts, goto Settings -> Choose Script Editor. A new window will appear, letting you choose the script editor.
    After choosing, a message will popup, asking you if the script editor is going to use ":" or " " (space) as offset separator.
    Since you're using XSE you can just choose whatever you like, since both modes are fully supported.

Alright I've got that, so what is the .rbk files that XSE is asking me for when I go to Load?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Alright I've got that, so what is the .rbk files that XSE is asking me for when I go to Load?

Being a script editor, you're usually supposed to open script files. In case of XSE those have .rbc extensions.
    You can always choose GBA from the dropdown list and load a ROM instead.

Last edited:

Bluewarwolf

Teh n00b haxorz
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Ok, so I have AdvaceMap open and XSE, but I am very confused on where to even start. I read the Guide that was in XSE already.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, so I have AdvaceMap open and XSE, but I am very confused on where to even start. I read the Guide that was in XSE already.

On AdvanceMap there's an Open Script button available in the Events tab. Just use that.
    Eventually you can simply double click people, signs etc. to see the decompiled script into XSE.

Bluewarwolf

Teh n00b haxorz
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    On AdvanceMap there's an Open Script button available in the Events tab. Just use that.
    Eventually you can simply double click people, signs etc. to see the decompiled script into XSE.

ok, I must be below n00b level, like... super n00b..... I do, it comes up with XSE, but with a blank screen. Is that supposed to decompile the scripts for that map, or am I just editing/adding scripts to it? Mind you, this is the very first time I've even gone near scripting, so I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    And you don't need a hex editor.

Well, a hex editor is a basic tool every hacker should have.

ok, I must be below n00b level, like... super n00b..... I do, it comes up with XSE, but with a blank screen. Is that supposed to decompile the scripts for that map, or am I just editing/adding scripts to it? Mind you, this is the very first time I've even gone near scripting, so I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing

Would you mind posting a screenshot of XSE window? It may be useful.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Wait!! did you set your script editor in A-Map (Advance Map), that's the only way to open the scripts.

Originally Posted by HackMew
    Well, a hex editor is a basic tool every hacker should have
    Yeah, you're right, Though I never got down to learning Hex

Bluewarwolf

Teh n00b haxorz
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Well, a hex editor is a basic tool every hacker should have.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of XSE window? It may be useful.

If I knew how, I would..... I've never done screenshots outside of clicking "screenshot" on an emulator :/

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    If I knew how, I would..... I've never done screenshots outside of clicking "screenshot" on an emulator :/

Well, supposing you're using Windows:

1. Press the Print Scrn button.
    2. Open Paint.
    3. Edit -> Paste
    4. Save as .png/.jpg

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    Well, I need some help becuase my current scripter dosen't know how to start a battle... Can anyone give me a peice of code/script that starts a battle? Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

~Nytkoi

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Well, I need some help becuase my current scripter dosen't know how to start a battle... Can anyone give me a peice of code/script that starts a battle? Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

~Nytkoi

Battle is pretty generic... did you actually mean a wildbattle or a trainerbattle?
    In any case, why not decompiling a working script directly from the game?

Bluewarwolf

Teh n00b haxorz
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    I have to have 15 posts before I can post images, but when I click Open Script from Events tab, it brings up XSE but only has a blank screen, is that normal?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I have to have 15 posts before I can post images, but when I click Open Script from Events tab, it brings up XSE but only has a blank screen, is that normal?

What did you click? What does the File textbox on XSE contain? And what about the offset?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back