• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    Can someone tell me why my scripts just freeze up the game? I have a regular script without the "applymovements" and it works just fine. When I try to make it so the guy who gives you an EEVEE and put it in AM in the "script" event, it just freezes up my game.

Spoiler:

I've taken a quick look, and that's all I want to add/change about it

And btw, this is put out as a script in Pkmnadvance right? Have you set the varnumbers?

Lord Skall

Zeik Tuvai
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    Is there anything wrong with this script? Because \p isn't working, it just gives me the Pokemon after the first line of text. I've tried this with other scripts too but the same thing happens.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    I've taken a quick look, and that's all I want to add/change about it

And btw, this is put out as a script in Pkmnadvance right? Have you set the varnumbers?

Yeah, I wanna put it into Fire Red. I don't know hat you mean by var-numbers though. Sorry.

PS; It still doesn't work...

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    to Lord Skall... here's a fixed script for you. ^^
    Code:
    #org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x828
    if B_true goto $gotit
    message $q
    boxset 6
    givepokemon 133 5 0
    setflag 0x828
    release
    end

#org $gotit
    message $hi
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $q
    $q 1 = Prof. Kauri: Hello \v\h01, \n your turning 14 today\l
    aren't you?\pAll trainers get a Pokémon\nat this age.\p
    I only have one left. \pThis Pokémon has many \n
    different evolutions so \lchoose carefuly.\p 
    You should go on to \nthe next town and\l
    see the Pokémon Researcher \lthat lives there.\pGood 
    luck on your journey \n\v\h01.

#org $hi
    $hi 1 = Prof. Kauri: Hello \v\h01, how's \nyour journey going?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    Yeah, I wanna put it into Fire Red. I don't know hat you mean by var-numbers though. Sorry.

PS; It still doesn't work...

Since you don't know what the var numbers are, I guess that must be the reason why it doesn't work.

You go into the rom on Adv.Map. Then you go to your script. Over the script offset it says something about varnumbers...On Unknown you should write 0003. On Var number, write 4050.. Don't care about the rest....

Larsie13

I have a script that activates when you step on the green S. But after the trainerbattle, the script doesn't continue. Well, actually it does, but only when you step on the green S again. Not immediately after battle, as it should.
    Could it have something to do with the Var Numbers?
    Code:
    #org $startscript
    checkflag 0x828
    if B_true goto $battle
    applymovement 0x04 $stop
    pausemove 0
    message $rival
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0x04 $terug
    pausemove 0
    applymovement 0xFF $weg
    pausemove 0
    release
    end

#org $stop
    $stop 1 ; #binary 0x62 0x13 0xFE

#org $rival
    $rival 1 = \c\h01\h08\v\h06: \v\h01! Je mag niet verder!\nHier leven wilde Pokémon!\pAls je zelf geen Pokémon hebt,\nkun je je niet verdedigen.\pGa naar het Lab van mijn vader,\nhij zal vast wel een\lPokémon hebben.

#org $terug
    $terug 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x03 0xFE

#org $weg
    $weg 1 ; #binary 0x1D 0xFE

#org $battle
    applymovement 0x04 $stop
    trainerbattle 0 0x146 $komop $wtf $huh

#org $komop
    $komop 1 =\c\h01\h08\v\h06: Ik zie dat pa je\neen Pokémon heeft gegeven.\lLaat eens zien wat je kunt!

#org $wtf
    $wtf 1 =..........

#org $huh
    message $nouja
    boxset 6
    special 0x0
    applymovement 0x04 $mazzel
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x206
    release
    end

#org $nouja
    $nouja 1 =\c\h01\h08\v\h06: Huh...?! Hoe kan ik\nverliezen? Ach, maakt ook\lniks uit!\p\v\h01! Ik word de beste Pokémon\nTrainer ooit! De volgende keer\pwin ik!\l...\lUhm, ik zal je Pokémon\nmaar even genezen.\pNou \v\h01, ik zie je later!

#org $mazzel
    $mazzel 1 ; #binary 0x1D 0x20 0x20 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0xFE

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
    Years
    Anyone know how to make the overworld appear and battle you and then dissaper? I mean, something
    like Oak's script in FireRed, that he doesnt appear in the map, it appears when you go to the
    tall grass, how do i do that?
    Thanks ^^

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Anyone know how to make the overworld appear and battle you and then dissaper? I mean, something
    like Oak's script in FireRed, that he doesnt appear in the map, it appears when you go to the
    tall grass, how do i do that?
    Thanks ^^

I think first you need to set the OW's movement type to hidden, and create an applymovement script with a battle, then after the battle use:
    Spoiler:

to make the OW disappear, if you want a script, give more info.

~C3LEBI

derv1205

Years
    I think first you need to set the OW's movement type to hidden, and create an applymovement script with a battle, then after the battle use:
    Spoiler:

to make the OW disappear, if you want a script, give more info.

~C3LEBI

Uhm, i know how to make it dissapear from the map but, not how to make it appear,
    i mean, i insert the OW with AM and it appears there, what i want to do is that for
    example, the OW is next to a tree but it only appears when you step on an script event.
    So, i dont know how to dissappear it from the map until you step on that S
    And, i didnt understand the first part, in FR moves i didnt see something that says Hide
    or something like that =S please, can you show a script or something ^^

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
    I've got a question again.

But before i ask I give you a example :
    I opened PokeTronic 0.7, created and burned a WildBattle Script (Suicune Lv.70).
    I tested it --> everything ok.
    I done the same with a second Wildbattle Script (Celebi Lv.30).
    I tested it again --> everthing was ok.
    Then I burned a third Wild Battle Script (Ekans Evolution on L.35)
    I tested it --> Mays Overworld Sprite became black hair (the pixels that I edited in Overworld Editor-RE were converted from brown to black).

Is this true that PokeTronic screws up your rom or not?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Uhm, i know how to make it dissapear from the map but, not how to make it appear,
    i mean, i insert the OW with AM and it appears there, what i want to do is that for
    example, the OW is next to a tree but it only appears when you step on an script event.
    So, i dont know how to dissappear it from the map until you step on that S
    And, i didnt understand the first part, in FR moves i didnt see something that says Hide
    or something like that =S please, can you show a script or something ^^

Ok on A-Map goto "movement Type for the person OW. Look for the SECOND Hidden command.(yes there is two)

Elite 4 Sam

Steel Type User
    Years
    i cant do that because they closed that thread. so can someone please tell me where to get Pokemon Advance? because my SCRIPTS(shinypkmnfan13!) dont have the compile option.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Well, it does what i want, but... when the applymovement activates, it doesnt appear...
    ¿? =S what should i do?
    Ok look at my scripting tutorial, and look at the movement commands. There is a command that allows someone to appear.

i cant do that because they closed that thread. so can someone please tell me where to get Pokemon Advance? because my SCRIPTS(shinypkmnfan13!) dont have the compile option.
    Take a look at my tutorial. It explains step-by-step how to compile a script:D

derv1205

Years
    Ok look at my scripting tutorial, and look at the movement commands. There is a command that allows someone to appear.

Take a look at my tutorial. It explains step-by-step how to compile a script:D
    I look at it, i but i just saw that command for Ruby and not for FR, I check that
    in your tutorial...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back