• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
    To be safe i would start using flags from 4000. I dont think anything important would be there would it?

link

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
    @RTW: Theres a couple in the Documents and tutorials sub forum, and that question should be in the Simple Question Thread.

(Sorry if this is in thw wrong place) I'm new at scripting, and was wondering how to add some movement to this script, and make it so they don't face the player until after Hmmmm?
    Spoiler:

Thank you for help in advanced.

Last edited:

pokemon_hacking

blah_maker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2012
    can somone help me can somone tell me how to make a level script like for warping and the script doesnt end after the warp thanks in advanced

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    can somone help me can somone tell me how to make a level script like for warping and the script doesnt end after the warp thanks in advanced

Ok take a look at the Wally script in Ruby/Sapp. Yo warp out of your dads gym and you still move over to catch Ralts.

And after you warp the script will continue untill it reaches the end command. And to make a level script go check coolys tutorial on level scripts.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    Nice new topic...:)

I need help with a script tile in A-Map I want it to act like this:
    you can walk over it --->--->
    but you cant go back !<---

If someone understands please help..XD

All you need to do on advance map is go to movement permissions and put a 1 over the tile.
    the tile that you use has to be the same kind of tile that lets you do it in the real games you know the ledges but it only lets you jump a few ways

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    I NEED HELP WITH THIS SCRIPT WHEN I USE IT THE PERSON REPEATS Hi, are you going to fight Archie?

#ORG $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $yesno
    boxset 5
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if B_true goto $yes
    message $no
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#ORG $yes
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x201
    boxset 6
    giveitem 0x155 1
    setflag 0x201
    release
    end

#ORG $yesno
    $yesno 1 =Hi,\nare you going to fight Archie?

#ORG $no
    $no 1 =Well you won't need it then!

#ORG $cool
    $cool 1 = Take this then!

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Does anyone know how to make a script in emerald where you wake up in your bed and say something?

You will need -Hackmews- Start Map Chooser advance and imput the coordinates of teh bed you want to palyer to wake up in. Then you will need to make a level script for which the player to say what you want him to say, go check coolys tutorial on level scripts fro help on that.

and welcome to the Script Help Thread, we help with, tweak and give pointers on scripts, also we do not make them by request. We hope you enjoy your stay!

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
    You will need -Hackmews- Start Map Chooser advance and imput the coordinates of teh bed you want to palyer to wake up in. Then you will need to make a level script for which the player to say what you want him to say, go check coolys tutorial on level scripts fro help on that.

and welcome to the Script Help Thread, we help with, tweak and give pointers on scripts, also we do not make them by request. We hope you enjoy your stay!

RoxMed is my brother, and I need the answer to the same question. Where do you find Cooleys tutorial? can you give me a link? I looked in the whole documents and tutorials section.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    RoxMed is my brother, and I need the answer to the same question. Where do you find Cooleys tutorial? can you give me a link? I looked in the whole documents and tutorials section.

Apperently not hard enough, its the Secret of theMove Camera Script(and extras) thread, the "extras" are level scripts.

Apperently not hard enough, its the Secret of theMove Camera Script(and extras) thread, the "extras" are level scripts.

But the Hackmews tool only needs to be used if you are HAcking R/S/E, if you are hacking FR/LG then i dont know what to do.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015

But the Hackmews tool only needs to be used if you are HAcking R/S/E, if you are hacking FR/LG then i dont know what to do.

Years
    Hi,everyone~I just got confused about a pop up thing.
    When I wanted to burn this short script:
    Code:
    #org $1
    checkflag 0x201
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if b_ture goto $4
    applymovement 0x01 $2
    pausemove 0
    message $3
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x201
    release
    end
    #org $2
    #raw 0x62 0x52 0xFE
    #org $3
    $3 1 = Mom:Hi,you are wake!\nIt seems that Ash is on a battle now...\pWant to see?
    #org $4
    release
    end
    It poped up this box:
    [Archive] Script help thread

and asked me to write the offset.
    I don't think it's all right,and I don't know what should I write into this box...
    Help please.

pokemon_hacking

blah_maker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2012
    Hi,everyone~I just got confused about a pop up thing.
    When I wanted to burn this short script:
    Code:
    #org $1
    checkflag 0x201
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if b_[COLOR=red]true[/COLOR] goto $4
    applymovement 0x01 $2
    pausemove 0
    message $3
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x201
    release
    end
    #org $2
    #raw 0x62 0x52 0xFE
    #org $3
    $3 1 = Mom:Hi,you are wake!\nIt seems that Ash is on a battle now...\pWant to see?
    #org $4
    release
    end
    you spelled true wrong it is coloured in red

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    here...
    Code:
    #org $1
    checkflag 0x201
    if b_ture goto $4
    applymovement 0x01 $2
    pausemove 0
    message $3
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x201
    release
    end

#org $2
    $2 1 ; #binary 0x62 0x52 0xFE

#org $3
    $3 1 = Mom: Hi,you are awake!\nIt seems that Ash is on a battle now...\pWant to see?

#org $4
    release
    end

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    you also dont need a release if you dont use lock(waste of bytes) and you still spelled "true" wrong :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back