• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutOfOrder

Saving you from yourself...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2008
    Well as it seems that no one is answering my questions for the past week or so... i am assuming no one knows the answer... : /

here is a different question then...

1) How do you make a Trainer Battle Script on XSE for Emerald Version? The one in the guides are for Ruby. When I try to have a wild battle using that script, all it says is the cry of the pokemon.. no battle. So i need to have a wild battle script for EMERALD.

2) How do you make a trainer battle script on EMERALD? I haven't seen any of these scripts in any tutorials anywhere so I am just beginning to think that there are no scripts for it... : / but if there are then please tell me.

Thank you!

:)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Ok now i got

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    checkflag 0x82F
    if 0x1 goto @done
    applymovement 0x1 @move1
    waitmovement 0
    message @text
    boxset 0x6
    special 0x171
    applymovement 0x1 @move2
    waitmovement 0
    setflag 0x82F
    release
    end

#org @done
    release
    end

#org @move1
    #raw 62 20 20 1E FE

#org @move2
    #raw 0C 0E 0E FE

#org @text
    = Blah!

But when i go on it it still freezes
    And i used special 0x171 for the running shoes

First off, you might want a lock command for this script,
    Second, once you put a #raw command, XSE reads the line in hex, so you can put the movement 0x20 as just 20.

third, to make the script work, in advance map, place the "Script" event in the square you want, then change the first "Unknown" box from "0000" to "0300"
    then the box below it, "Var Number",cahnge it from "0000" to "5040" then it should work.

The parts I edited in your script are in bold.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Your supposed to change it to 0030, not 0003 xD

Edit: Actually I'm sure his script should look like this:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    checkflag 0x82F
    [B]if b_true[/B] goto @done
    applymovement 0x1 @move1
    waitmovement 0
    message @text
    boxset 0x6
    special 0x171
    applymovement 0x1 @move2
    waitmovement 0
    setflag 0x82F
    release
    end

#org @done
    release
    end

#org @move1
    #raw [B]0x62 0x20 0x20 0x1E 0xFE[/B]

#org @move2
    #raw [B]0x0C 0x0E 0x0E 0xFE[/B]

#org @text
    = Blah!

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    thanx i'll try it like that...................................................................
    there's a few problems. right before the battle,

he says weakling.

this is my new script now:
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x1C5A03
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x828
    if B_true goto @done
    msgbox @notime
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end
    #org @done
    msgbox @battle [B]' This is the message that appeares right before the battle command.[/B]
    callstd 0x6
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x15f 0x15 @before @after '[B] @before: message before the battle, @ after: message after battle[/B]
    msgbox @beaten [B]' Message if you talk to the trainer again[/B]
    boxset 0x6
    applymovement 0x1 @move
    hidesprite 0x1
    release
    end
    #ORG @move
    #raw 0x62 0x30 0x20 0x20 0x20 0x20 0x20 0x20 0x20 0x20 0xFE
    #org @before
    = Do you have a\nproblem?\pLets fight!
    #org @after
    = Weakling.
    #org @notime
    = I don't have\ntime for you.

#org @battle
    = Weakling.
    #org @beaten
    = Dang, your strong!

Well, the problem is actually the message at the pointer. I added explanations which pointer leads to which message, and when it appeares. Just adjust your messages to it and it'll be fine.
    There's actually no need for the message @battle, since after this box there's automatically the box at the offset @before.
    So write the text from @battle to @before.
    And correct the text, it would say "weakling" before the battle if the message with the pointer to "weakling" is before the battle command, or at "before".
    When do u want to make the trainer say "weakling"?

Well as it seems that no one is answering my questions for the past week or so... i am assuming no one knows the answer... : /

here is a different question then...

1) How do you make a Trainer Battle Script on XSE for Emerald Version? The one in the guides are for Ruby. When I try to have a wild battle using that script, all it says is the cry of the pokemon.. no battle. So i need to have a wild battle script for EMERALD.

2) How do you make a trainer battle script on EMERALD? I haven't seen any of these scripts in any tutorials anywhere so I am just beginning to think that there are no scripts for it... : / but if there are then please tell me.

Thank you!

:)

I don't think there's a difference in scripting commands between FR/LG and R/S/E
    Just make a wildbattle like this:

startwildbattle [pokemon number] [pokemon level] [item held] [filler] [filler]

and the trainerbattle is
    trainerbattle 0x0 (or 0x1) 0x00 0x00 [<--these two bytes are the reversed trainer number] and then two pointers if u used trainerbattle 0x0, and three if u used 0x1.
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x00 0x00 @before @after
    message @beaten
    end

trainerbattle 0x1 0x00 0x00 @before @after @later
    end

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    I don't think so, I've never heard anything about something like takepokemon or what it would be like xD
    U could let somebody steal the pokedex, but I doubt it's possible with pokemon.

Trodx

That Guy Behind You
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    does any one know why my script keeps giving me an error message when I try to compile it?

ckk

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2009
    First off, you might want a lock command for this script,
    Second, once you put a #raw command, XSE reads the line in hex, so you can put the movement 0x20 as just 20.

third, to make the script work, in advance map, place the "Script" event in the square you want, then change the first "Unknown" box from "0000" to "0300"
    then the box below it, "Var Number",cahnge it from "0000" to "5040" then it should work.

The parts I edited in your script are in bold.

Thank you very much
    I've been dyin to get it to work and now works!

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Well, the problem is actually the message at the pointer. I added explanations which pointer leads to which message, and when it appeares. Just adjust your messages to it and it'll be fine.
    There's actually no need for the message @battle, since after this box there's automatically the box at the offset @before.
    So write the text from @battle to @before.
    And correct the text, it would say "weakling" before the battle if the message with the pointer to "weakling" is before the battle command, or at "before".
    When do u want to make the trainer say "weakling"?

i want it to say that if you lose. thnx for help.

Trodx

That Guy Behind You
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    Thanks alot adikus, It was a stupid mistake on my part...
    Sorry for bothering you guys

Years
    hey I got one quick question.... when I look at thethethethe's tut for scripting, I see the color scripts /c but how do you make only one part color? where is the end tag?

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    \c\h01\h05 would mean orange, for example
    so
    \c\h01\h05This text would appeare orange,\c\h01\h02but this would be black again ^^
    so just use another colour code before the text u want to have another colour. If you want to make one world in another colour
    use the code, the word, then the code for black
    \c\h01\h02Just \c\h01\h04like \c\h01\h02this ^^

Trodx

That Guy Behind You
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x165A6B
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox 0x826D398 '"The path ahead is very dangerous."
    callstd 0x6
    checkflag 0x827
    if b_true goto 0x826D35D
    msgbox 0x826D49E '"I can see it in your eyes.\nYou wou..."
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x26D35D
    msgbox 0x826D3BB '"Is that the badge of Lance\n the dr..."
    callstd 0x6
    applymovement 0x2 0x826D49A
    pause 0x0
    release
    end

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x26D49A
    #raw 11 'Step Up (Normal)
    #raw 12 'Step Left (Normal)
    #raw FE 'End of Movements

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x26D398
    = The path ahead is very dangerous.

#org 0x26D49E
    = I can see it in your eyes.\nYou wouldn't last a few minutes\l out there. I can't let you pass.

#org 0x26D3BB
    = Is that the badge of Lance\n the dragon master?\lIf you have earned his respect,\lyou are certainly strong enough\l to pass.

The script has no errors but the sprite that I put it on will not show up during game play until the hero walks past it and turns.
    I think it might have to do with some of those variables in Amap like unknown and person Id.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2019
    Excuse me but, is there an item ID for the National Dex. My Hack is like FireRed but new areas and Pokemon. And the starters are from Johto and Hoenn. I need Oak to give you the National Dex after you give him the Parcel, and not a regular dex.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    The script has no errors but the sprite that I put it on will not show up during game play until the hero walks past it and turns.
    I think it might have to do with some of those variables in Amap like unknown and person Id.

Make sure the person event number is not duplicated in that map, and if you don't want that person to disappear, put 0000 as person ID. If you want him to disappear, put in the flag and make sure the flag is previously unused. If nothing works, try deleting that person and readding him again.

Excuse me but, is there an item ID for the National Dex. My Hack is like FireRed but new areas and Pokemon. And the starters are from Johto and Hoenn. I need Oak to give you the National Dex after you give him the Parcel, and not a regular dex.

After setting the dex flag, add special 0x16F to make it a National Dex.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back