• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Not to sound like a noob, but I've been using pokescript for a long time, and never really learned how to decompile scripts with XSE, can you please tell me how :nervous:?

In A-Map = Settings -> Choose script editor, then choose XSE.exe, and after that select the script tile/lvl script/person event/whatever, and click Open Script

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Oh~~I think it's the time to ask a question:how to use the wildbattle command in XSE?I don't think it's the same as pokescript...
    Code:
    trainerbattle 0x[kindOfBattle] 0x[trainerNumber] 0x0 [textBefore] [textAfter]
    There you go :)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • The following script (Emerald) is supposed to force the player back if the player does not have the Hoenn PokéDex, and it should give the player the National PokéDex if he/she already has the Hoenn PokéDex.

In Advance-Map, the script takes the form of a script tile.

Spoiler:

The script works well when I don't have the Hoenn PokéDex (I freeze, message box appears, I walk back). However, when I already have the Hoenn PokéDex, I can walk straight through as though there were no script tile there (i.e. no message box, no National PokéDex). Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks.

I think it's because, if you have a pokedex, it thinks you have a pokemon as well

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • The following script (Emerald) is supposed to force the player back if the player does not have the Hoenn PokéDex, and it should give the player the National PokéDex if he/she already has the Hoenn PokéDex.

Spoiler:

The script works well when I don't have the Hoenn PokéDex (I freeze, message box appears, I walk back). However, when I already have the Hoenn PokéDex, I can walk straight through as though there were no script tile there (i.e. no message box, no National PokéDex). Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks.
    It was checking to see if you DIDN'T have the national dex, but now it should work. That's if the flag's correct, which I didn't check.

Years

Spoiler:

Thanks.

You're just wasting space with the national check pointer... Try this:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2009
    (Um...I'm kind of new here, so I don't know if this is necroposting...)

I need help making a Dakrai script. It's a simple battle script with text.

Also, I'm having trouble with movement scripts, and animation scripts.

Help?

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2012
    I put this script in using PokeSav 1.52 and my ROM died. Is there something wrong with it?
    Spoiler:
    And yes, I tested the ROM before and it worked.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I put this script in using PokeSav 1.52 and my ROM died. Is there something wrong with it?
    Spoiler:

Well...um...im just throwing this out there, but....looking at the size of that thing, it either the ROM doesnt have enough space for it or...you need to put the movement commands down at the bottom and use a call command. Of course that could just be my eyes fooling me. But try XSE and find an offset with PLENTY of space and complie it again.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2012
    Uh, I searched for an offset with 9000000 bytes. :nervous:

So, why did it make my ROM not turn on? Like, white screen?

Years
  • I put this script in using PokeSav 1.52 and my ROM died. Is there something wrong with it?
    Spoiler:

Jeez, if you wanna find your mistake in that, well, happy searching... You should really line up the commands better, no wonder the ROM died... Also, try using a bit less movement commands in one scripts, that's just way too much....

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Spoiler:

This is a simple script I did, but the checkitem and removeitem commands don't work.
    Any problem?

Thank you

Years
  • Spoiler:

This is a simple script I did, but the checkitem and removeitem commands don't work.
    Any problem?

Thank you

I haven't done any checkitem/removeitem scripts yet, so I don't have experience with them.But, you could compare it to thethethethe's sample script and see whats missing.
    Spoiler:

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Thanks for the reply T. But I figured it out just NOW :P It always happens to me. Anyways, thanks again.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Wait, there's a removeitem command?
    Is there a removepokemon command then?

Removeitem = Yes
    RemovePokemon = Not sure, i think there is, because i think i have seen it done before. Search through the command list in XSE and see.

Years
  • With no answer,so I ask it again:
    Oh~~I think it's the time to ask a question:how to use the wildbattle command in XSE?I don't think it's the same as pokescript...

@FrosslassSorbet:I guess there isn't enough space for GBA RAM to load such a big thing...Maybe you could separate these commands into some parts.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Wildbattle [wildPokemon number in hex] [level] [item]

That's all there is to it. Just type in any command in the main box in XSE and press F1. It'll tell you what you need to put and stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back