• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Code:
    #dynamic 0x71A50C

#org @cave
    applymovement 0xFF @move
    waitmovement 0x0
    message @dont
    boxset 6
    [B]release[/B]
    end

#org @dont
    = c\h01\h08I had better get a Pokemon \nbefore I go in there.

#org @move
    #raw 0x08
    #raw 0xFE
    Code:
    Settings:
    Script
    No. 0
    Marked as active sprite
    Pos (14, 7)
    Unknown [B]0300[/B]
    Var Number [B]4050[/B]
    Var Value 0000
    Unknown 00 00
    Script offset: $71A576
    So I can find out what I'm doing wrong. xD

The script doesn't seem to have many flaws.(Changes in bold)
    And also, please tell us the problem.

If the script doesn't compile, use a different offset.
    If the script doesn't work properly, use the changes in bold.
    If it still doesn't work, tell us what the problem is.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hi everyone.
    Since my question is related to scripting, I do think this is the right place to ask...

In PokéScript, there is a command called showmapname...
    What is that command in XSE?

Thanks~

Shadowlink77

WOW - LETHON - GANKEDD/ERASEDD
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I have AdvanceMap 1.92 and Im using

Unknown 0300
    VarNUMBER 5040
    VarValue 0000

and it works fine....?

BTW

I was wondering if there was any way via scripting/or something else that i could make the char warp into a new map WITHOUT going through a door/ladder/hole/cave/etc,etc.

Any Help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Hi everyone.
    Since my question is related to scripting, I do think this is the right place to ask...

In PokéScript, there is a command called showmapname...
    What is that command in XSE?

Thanks~

Never heard of anything like that, actually. How is it defined in the database?

Years
  • pokedex

i need help with a beginning its like the original Pokemon where u go to veridian and get the parcel im using rpg maker xp what else =]

Ive got the item but i need the script to make it so without the parcel he wotn say anything about it

Years
  • i need help with a beginning its like the original Pokemon where u go to veridian and get the parcel im using rpg maker xp what else =]

Ive got the item but i need the script to make it so without the parcel he wotn say anything about it
    I have no idea what you are saying...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    i need help with a beginning its like the original Pokemon where u go to veridian and get the parcel im using rpg maker xp what else =]

Not only do I have no idea what you are saying, but I have to say that this is the forum for hacking. Not rpg maker xp or whatever you are using.

AaronB

Noob Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    Hi, i need help with some things, im new to scripting.

ok,
    1. i want an event but i need flags, i know how this works but there is a problem, i don't know what flags are safe and which aren't can i have a list please?

2. Can you make a new mart from scratch? If so how (i mean what you can buy in it and the price etc, not the room and not editing old ones)

3. I used pokecenter script from another town and put it in a new one i made, and it crashes... ?

Thank you =D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    1. Guessing is a good option. (0x200-0x2F9, 0x1000-0x10F9 are good ones I believe)

2. Yes, take a gander at thethethethe's scripting tutorial. I believe that there's a program or two to edit item prices.

3. I dunno, I haven't done that yet, although I believe there's a special that runs the animation for you.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    3. I used pokecenter script from another town and put it in a new one i made, and it crashes... ?

Use a specific special, it's special 0x0 for the healing animation/action. Refer to any Pokescript tutorial for more information.

AaronB

Noob Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    ok ty u 2, just wondering u said (Vrai) that Fx200 - Fx2F9 are safe, but how do the letters work? Does it go 20A, 20B, 20C then when it gets to Z it starts again at 2AA, 2AB etc?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    ok ty u 2, just wondering u said (Vrai) that Fx200 - Fx2F9 are safe, but how do the letters work? Does it go 20A, 20B, 20C then when it gets to Z it starts again at 2AA, 2AB etc?

Uh, no. It's actually hexadecimal; it goes from 200 to 201 to 202 ... 208 209 20A 20B 20C 20D 20E 20F and then 211 212 213 etc.

Basically, instead of 1-10, it goes from 1-F.

Also, be sure you don't type Fx200, it's 0x200.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • Can I have help?

Spoiler:

Thanks!
    PS: It's a level script.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back