• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hey people~
Can someone point me to a tutorial for inserting new abilities for Pokemon? I don't want to replace any already existing abilities, I want to add new ones. Thanks~

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
I watched Fuzzyketchuptuts video on hacking the title screen from his youtube show hack with me and I followed the directions but when I get the the title screen it is just completely black. I dont know what I did wrong. Ive done it twelve time step by step and it never works. Can anyone help?

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Hey. I'm about to insert some HGSS sprites onto my FireRed ROM using Wichu's Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor, so I just wanted to ask…

If I change the palettes of a certain Pokémon (say Bulbasaur), will another palette in-game be affected? Do every Pokémon use a different sprite palette, or are there only a select pool of palettes to choose from? :|

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Hey. I'm about to insert some HGSS sprites onto my FireRed ROM using Wichu's Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor, so I just wanted to ask…

If I change the palettes of a certain Pokémon (say Bulbasaur), will another palette in-game be affected? Do every Pokémon use a different sprite palette, or are there only a select pool of palettes to choose from? :|

Each Pokemon sprite has their own individual palette, it's just the overworlds and tiles that have a select pool of available palettes.

Gigabyyyte

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Hey, thanks for that. :) Umm, do the trainers have their own palettes too?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I watched Fuzzyketchuptuts video on hacking the title screen from his youtube show hack with me and I followed the directions but when I get the the title screen it is just completely black. I dont know what I did wrong. Ive done it twelve time step by step and it never works. Can anyone help?

Are you hacking fire red or ruby?

Hey, thanks for that. :) Umm, do the trainers have their own palettes too?

Yeah, the trainer pictures have their own palettes too. It's just their overworlds that don't.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
I was wondering how to go about editing Oak's introductions in the beginning of the game. No, not his sprite, but what he says.

Also the stuff before that with the white paper-ish thing on the blue background with the Pikachu.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years

Made sure the offset ended in 0,4,8, or C? Also Lz-77 compressed?

Hey people~
Can someone point me to a tutorial for inserting new abilities for Pokemon? I don't want to replace any already existing abilities, I want to add new ones. Thanks~

ASM, and repointing the effect table, and name table.

I was wondering how to go about editing Oak's introductions in the beginning of the game. No, not his sprite, but what he says.

Also the stuff before that with the white paper-ish thing on the blue background with the Pikachu.

A-text. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf0a7pwm5fiulyl/AdvanceText.zip

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
...Excuse me? That doesn't help whatsoever. I don't know where any of that is or how to edit it.
That's why I asked for a tutorial because I can not find one :/

There is none, and I have no knowledge of the effect table, but the name table's offset is in PGE's ini file. There is no tutorial either. Jambo51 did it, but he quit, so gl getting info.

Years
There is only 2 tables related to abilities:
Abilities names table located at 0x08930D00
Abilities descriptions pointers tables at 0x0824FC40
Each abilities has its own "checkpoint"(s), that's why you will not find a tutorial for adding abilities any soon. Since almost every single new ability requires a unique ASM code. That's why it is not easy to make some tutorial for it...

Gigabyyyte

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Um, sorry to interrupt. Got another question here.

Do Red and Leaf's backsprites have their own palettes too? Just making sure. :)

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
I've been looking for d/p icons to edit on advance Pokémon icon editor 32x64 icons. Can anyone send me a link to icons or a thread with them?

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
When trying to apply a patch to my hack, I get an error message. If I still patch it using NUPS or LIPS, pallet town gets messed up. Any ideas how to fix it?

(It is based on the right rom version, and has the original size)

Last edited:

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Originally posted by Gigabyyyte

Do Red and Leaf's
backsprites have their own palettes too? Just making sure.

Yes, red and leaf's backsprite do in fact have their own palettes.

When trying to apply a patch to my hack, I get an error message. If I still patch it using NUPS or LIPS, pallet town gets messed up. Any ideas how to fix it?

You try to fix it by editing/redoing pallet town in advanced map after the patch.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
I've been looking for d/p icons to edit on advance Pokémon icon editor 32x64 icons. Can anyone send me a link to icons or a thread with them?

I have a .rar file. Use Winrar to open it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8d64101mev1vo5/Icons.rar

Do Red and Leaf's backsprites have their own palettes too? Just making sure. :)

Yes, everything other than NPCs (OWs) have their own palettes.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
...Excuse me? That doesn't help whatsoever. I don't know where any of that is or how to edit it.
That's why I asked for a tutorial because I can not find one :/

When he says it requires ASM, your first thought should be: "hey let's learn ASM", not "Hell no, someone tell me how". It really isn't that hard; it is mostly logic. The hardest part is the syntax, but there are plenty of pdf's provided by ARM itself on that subject. I keep one on my desktop at all times because you can't remember everything.

As kurapika said, each ability has a unique ASM routine supporting it. So, in order to add more, you need to write some ASM. Never a better time to learn than when it has a purpose!

-------
/me wants to write an ASM editor with autofill and color coding someday... That'd be sick:p

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years

There are other ways to do this, but the best and easiest way is to use advance text. This goes for both the words with the pikachu in the beginning and the intro(professor oak's words)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back