• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Thanks. I had the roms bunch up so I edited the one that I wasn't playing. It worked but I noticed the changed affected all the pokemon and not just mine. I guess I can work with that though.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hello, I have a question.
So I was looking at the page for the 649 patch LB (its a closed thread), and I can't get the std.rbh. It seems the URL is wrong? Or is there no std.rbh there?
A bit of help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You don't need it. I talked to Jambo and he said he didn't change it.

Also, the patch is currently in open beta testing on GitHub with all of it's resources. There is a link in my sig to take you to an information thread on PHO.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
Hello I am using NSE 1.7.5.0 (Nameless Sprite Editor) to replace Brendan's sprites with the Rival's from FireRed and LeafGreen for Pokemon Emerald and I've enountered two probelms.

Firstly I cannot import the bitmap images of the sprites I've made because they aren't "16 bit" even though they only use 16 colors. Anyone know how to save it so that it is 16 bit? I've edit the pallet to match the rival's sprite colors already and I don't want to change the pallet back to Brendan's pallet because it would look sloppy.

Since I couldn't import the bitmap images I've created and I've had to recreate the sprites from scratch including the pallets. When I try to save the .nsl file, I get this error:
oIaNoId.png

Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to lose my progress.

I only need a solution to one of these problems, but it would be helpful if I could get an answer to both.

Last edited:
Years
Hello! I have a problem with samples extracted from gba2mid..
Well I specifically would like to insert this song:

But when gba2mid exports samples, there are two samples which doesn't works (they do not sound), and therefore they can't be inserted in sappy... My doubt is about... Yes, I know i could use another instruments from my hackrom (I hack Fire Red from Usa), but they will not sound like original instruments from the original rom... Could it be possible to extract the unextractable instruments by another way? :D

Thank you all!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hello I am using NSE 1.7.5.0 (Nameless Sprite Editor) to replace Brendan's sprites with the Rival's from FireRed and LeafGreen for Pokemon Emerald and I've enountered two probelms.

Firstly I cannot import the bitmap images of the sprites I've made because they aren't "16 bit" even though they only use 16 colors. Anyone know how to save it so that it is 16 bit? I've edit the pallet to match the rival's sprite colors already and I don't want to change the pallet back to Brendan's pallet because it would look sloppy.

Since I couldn't import the bitmap images I've created and I've had to recreate the sprites from scratch including the pallets. When I try to save the .nsl file, I get this error:
oIaNoId.png

Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to lose my progress.

I only need a solution to one of these problems, but it would be helpful if I could get an answer to both.

I don't know why you did all of that. But I suggest you open NSE then open rom (FR/LG)
Export Sprite library. That would have been easier. But the palettes will get screwed though.
Once you import them to the R/S/E the palette will get screwy : ( That's the sad part there.
You can also import png images in the right size but must be indexed. You can use JPAN's
engine to avoid the screwy palette, if you want. Good luck on the rest.

Last edited:
Years
You'd have to change the start map for the player to wherever you want to start at in one island and then probably rewrite the script for the ferry so it takes you where you want.

How would I do this? I can't script worth crap and don't know how to select a starting place ;-;

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
I don't know why you did all of that. But I suggest you open NSE then open rom (FR/LG)
Export Sprite library. That would have been easier. But the palettes will get screwed though.
Once you import them to the FR/LG the palette will get screwy : ( That's the sad part there.
You can also import png images in the right size but must be indexed. You can use JPAN's
engine to avoid the screwy palette, if you want. Good luck on the rest.
Oh wow I didn't know that you could import PNGs, I thought it was limited to bitmaps >.> I have a Paint.net plugin that lets me save PNGs as a 16-bit image so that helps a lot. Thanks for the help.

It still seems that whenever I edit a .nsl file I get that error however...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Hello again so i am toying with map making and i got an idea however i need some help cause i can't find what i need i remembered that in red and blue there was a gym with an invisible walkway (used to reach a gym leader don't remember which one) i would like to create one of these can someone tell me how?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
You don't need it. I talked to Jambo and he said he didn't change it.

Also, the patch is currently in open beta testing on GitHub with all of it's resources. There is a link in my sig to take you to an information thread on PHO.

Oh okay, thanks a lot. :) I'll check that link out.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hello again so i am toying with map making and i got an idea however i need some help cause i can't find what i need i remembered that in red and blue there was a gym with an invisible walkway (used to reach a gym leader don't remember which one) i would like to create one of these can someone tell me how?

Just edit the movement permissions in the movement tab in A-map.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
ok so where do i find a good tutorial since im using the on on this site and dont see anything about what you were referring to

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
In my game, the last slot of Box 2 is a bad egg. Even at the start of the game when you look at the PC the last slot of box 2 is a bad egg. What is going on? Is it fixable? Can I just ignore it?

KarateKid, I know there is no way for you to know the exact cause of my problem, but do you know if A bad egg in one box will affect any other slots/boxes?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
ok so where do i find a good tutorial since im using the on on this site and dont see anything about what you were referring to

Um. I think you should go to the tutorial section or know what you want to know by
experience mapping with A-map yourself.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

I already gave you a good mapping tutorial... -,-

Movement-1.png
Movement

Known in Advance Map as "Movement Permissions" this is what is going to tell the game when and where players can or cannot move. This is easily editable through the movement permission tab.

Some of the basic movement types are:

§ C : Able to move through
§ 1 : Unable to move through
§ 4 : Surf required (Water)
§ D : Jump or one way movement (Small Hill)
§ 10 : Can only be entered or left by going through 0 (Change in elevation)
§ 0: Stairs and Default

Example:

Movementex2.png
Movementex1.png

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Does anyone know the offset of the background of Fire Red's titlescreen.
The tutorial I follows made the background not change.
193f442a5e1efe5e1ae13cad37858b6e_500.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
Can I ask if hasn't already how can I hack my rom of ruby so I can fit more than 16 items in the secret base? I looked around online everywhere else and found nothing.

Also now I changed the secret base in ruby and when I go in the base I modded in Advance Map I can't leave did I do something wrong?

Last edited:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Can I ask if hasn't already how can I hack my rom of ruby so I can fit more than 16 items in the secret base? I looked around online everywhere else and found nothing.

Also now I changed the secret base in ruby and when I go in the base I modded in Advance Map I can't leave did I do something wrong?

For the number of items in your secret base, I think ASM might be able to increase that, but I wouldn't know.
As for not being able to leave. If you altered the warp to the secret base, then that could explain it. Try making sure that the warp is set correctly and leads to where its supposed to(or where you want it to).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back