• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    -Yes, to insert pokemon, use UNLZ gba.
    -To edit the moves, use patted (only works for R/S, but one is coming out -for FR/LG i'm pretty sure)
    -Then, put them in the grass using advance map.

I'm talking about the Pokedex data. Stuff like the description, number, weight, height etc.

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
    Years
  • I'm talking about the Pokedex data. Stuff like the description, number, weight, height etc.
    Well, i think is with A-Text, just put SEARCH and then put ??????, there will
    appear a lot of them (25 i think)...They are in order i think..
    look, i had never done that, but i think is like that, because to modify the
    Dex data is with A-Text ^^

EDIT: Dexter cant change the "?????"

Can anyone answer my question please: The flag for the National Dex in Ruby?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Well, i think is with A-Text, just put SEARCH and then put ??????, there will
    appear a lot of them (25 i think)...They are in order i think..
    look, i had never done that, but i think is like that, because to modify the
    Dex data is with A-Text ^^

EDIT: Dexter cant change the "?????"

Can anyone answer my question please: The flag for the National Dex in Ruby?

This is what I get after catching the new pokemon. (it's not a sentret)
    5zptfp.png

So it obviously needs to be repointed.

special 0x1F3 is for the national dex in emerald so that might work.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    kebbles said:
    What number in unLZ is the trainers back pic?
    For Fire Red.​

They should be located around 0xE69FFC in TLP or Tile Molester

pokemon time said:
    my visual boy advance aint responding why not

Try downloading it again, if it continues to not work then try using the No$GBA.

dshayabusa said:
    How do you edit the Pokedex Data of the ??? pokemon after Celebi?

You would probably have to edit that in hex or A-Text.

dshayabusa said:
    This is what I get after catching the new pokemon. (it's not a sentret)
    5zptfp.png

So it obviously needs to be repointed.

special 0x1F3 is for the national dex in emerald so that might work.

You can always disable or not have the National Dex for the new Pokemon, so it doesn't show like that. But from here it appears to be an image of a wild Sentret you have not caught.

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • I'm trying to get a different tileset into the rom with Advance Map but it says I need a palette file (*.pal), any idea how I can create a palette out of that tileset?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I'm trying to get a different tileset into the rom with Advance Map but it says I need a palette file (*.pal), any idea how I can create a palette out of that tileset?

Just export the current tileset in Advance Map (Block Editor->Save TileSet) and it will save a .dib and a .pal file where you decide you save it. When replacing tiles you can only have the colours in the .pal file so if you have photoshop or similar you can simply index the .dib file and load the .pal in the colour table so you dont accidentally make a mistake.

You would probably have to edit that in hex or A-Text.
    You can always disable or not have the National Dex for the new Pokemon, so it doesn't show like that. But from here it appears to be an image of a wild Sentret you have not caught.

How do you edit in hex? Do you know the offset of the data? Also how do you disable the National Dex for those pokemon?

And one more thing, what is the offset for pokemon back sprites because rs ball dosn't have that info in its ini

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    dshayabusa said:
    How do you edit in hex? Do you know the offset of the data? Also how do you disable the National Dex for those pokemon?

And one more thing, what is the offset for pokemon back sprites because rs ball dosn't have that info in its ini

1. You need to locate the data of which you put into the ROM, that you did with a tool.

2. The data begins at 0x2547A0.

3. The backpics start at 0xD2FEA0.

Shiny Charizard

I need 15 post!!!!
    Years
  • Can somebody please help me. I made just a simple talking script, but those weird signs came out. I tried it with a give potion script and those signs came again out, but I got the potion.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Umm...you should probably have a problem in your script, Can you show the script?
    And you should have posted this in the Scrapbox.

~C3LEBI

WaterSplash

Common
    Years
  • No one has answered my question, so I'll ask again:
    WaterSplash said:
    Hi. What would be a good scripting program. I have:

Scripted: When I try to compile it says it has an empty command database. I have the rom in with DiamondCutter, Scripted and the script I want to compile. Help?

Pokescript: I have everything but it won't compile. Help?

If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

And, is there a way get the national dex and all badges without talking to anyone in game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back