• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
If you were wanting to change FireRed you would use the GoTo Function and type "3A3BB0" with the Hex option selected.

Ignore the "&H" Part, that is just for Programming. And don't worry, you're not annoying me.

ah, I see know.
thankies. :3
I'll try it then. :3

edit: another question.., how will I know what offsets to use for repointing..? :\
I mean.., how can I search for free offsets, or should I use Free Space Finder?

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
ah, I see know.
thankies. :3
I'll try it then. :3

edit: another question.., how will I know what offsets to use for repointing..? :\
I mean.., how can I search for free offsets, or should I use Free Space Finder?

Use Free Space Finder. Just Find this Value...
Code:
Height x Width / 2

Example.

Code:
Height = 32
Width = 16

Value = 32 * 16 / 2
Value = 512 / 2
Value = 256

So you would search for 256 Free Bytes.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I see...
I never used a Free Space Finder before though...
am I doing this right?
since I wanna have a 32x32 overworld... :\

rusticolus

Grass/Flying
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 19, 2023
What do you mean by the offset for Oak's Parcel? Did you mean the script where you receive Oak's Parcel from the Mart Clerk? If so, it's not trial and error it's finding a pointer within the rom. They're in hex, and they aren't too hard to find as long as you know how to look for them.
I can tell when I'm looking at a script in GBA roms, it's not too hard to pick up. It's just sometimes, a little difficult to apply that script to what's actually happening within the game.
I don't believe there is a list of offsets for the Advanced gen. I think it would take too long to write one up. Remember that's 16mb worth of data.

If that's not what you're talking about, What did you mean?

Yes that's exactly what I meant.

Or, for example… what is the offset for like… Charmander's moveset or TM list?
I'm beginning to understand how Hex works, but it still looks like a pile of unworkable numbers (and letters… =P) when I first look at it.

For example… 2900 is the pokemon Zubat… how does it know that the 29 byte isn't the command setflag? Though don't actually answer that, that's probably something I'll figure out shortly. =P
Just a thought.

EDIT: and in case I haven't said it clearly yet: thank you very much for your help. It's probably pretty easy to ignore somebody so ignorant as myself. Now that I'm beginning to understand it a bit better, your hex tutorial will likely be invaluable. Anyway… I appreciate it. I'll probably have a few more questions before I'm up on my way.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
unLZ-GBA works for Fire Red.

You could try YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor).

You can find all of the texts in the game using Advance-Text by using the search function and entering the text you would like to change.

There's a Ruby hack called Pokemon Quartz which has been completed.

You = Pwnage...

But anyways... Can i add in a move that a pokemon learns that is not part of it's normal lvl up
like for example:

Charizard at level 90 learning blast burn

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I see...
I never used a Free Space Finder before though...
am I doing this right?
since I wanna have a 32x32 overworld... :\

Yeah, that's right, now just replace the 4 Bytes I marked out with the 3 Bytes FSF gave you (Remember to flip it.) and "08".

Example.

Let's say FSF gave you the Bytes "123456", in your hex editor you would change the 4 Bytes I should you to... "56341208", get it?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Yeah, that's right, now just replace the 4 Bytes I marked out with the 3 Bytes FSF gave you (Remember to flip it.) and "08".

Example.

Let's say FSF gave you the Bytes "123456", in your hex editor you would change the 4 Bytes I should you to... "56341208", get it?

Ah.., I see now.
Thankies~ :)
I really appreciate the help. :classic:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I have a question, how do you change a textbox in FR, I want one similar to liquid ocean and rijon adventures..

I've opened it in Tile ED...I know the offset, but Don't know what I do next...

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2009
is there a way to color outside sprites in this same way or to make the exported tiles normal color?

Years
You = Pwnage...

But anyways... Can i add in a move that a pokemon learns that is not part of it's normal lvl up
like for example:

Charizard at level 90 learning blast burn

Yes, you can use YAPE for this.

How do you make a gym leader give you a badge in Pokescript?

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Yes, you can use YAPE for this.

How do you make a gym leader give you a badge in Pokescript?

its a flag you have to set

heres the list I have just add it to your script
Spoiler:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
How all it shows is the level up moves, and no add button.

Help me?

the beauty of YAPE is that if u remove a move from another pokemon it (the move) goes to a 'pool' and that move can be reused for another pokemon and it doesnt have to be the same move. As I see it remove a move from a pokemon (like a useless move u dont want it to have) and go to edit say a charizard and the add button should be highlighted..and the rest is self explanatory

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well Darthatrons Tool could edit moves regardless! How's that for beauty?

I have a question...
My cyclone never loads a "RAW" image or "TMAP" image, everytime I try to open, It doesn't say "something loaded" and the Image on the Right panel is just something. PM me if anyone has the answer, or needs details.

I will also post this again, if no one answers so...

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I don't know if I'm allowed to request a tool since I can't find it in the toolbox so can anyone plz help me get a good cyclone? I have the prototype but it won't even open. Also I've asked this before and was left dumb-founded so I'll ask again- is it possible to get rid of the Prof. Oak intro from the beginning of each new game in FR or have it replace with a sort of cutscene? Plz don't question skills becuz I have my connections. I just want to know if its possible or has been done before. If so has it been done with a tool for pokemon or a norma hex editor like hexworkshop?

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
Years
I am trying to compile a script with ScriptEd(came with EliteMap) and this message comes up

Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.

Am I missing some files? How do I fix this?

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I don't know if I'm allowed to request a tool since I can't find it in the toolbox so can anyone plz help me get a good cyclone? I have the prototype but it won't even open. Also I've asked this before and was left dumb-founded so I'll ask again- is it possible to get rid of the Prof. Oak intro from the beginning of each new game in FR or have it replace with a sort of cutscene? Plz don't question skills becuz I have my connections. I just want to know if its possible or has been done before. If so has it been done with a tool for pokemon or a norma hex editor like hexworkshop?

The Prototype is the only version available.

No, you can't remove it.

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
Okay. I need a script that gives you a level 35 Pikachu without any messages or fanfare. I also need a script so that said Pikachu cannot be put away in your computer or traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back