• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleek

Fleekinator
Years
  • 1. You can edit the images with unLZ GBA (Elite Map), the names with N-E-A, and the moves with any of the Pokémon Editors. Look for them in the Toolbox or the Tools Resource thread.

2. a) You'll need to learn scripting to do that, but if you're using FR, you could just copy the Person ID of the guy blocking the entrance to the cave where Mewtwo is.
    b) In trainer editors there are empty trainer slots. Edit one of them and make a proper trainer, and put the number of that trainer slot as the trainer ID in Advance Map.

3. Some people make their own tiles, and some use tiles made by other people that are uploaded in ROM hacking sites and can be used by anyone as long as they give credit.

4. Create a new INI file. You'll just have to search for the text you want to edit before you edit it.

5. In-battle sprites can be edited with unLZ GBA.

Okay I opened unLZ GBA, and I just get a bunch of random oddly colored from what I assume are tiles, and I try to import an image but it isn't a PNG so it doesnt work, but I did to the GFX Dump with GS Ball. Tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also, I searched for text in Fire Red, the Controls for example, named them, and tried editing them but they stayed the same on the game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    poketronic

i have poketronic and i know how to change the legendary battlesbut how do i make a new one

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Okay I opened unLZ GBA, and I just get a bunch of random oddly colored from what I assume are tiles, and I try to import an image but it isn't a PNG so it doesnt work, but I did to the GFX Dump with GS Ball. Tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also, I searched for text in Fire Red, the Controls for example, named them, and tried editing them but they stayed the same on the game.

There's a document in the Tutorial section that has the offsets of the trainers and the pokémon in unLZ GBA for Fire Red. The sprite you insert must have the same size as all the trainers, it must be indexed and in PNG format.

And for A-text, sometimes there's the same text many times, if you try to search and edit a person's dialogue, you'll see that it'll work.

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
  • I'm not gunna search 200 friggin pages I dont know if these were answered already but:

1. How do you insert tiles (like D/P) into palettes (like Firered/Leafgreen)
    2. How do you copy backsprites and overworlds and make them so you can use them?

fleek

Fleekinator
    Years
  • There's a document in the Tutorial section that has the offsets of the trainers and the pokémon in unLZ GBA for Fire Red. The sprite you insert must have the same size as all the trainers, it must be indexed and in PNG format.

And for A-text, sometimes there's the same text many times, if you try to search and edit a person's dialogue, you'll see that it'll work.

I have one more question, how do you edit an attacks' animation? For example, if I were to want to edit 'Ember', and make the animation of the attack different, how could I do it?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I am a beginning hacker and I've seen this problem in several hacks done by people, but I'm curious to know whether or not it's possible to prevent an arrow from appearing in front of the character in some glitchy areas.

fleek

Fleekinator
    Years
  • Man, I'm full of questions.
    On top of the one I made 2 posts ago, how do you make it so the ROM doesn't stop working after you beat the Elite 4? I beat the Elite 4 earlier today and now I can't play again, it really bugged me.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Three questions:
    1.- Can i transfer sprites from red/blue to Yellow? (cuz i want to change ome sprites ex: R/B alakazam to yellow, R/B Mewwo to Yellow)
    2.- Is the Pokemon´s color affected by this?
    3.- Which tool can i use for this?
    thanks in advance

fleek

Fleekinator
    Years
  • Well now I found a full INI file for Fire Red, and I'm trying to edit the script itself. I have PokeScript, and I read up on thethethethe's tutorial a few times. I then copied one of his scripts, followed the instructions, edited some of the details to my liking, and I still got nowhere. I made a new sprite in AdvanceMap, assigned the person ID, and to my dismay, when I went and pressed A on the charecter, every time, the game just froze. I have tried it with 2 Different scenarios, 'GivePokemon', as well as 'WildPokemon'

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Well now I found a full INI file for Fire Red, and I'm trying to edit the script itself. I have PokeScript, and I read up on thethethethe's tutorial a few times. I then copied one of his scripts, followed the instructions, edited some of the details to my liking, and I still got nowhere. I made a new sprite in AdvanceMap, assigned the person ID, and to my dismay, when I went and pressed A on the charecter, every time, the game just froze. I have tried it with 2 Different scenarios, 'GivePokemon', as well as 'WildPokemon'

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help?

from the sound of your problem, you have a scripting problem...
    do you mind showing us the script..?
    post it in the Script thread in the scrapbox.

Whatthehell

Pokemon Crato Creator...
    Years
  • HI CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW I CAN UPLOAD 'NEW' TILE SETS INTO A FIRE RED ROM ON ADVANCE MAP. WHEN I SAY NEW I MEAN LIKE DIAMOND AND PEARL TILE SETS.

ALSO WHERE WOULD I DOWNLOAD THESE TILE SETS FROM?

THANKS

Wth~

REPLY ASAP!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    elow. :3
    I got a question which I hope to be answered though... :\

I mapped a map which contains 34 people in that certain map.
    I arranged them according to what I desire to be seen in-game.

after those things are done, scripts are inserted, I tried it out, and some people were not there... :\
    it is very weird, since it's my first time to experience this... :\

I am using advance map 1.92, btw...

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • HI CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW I CAN UPLOAD 'NEW' TILE SETS INTO A FIRE RED ROM ON ADVANCE MAP. WHEN I SAY NEW I MEAN LIKE DIAMOND AND PEARL TILE SETS.

ALSO WHERE WOULD I DOWNLOAD THESE TILE SETS FROM?

THANKS

Wth~

REPLY ASAP!

First of all get your keyboard fixed then dont click on bold and underlined, and people will answer when they are ready not when you want them too. Also do what this thread says to do first (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION) as this has been covered before, but I will answer part of it.

Well first you need to extract the tilesets your self from a D/P game.
    Then put them into an existing FR tileset BMP. Then search this thread for how to insert it(iv posted a thing about a week ago here).

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    elow. :3
    I got a question which I hope to be answered though... :\

I mapped a map which contains 34 people in that certain map.
    I arranged them according to what I desire to be seen in-game.

after those things are done, scripts are inserted, I tried it out, and some people were not there... :\
    it is very weird, since it's my first time to experience this... :\

I am using advance map 1.92, btw...

Maybe some of the events' Person IDs were used before and are hidden.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    heres my question, is there a way to make poke dude throw a pokeball in a script like the old man..?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back