• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I have a cartridge of Pokemon Ruby and does that mean if I download the ROM I won't be doing anything illegal? Right?
    Downloading commercial ROMs is always illegal, regardless of whether you have a physical copy or not. The only legal way to get a ROM is to dump it from your own cartridge, and even that's very gray-area (i.e. US courts once ruled against it).

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Is there any useful documents or tools to help me get started on ASM hacking?
    Assuming you mean gb-z80 (the kind of ASM used to program the GBC), you can find a lot of resources at WSU.

Find a list of opcodes, and start disassembling a section of ROM. From there you'll be able to figure it out.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Downloading commercial ROMs is always illegal, regardless of whether you have a physical copy or not. The only legal way to get a ROM is to dump it from your own cartridge, and even that's very gray-area (i.e. US courts once ruled against it).
    Well it depends on where busted 101 is from (other than "somewhere..."). Here in spain virtual copies of intellectual work are legal if you have a physical copy.
    Anyway, it's not like busted101 or anyone is gonna get busted for this (lol lame pun) or you're hurting nintendo, but that's why we hackers release hacks in patches (not to trap n00bs)

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
    Years
  • Hi! I have a question.

When I try to write a image in the rom (unlZGBA) then a error appears : "Compressed size is : 2D8. Which is too big. Aborting"

What should I do?

Please awnser as fast as you can because I will release my hack today before 0 AM.

use free space finder to find free space. give unlzgba the number it comes up with in the image offset field. check automatically fix pointers.

Shadow-X

That Guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know how add a new mini sprite?
    I'm asking this question because i want to put the Regi event in firered, but I need the regi mini-sprites
    This has been bugging me for awhile now and I just can't find the answer.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
    Years
  • My Questions.....

1.I know this has probably been asked before, but I keep searching and can't find an ips patcher that actually does something. Could someone direct me to a good download site? I don't know why I cant' find a good windows ips patcher lol...

2.How do you insert new tiles? I read the tut on here, but it didn't work, or I wasn't doing something right....Can someone explain to me how to do this?(also it'd be to know how to make your own tiles too).

3.How do you get PoketScript to work? I can download it, but if I was to compile a script example I found, it wouldn't let me compile it.When I right click it, there is no compile option...what do I do to fix that?(also, I need basic help in that field anyway, but you do do all the script on a notepad right? Do you have to save the file as anything special other than just .txt for it to compile or work?).

4.Is there a way, when editing, to delete a map using advance map, instead of replacing it, or do you have to replace it and it can't be deleted?

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Three questions:
    1.- Can i transfer sprites from red/blue to Yellow? (cuz i want to change ome sprites ex: R/B alakazam to yellow, R/B Mewwo to Yellow)
    2.- Is the Pokemon´s color affected by this?
    3.- Which tool can i use for this?
    thanks in advance

Sorry for asking again but i really need to have this 3 questions clarified.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Use Lunar IPS. Its easy to find...

Now I have a question, how do you remove the image that comes up before you go into silph co in Fire red? Its like the thing that comes up in viridian forest, the powerplant, some caves... I need to get rid of that, at least for ONE of my maps.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
  • w9we9k.jpg

Yeh.. how can I fix this? I change the "Offset" options to "2" on the left side.. and "-2" on the right side (the side I'm on)
    Help?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I have a question about Sappy- It says that my file of vbalCbEx6.ocx is outdated, which also makes an ActiveX error. How to fix this??? I check 15 sites and 200 pages of stuff, but it didn't help *rips out ALL hair*

I need to get this question answered.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • I told him to use those offsets... apparently its the exact same at zero, so I told him to use 2 and -2.... Kinda weird, right? It should have worked.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    maybe hes putting those offsets in a different connections and not left/right.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    sum1's told me bfore that the pokemon game intro with the professor can't be deleted. If so how do I change his sprite with someone else's (pallette and sprite)? If his number is in Unlz can anyone tell me what it is for Firered? anyhelp will be appreciated and thnx in advance to any and all answerers

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back