• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm hacking FireRed (US).

How do I change in-game trades? How do I change the Pokémon the guy in the Pokémon Center on Route 4 sells me for $500? And how do I change the Pokémon that you can resurrect from the fossils?

And if it's possible, can I also change the Pokémon's levels?

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Trades - Edit thier script
Route 4 Guy Pokémon - Edit script
Fossils - Err.. a HEX-Editor will work :P But I think you need to edit the script of the guy on that Island..
I THINK it just checks the KeyItem and then gives you the right Pokémon

The lvls are all in the scripts..

Years
Trades - Edit thier script
Route 4 Guy Pokémon - Edit script
Fossils - Err.. a HEX-Editor will work :P But I think you need to edit the script of the guy on that Island..
I THINK it just checks the KeyItem and then gives you the right Pokémon

The lvls are all in the scripts..

I checked the scripts and didn't see any "givepokemon" or anything like that... the in-game scripts are way too complicated... so what variable do I have to change, then?

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
@Linkandzelda, Here are some answers to help you out

1. I dunno bout that, sorry

2. There is no way to do this, i struggled myself with this for ages, you change one map label, you change them all.....

3. Get elitemap. You load the map where the person or object is with the script you want to edit and ctrl+click it (the script viewer is slightly buggy)

4. Make your map, load advancemap and your own map and click insert map. Either make a new map bank or place your map in an old one.

5. I don't know what the unknown value means, but i usually leave it a 0

Hope this helps ya!

Speedo_nh

zeon9881

Moderater jr.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2007
ok ok i just looked over pokemons tutorial and i found out that its for gba emulater!!!!got excited over nothin =(

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Hey I can probably get control better for a ruby game with 4th gen pokes but there is the issue of Turtwig's messed up sprites when I put him instead of Treecko so can someone show me a re-edited Pokedex with all of the 4th gen pokes and their old gen pre-eviolutions or evolutions?

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Hey, strange question, I know, but i don´t know how to change the name of the pokemon, or with which program (I don´t know if someone has asked this before, but there were to much things to search...).
And, i have EliteMap, and with it there was a program called dexter to change the pokemon datas, but all I can do is to change the type, the weight and the height.
How can i change the texts?

Oh, and I´m from Austria (not Australia), so if there are any mistakes, don´t be angry ; )

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey, strange question, I know, but i don´t know how to change the name of the pokemon, or with which program (I don´t know if someone has asked this before, but there were to much things to search...).
And, i have EliteMap, and with it there was a program called dexter to change the pokemon datas, but all I can do is to change the type, the weight and the height.
How can i change the texts?

Oh, and I´m from Austria (not Australia), so if there are any mistakes, don´t be angry ; )

1. N-E-A
2. Advance text for the text. Download it here.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Thx, but :
Everytime I want to open a File with N-E-A it says: No offste for this game found.

And:
I don´t have a clue how to use Advance Text.

...help...

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
Thx, but :
Everytime I want to open a File with N-E-A it says: No offste for this game found.

And:
I don´t have a clue how to use Advance Text.

...help...

what version of pokemon are you using?
because i think N-E-A only works with ruby and sapphire

if you're using leafgreen or firered rom (not sure about emerald)
the text that appears in the game should be there in the first column in folders
if you want to edit the pokedex texts, they're not there
so you have to use search and put them into the list so you can change it by yourself

open up dexter and look at one pokemon's pokedex entry
write the first three or four words (EXACTLY, if words appear in capitals, write it in capitals) in the search form and press the search button
in a couple of seconds you should see the whole entry in the text preview
then press add to INI
type in a section name
give it a text name
and press add to INI again
and now you can find the text in the list at the bottom to edit
when you click on the entry in the list, you'll see it under Textbox-Border
you can edit it to your liking, but remember the textbox in the game has a limit
under the textbox it says 0 characters left until repoint
if it stays like that after you edit, you're fine, so click on save text
if it's under or over, it means you put in less or more letters than the original entry
so if it's less, put in empty spaces somewhere
if it's more, try to use less words

long explanation, i know, but it's everything to it ^^;;

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Thx, but there is again a but:
I can write and save the text, but at the end of my text are a few words from the original text. (my text is longer, if it has smth to do with it)

...help...

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Just use pokemon amplifier, it's much easier. Just remember to download the english .ini files.

I did download the English ones, but I don't know where to put them.

Also, I'm using a Hex-Editor, BECAUSE my Amplifier exploded, while I was editting attacks, and now I was gonna hex-edit to fix it.
I have old copies, but I don't want to use them, because I did about an hour of work in between, but, we'll see.

:)

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
Can you add music(.mp3, .wma, e.t.c.) to a Pokemon Emerald ROM? And if you can, what tool do you use?

RikotheFoxKid

Beast of Chicken
Years
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been asked. I couldn't find it.

I was working on my hack, Pokemon - The Legend of Ninetales. I wanted to change the data of a Trainer and his Pokemon. My Pet won't work, it keeps saying the path to the Pokemon and Trainer sprites aren't there. So either, how can I fix it, or is there a better program

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been asked. I couldn't find it.

I was working on my hack, Pokemon - The Legend of Ninetales. I wanted to change the data of a Trainer and his Pokemon. My Pet won't work, it keeps saying the path to the Pokemon and Trainer sprites aren't there. So either, how can I fix it, or is there a better program

To fix, your "Trainer and Pokemon Sprites" problem, go to RS Ball, select your rom, then from the drop down, first click Trainers, and DUMP those Pictures, and do the same for the Pokemon, then it should work.

OR, you can download POKEMON AMPLIFIER AE, and download the ENGLISH INIs. This has a Trainer Modifier as well.

RikotheFoxKid

Beast of Chicken
Years
To fix, your "Trainer and Pokemon Sprites" problem, go to RS Ball, select your rom, then from the drop down, first click Trainers, and DUMP those Pictures, and do the same for the Pokemon, then it should work.

OR, you can download POKEMON AMPLIFIER AE, and download the ENGLISH INIs. This has a Trainer Modifier as well.

oh, you rock, dude!! THANKS!!!

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
I need help with Advanced Text:
I can write and save the text, but at the end of my text are a few words from the original text. (my text is longer, if it has smth to do with it)

And everytime I want to open a ROM with N-E-A it says:
No offset for this game found

...help...

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I need help with Advanced Text:

And everytime I want to open a ROM with N-E-A it says:
No offset for this game found

...help...

1. The words from the original text may be from another offset. Search for the original text that appears and edit that too.

2. Which ROM are you trying to open with N-E-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back