• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Ok I have a question I'm using thr super dp rombase by xbuster and for some reason when I'm in a cave or on one of the sevvii islands the tiles stuff up...like the pokecenter becomes glitched... can someone tell me why or even how to fix it?

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Thanks nemesish and thethethethe. I'm having no problems with it now; I can't even start to imagine what I was doing wrong before.

Although, I'm onto a new problem. After I read coolboyman's guide on editing type weaknesses with his comment about adding new types at the end, I felt inspired to try to do so. However, I'm confused on two details.

How does the type recognise whether it's Physical or Special?

And how do you apply an image to the type? For example, the NORMAL bar that appears next to Normal Pokémon or Normal moves, the FIRE bar that does the same... the images are located at E961DC, according to Tile Molester.

For reference, I'm hacking Fire Red.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, after hours of looking over the hex, the most I've found is the pointer location to the weakness/resistance table.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Well, you could manually insert the sprite into unlZGBA and then use a program like PET, to make a pointer to his sprite for the battle, then you can make his OW using an OW editor... then just make his battle using PET, or trainer edit, or something like that, (PET can make classes as well as trainers, but you have to have rsball to dump the images from the game, you can get this, and a package of a bunch of other tools from helmeted rodent, look them up on google.) then insert the offset of his battle into a script that starts a trainer battle, and BOOM! you are done! of course, that is the hard way, since you aren't overwriting a useless trainer... like a team magma grunt... (Since most hacks I have seen dont use team magma at all...) Hope this helps...

If you refer to the original question you will see that it's for pokemon gold and unlZGBA wont work for it

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2010
Hello. I've searched throughout the forums for a solution but I can't do what I'm trying to do.

I'm just trying to move the Emerald hero/heroine back sprites into Fire Red. I have no problem moving the sprites themselves using Tile Molester. The problem is that the colors are messed up. I've tried fixing the colors to match up with Tile Molester's palette, but they're still messed up. What am I doing wrong and what should I do?

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
I'm new to spriting and I was just wandering how do you change a trainers back sprite in a battle?

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
DominicNY18 said:
Hello. I've searched throughout the forums for a solution but I can't do what I'm trying to do.

I'm just trying to move the Emerald hero/heroine back sprites into Fire Red. I have no problem moving the sprites themselves using Tile Molester. The problem is that the colors are messed up. I've tried fixing the colors to match up with Tile Molester's palette, but they're still messed up. What am I doing wrong and what should I do?

Tile Molester's pallete only affects what you see with the program, not in the rom itself. You'll need to change the pallete of the rom. If you can find the palette addresses for the Emerald back sprite, and the pallete addresses of Fire Red, I imagine you can simply replace one with the other.

You may find this post useful.

o.necromancer.o said:
I'm new to spiritng and I was just wandering how do you change a trainers back sprite in a battle?

Providing you're hacking the 3rd Generation, you may find this thread useful.

Greyson

Came just to kill your thread.
Years
A Little..Er..Lot of Help needed?

Hi!
I'm Greyson, if you Don't Pay attention to usernames.
I'm fairly new to the Pokecommunity forums, And I'm fairly new to Emulators also.
I'm currently Working on My first hack. Its a Fire red hack(how original!) And I would like to ask about a few things.
I'm not sure Where this thread should go, so if its in the wrong spot, please don't make a big deal of it. just tell me where it belongs and notify a moderator to move it.
I would really like to know a few things about tools and where to obtain a few.
So, enough of my babbling let me get to the point.
I need a few tools, but I don't know what they are, or where to get them!
Heres a list:
1.An editor that changes the trainers back sprite animation, Like changing the hat color and things.
2.An editor that will change other trainers sprites when I battle them, not their mini sprites like on overworld Editor.
3. This is just a question about those tools, Are their any that I could use to Add customs sprites without overwriting the old ones. Like the ones you edit on Overworld Sprite Editor and in battles?

Now I have a few questions About tools I already have:
1.How do I add custom Tiles on Advance map, Like snowy roofs (rooves? roofes? Roofi?)
2.How can I add a script where one sprite is overlapping another, like if a trainer was standing still, and he caught on fire, but you could still see the top of his head? to see what I mean look at Netis Game in the hacks showcase.

Thanks in Advance!

Years
Hi!
I'm Greyson, if you Don't Pay attention to usernames.
I'm fairly new to the Pokecommunity forums, And I'm fairly new to Emulators also.
I'm currently Working on My first hack. Its a Fire red hack(how original!) And I would like to ask about a few things.
I'm not sure Where this thread should go, so if its in the wrong spot, please don't make a big deal of it. just tell me where it belongs and notify a moderator to move it.
I would really like to know a few things about tools and where to obtain a few.
So, enough of my babbling let me get to the point.
I need a few tools, but I don't know what they are, or where to get them!
Heres a list:
1.An editor that changes the trainers back sprite animation, Like changing the hat color and things.
2.An editor that will change other trainers sprites when I battle them, not their mini sprites like on overworld Editor.
3. This is just a question about those tools, Are their any that I could use to Add customs sprites without overwriting the old ones. Like the ones you edit on Overworld Sprite Editor and in battles?

Now I have a few questions About tools I already have:
1.How do I add custom Tiles on Advance map, Like snowy roofs (rooves? roofes? Roofi?)
2.How can I add a script where one sprite is overlapping another, like if a trainer was standing still, and he caught on fire, but you could still see the top of his head? to see what I mean look at Netis Game in the hacks showcase.

Thanks in Advance!

1. If you mean the players back sprite then use tile layer, the thing with chaning colours is palete editing use Hack mew's tool for that... 2. Use the tool Called unlz an goto about 1520
Spoiler:

3.Well there are hex editors, but I think it's beyond your skills currently, if you are up for it, then Darthatron wrote a guide... (In the tutorial part of this forum)

1. Goto the botten therre look like a pussle... and edit..
*You can also inport new tiles
2.I don't understand what you mean? In advance map? Hmmm move the first one a bit, write the script offset place him back again?

Greyson

Years
1. If you mean the players back sprite then use tile layer, the thing with chaning colours is palete editing use Hack mew's tool for that... 2. Use the tool Called unlz an goto about 1520
Spoiler:

3.Well there are hex editors, but I think it's beyond your skills currently, if you are up for it, then Darthatron wrote a guide... (In the tutorial part of this forum)

1. Goto the botten therre look like a pussle... and edit..
*You can also inport new tiles
2.I don't understand what you mean? In advance map? Hmmm move the first one a bit, write the script offset place him back again?

Thanks a bunch!
But, Unlz wont open my hacked Fire red file.
on two, its a script, look at netis game in the hack showcase

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Hey i am making a script using the Setmaptile command how do you get the map to reset, i used the special 0x8E, i think that is just for FR, i need this for a script in Emerald. Is the "special" value for reset different for emerald, and if so what is it?

Years
Thanks a bunch!
But, Unlz wont open my hacked Fire red file.
on two, its a script, look at netis game in the hack showcase

Have you changed the header?
Try to run a clean copy of it in unlz...

The script neti's doing I don't really understand the quistien... You just place to people above each other, Or you movesprite... 7
To make them dissapir it would be raw 0x53 (I don't know if you are scripting through XSE or Pokescript... Raw 0x53 is in pokescript)

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
Years
Hi guys, it seems that nobody answered my question but anyway, may you guys didn't see my post there so i'll repeat the question... May I'm breaking the rules(I don't know anything about that)
but I'm really having a hard time with my roblem...

The problem is.... I'm using sappy12 for changing midi files for my hack but i'm having a hard time with it bcuz when I tried to import my midis to change the old midis, I can't play the new midi what I just inserted and the sappy12 window closes.... How can i fix it? And if there is any more tools better than sappy12, can you guys tell me...?

Thanks in advance. :)

Greyson

Years
Have you changed the header?
Try to run a clean copy of it in unlz...

The script neti's doing I don't really understand the quistien... You just place to people above each other, Or you movesprite... 7
To make them dissapir it would be raw 0x53 (I don't know if you are scripting through XSE or Pokescript... Raw 0x53 is in pokescript)

Ok, I'll ask Neti about it. and I don't have a clean copy of the hack. I have plain fire red and i tried that but it wont transfer to the hack.
one last Noob question: wheres the plus at? I looked at the bottom of the map editor and tile editor and i didnt see it. sorry, I know they're begginer questions.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, whenever I try to start AGPIX or Cyclone, I get the following error message:
System Error &H80070485 (-2147023739). One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.

I'm using Windows 98.

Greyson

Years
were can i find a working p.e.t. for my hack

You can look through the toolbox section, and if you don't find one there go to studiopokemon.com/wah they have tons of hack tools.
Its in spanish so scroll down on the right hand side and look for the word "Descargar" and click on it. most of the tools are in English but overworld changer is in spanish.

Busted 101

Majestic but Crazed
Years
Where can I download "Cyclone" the pokemon hacking tool?
And also every time I click on Dexter in Elitemap this pops up "No ROMs found in directory when I clearly have them in the same folder Elitemap is in. How can I fix this?

Last edited:

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
So...

How do you change/add the physical/special attribute of types (like Fighting is physical, Water is special), and where can you add pointers to the type image (the little thing that says 'Normal' or whatever type next to the same-type move or Pokémon)?

I tried my best to find out without any help, but I couldn't find any traces of the data in the rom, neither could I find any documentation. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back