• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hey,
whats "CMD_FE 0xFC"?
I saw it in many scripts, when decompiled in PKSV.

Thanks in advance

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey,
whats "CMD_FE 0xFC"?
I saw it in many scripts, when decompiled in PKSV.

Thanks in advance
CMD_FE means that when PKSV was decompiling a script it found the byte FE and understood it to be a command, no one knows what FE does at the moment however. 0xFC is just one of its parameters. Which script did you decompile to find this?

I have a question. Whenever I try to add connections to a map everything works ok until I try it in-game. When I try to enter the map the game freezes (and the hero sprite disappers). If I delete all connections in that map but make connections in other maps that connect with that faulty map I can enter it. Warping to the faulty map when it has connections freezes the rom as well. Even adding one connection will cause the map to freeze. Hope someone can help.

EDIT: Got another question. When I increased the block data using A-Map I get very weird blocks, some with behaviours like 9C 0D etc. This makes me think that A-Map has not repointed the data and it has just increased the number of blocks without changing the offset. If that is the case obviously it would cause me problems if I edited those new blocks. So is that actually what happened? If so where can I find the block data pointer for a map? I'm using A-Map 1.9.2.

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Here's the script
I decompiled it from a hack(forgot its name).

Spoiler:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2011
Is there any program for repointing battle animations? While I did find the question earlier in the topic there wasn't really a straight answer, and I'm pretty bad at messing around in hex editors so I'm going to ask this to see if anything's change since then.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Looks more like a problem with VBA rather then APE, indeed.
Mind telling us both VBA and APE versions?

If it could help, try downloading latest VBA Link from here.
For latest APE, simply check my Tools Factory.

okay ive been using the same version the link for vba had and it hasnt benn like that before

and for ape idk

ill show some screen shots:
ill put the in spoilers and sorry the fonts so small i kinda hurried
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Can anyone help me find a movement RAW reference sheet for Pokémon Ruby Version? They Seem to be MUCH different from Fire Red...

this is from thethethethe's tut it also has fr/lg movements
Spoiler:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
this is from thethethethe's tut it also has fr/lg movements
Spoiler:
These are the ones I
was looking for! Thanks!
Can you link me to that particular
Tutorial? I cant seem to load
the "Documents And Tutorials"
section, but I can still load individual
threads...

Sorry about the CSS scroll box, I couldn't resist trying my CSS out...

Mario_Bones

Lazuli Version Creator
Years
In Ruby, you know how in the intro you can choose preset names or you can type in a name of your choice?
I was wondering how you can change what the preset names were, does anyone know how?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
In Ruby, you know how in the intro you can choose preset names or you can type in a name of your choice?
I was wondering how you can change what the preset names were, does anyone know how?
Just search for it using A-Text and then edit it with that.

Mario_Bones

Lazuli Version Creator
Years
Ah, I realised what I did wrong. I was searching for the names, but I didn't use all caps, so A-Text couldn't find it, lol.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2009
In Fire Red in Pewter City after you earn your first Gym Badge, there is a scientist that give you the running shoes.

I want to make him a trainer that you battle, and then he gives you the shoes afterward, before walking off screen.

How would I set this up? Here is the original event:
Spoiler:

I want to use a Rival for this, his trainer number is 003 in Pet.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
In Fire Red in Pewter City after you earn your first Gym Badge, there is a scientist that give you the running shoes.

I want to make him a trainer that you battle, and then he gives you the shoes afterward, before walking off screen.

How would I set this up? Here is the original event:
Spoiler:

I want to use a Rival for this, his trainer number is 003 in Pet.
You should have posted this is the Script Help Thread. You should also avoid asking people to do things for you. Whats the point in making a hack if you aren't the one doing it? Read some tutorials. Any scripting tutorial will tell you how to make the script you want.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2008
Hello everyone.

I'm just learning how to hack and I've hit a few problems.
For the most part it has been pretty straight forward but the sprites are killing me. What I'm trying to do is take out most of the pokemon and replace them with trainers instead.

I save the sprite with unzl.gba and write down the palette number. I edit it in gimp to fit my needs but when I got to insert the sprite and it seems to be okay. When I open the game the check it it is either miscolored and odd looking or it turns into some kind of screwed up torso with hitmonlee's legs.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hello everyone.

I'm just learning how to hack and I've hit a few problems.
For the most part it has been pretty straight forward but the sprites are killing me. What I'm trying to do is take out most of the pokemon and replace them with trainers instead.

I save the sprite with unzl.gba and write down the palette number. I edit it in gimp to fit my needs but when I got to insert the sprite and it seems to be okay. When I open the game the check it it is either miscolored and odd looking or it turns into some kind of screwed up torso with hitmonlee's legs.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try this:
http://www.pkmnhackersonline.com/index.php?page=articles&op=readArticle&title=Inserting+Sprites
and this:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146903
I don't know if replacing a pokemon with a trainer is a good idea.
Hope that helps.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
i keep hearing about gimp so what is it an applicaton? and if it is where can i get it?

also im getting irritated with my computer clocl which setting should i set it to? also i have vistta
time.windows.com
time.nist.gov
time-nw.nist.gov
time-a.nist.gov
time-b.nist.gov

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
i keep hearing about gimp so what is it an applicaton? and if it is where can i get it?

also im getting irritated with my computer clocl which setting should i set it to? also i have vistta
time.windows.com
time.nist.gov
time-nw.nist.gov
time-a.nist.gov
time-b.nist.gov
Um, this has nothing to do with hacking, why are you asking it here? Try asking Google.

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Heya all

This might be a bit too complecated for 'simple questions' but i thought i would run it past you...

I am still trying to remove pokemon and then replace them but recently i ran into thread 145412 (i dont have the post count to post URLs) about adding items strait into the PC, i know there is a command for that but i belive it could be addapted to adding pokémon into the PC and overwriteing the Pokémon in active party list with blank infomation. i could then transfer them back to the party?

Could someone please tell me if i am heading in totaly the wrong direction (if anyone knows enough ASM to help) and if it is possable then what i would need to find as well as how to find things like nickname and abilitys which i have no idea how to change into hex.

Atm i know i need to find

Nickname
Species Name
Stats
Personality
Ability
Attacks 1-4
PP 1-4
Level
Xp

Do i need to find anything else and will it work? any hints would be greatly appreciated however i am also trying to work it out on my own as a challange.

Thanks for your time

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
hi my rom crashed and i had to start on a clean rom so i want to take my maps of my old game and put them into the clean rom how do i do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back