• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
send me the spites ill se if i can resize them XD

idk if i can but ill try T_^

Years
Does anyone know what the garbled mess in between the tiles is when you open a ROM in Tile Layer Pro? I'm just kinda curious. This probably isn't right, but if I were to guess, I'd say that it's actually the game's files being displayed in a different way, and so (I'm making this up right off of the top of my head), maybe there's a script that's something like 0010011101011101, and that translates to clear color-black-gray-black-transparent-gray. Am I anywhere close, or am I grasping for straws?
You know what a hex editor is, right? It displays the contents of a file in a hexadecimal nature.Tile Layer Pro, TileEd, Tile Molester and the like display the contents of a file in a visual way.
Depending on compression and things the images will appear differently in a hex editor, but if you opened a location in a hex editor, and the same location in Tile Layer Pro, you'd be looking at the same thing.
Hopefully that makes some sense.

So the 'garbled mess' could really be anything.

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
Years
Does anybody know where the script is where the daycare man gives you an egg and it hatches into a random baby pokemon in Crystal and am I able to add more pokemon to the choices and increase it's chances to be shiny?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Hey Can you Guys Help me with A-Map? When i try to open it says:

The Directory "C:/Documents and Settings/Adminastrator/Desktop/Ini/" does not exists. All ".ini"-files have to be place inside that directory and the respective sub directories or AM will not work. Please Correct This!

Years
Hey Can you Guys Help me with A-Map? When i try to open it says:

The Directory "C:/Documents and Settings/Adminastrator/Desktop/Ini/" does not exists. All ".ini"-files have to be place inside that directory and the respective sub directories or AM will not work. Please Correct This!
Right click on the AM icon (in the AM map) then copy to.. then desktop and then it would work ;)

In your team thread I replied too it's a little more explained better ;) (you should read itr :P)

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
i just wanted to ask if anyone here knew how to hack super smash bros 64 or could provide any links to it. XD

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I'm sure there is a partial hack somewhere in the Hacks Showcase Thread. It may be done by Jeremy IIRC. It's not really much. I don't think it's very hackable and the only real changes are to the textures, you could probably edit the characters appearances a bit too.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
I'm sure there is a partial hack somewhere in the Hacks Showcase Thread. It may be done by Jeremy IIRC. It's not really much. I don't think it's very hackable and the only real changes are to the textures, you could probably edit the characters appearances a bit too.

yeah that was exactly what i was talking about i shoudlve been clearer but i was too excited XD

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Does anybody know where the script is where the daycare man gives you an egg and it hatches into a random baby pokemon in Crystal and am I able to add more pokemon to the choices and increase it's chances to be shiny?
Odd Egg data starts at 1FB56E. Each egg is 0x3B bytes long. First byte is species, second is held item, next four are attacks. Bytes 0x16-17 are the IVs, which determine whether or not it's shiny. You can also change the name. I'm unsure of how to manipulate the percentages, although it is interesting that adding up all the eighth bytes gives a result of 100d.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Does no-one know when using unlz-GBA, where is the TileMap for the World Map in Pokemon Fire Red?

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Does anyone know why some random things happen to my maps? (I'm hacking emerald)
When I go from one map to my own, the character sometimes gets stuck on the "edge" between two maps.
Sometimes it goes right, sometimes it gets stuck.
I all seems very random to me...

Also, when I load the rom, the maps aren't editted at all!
It's just all like the origional.
But when I just keep re-loading, it does show the editted maps.
Really, really random.

Maybe it has something to do with the map dimensions?
I did make the map larger...

I'm using Pokémon emerald btw.

So, does anyone know why those things happening?
And better, how to fix it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2008
1. WHERe do u get the rom file? and where do u get the ips file?
2. is the rom shinygold_x_v4_byZEL?

please answer my question

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I have a problem. I have a map which is connected to a Route and a City. I can enter each map by themselves so this problem isn't to do with the maps. When I connect the map to the Route everything works fine I can enter that map via the route, exit the map to go to the route etc. The problem is when I connect the map to the city. If I try to leave the map the game freezes (I haven't tried flying/teleporting out only walking out). If I try to enter the City (when it is connected to the map) the game freezes.

So can anyone help?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
I've got a map problem/connection problem?
Whenever im about to leave a route the game restarts, I tried making an alternative map but it does the same thing. Is it my rom or something wrong with the map?
(the map has no level scripts btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back