• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Heya all!

This is perhapse not the best place to ask this but I thought you might have some valuable insight, I have recently began looking into much more detailed hacking, and i wanted to make my own items, I have located the field usage offset for repel in ruby and decided to change that since i wanted a field effect rather than a battle effect and it was all set up.

When linking directly to an asm command (with the +1 obviously) then the asm script triggers however it hangs, the text turns red when used and the game effectivly freezes until you press the (b) button. The item is also not delited although the effect occures. That if i am not wrong means that is part of the items script.

Thinking that I used a pointer to a script hopeing to call the asm command and then delite the repel. However when this item is used all it dose is restart the game.

Could anyone tell me if this is futile withought ASM or if i am overlooking something that could be used to rectify the situation? I have looked at other item field data however I could not see any similaritys in the data which could be used to terminate the action.

as I was useing ZodiacDaGreat's asm translated to hex for giveing items to the PC (I know theres a script command to do this) I know it is not the ASM action itself that is at fault.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Years
Does anyone have a list of APE offsets .ini file would do too...
Ty in advance

Last edited:

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
I have a problem:
I madde a map when the player goes to a mountain(stairs)-one level higher.on the mountair there are little 2 tiles trees.the movement permision on the mountain is 10, the trees permisions are 11. but here is the problem-you can walk behind the tree-the behavior type is the 00 so you can't see yourself-but here you can...what am I doing wrong??

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2016
Wow, thanks a lot for answering my question. I have a simple question:

WHY DO YOU IGNORE MY QUESTION?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I have a problem:
I madde a map when the player goes to a mountain(stairs)-one level higher.on the mountair there are little 2 tiles trees.the movement permision on the mountain is 10, the trees permisions are 11. but here is the problem-you can walk behind the tree-the behavior type is the 00 so you can't see yourself-but here you can...what am I doing wrong??

Nope, you did nothing wrong. You can't do that using 10's. What you have to do is make the whole mountain 'C', which can't be done unless you don't want anyone walking on the back part...yea, I would replace the trees with big rocks...its a problem i hate too!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Wow, thanks a lot for answering my question. I have a simple question:

WHY DO YOU IGNORE MY QUESTION?

Please don't demand for answers.

Have you tested it out yet? When you load a rom for the first time in UNLZ you'll notice that it takes a while. This is because it is searching and recording the location of any compressed data it can find, obviously if you import and image and repoint its not going to show up in UNLZ. For it to show up you need to delete the .spr and .pal files of the rom and reload it in UNLZ, you should be able to see the new tileset.

negative

Years
I have a question:
I made a map in A-map and a script when you get the running shoes in FR.but I can't run in the town , but when I get through the town(route) I can run! what is wrong?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have a question:
I made a map in A-map and a script when you get the running shoes in FR.but I can't run in the town , but when I get through the town(route) I can run! what is wrong?

check your map under the Header tab...
what you should check are the following...
1. Cave
2. Type

in routes, the cave there is 'Regular' while the type is 'Route'...
so if the map is a town, then change the cave into regular and the type to village or city...

negative

Years
check your map under the Header tab...
what you should check are the following...
1. Cave
2. Type

in routes, the cave there is 'Regular' while the type is 'Route'...
so if the map is a town, then change the cave into regular and the type to village or city...
Yes...but look i have :
Name:
Show name,
Music: follow me,
Cave: regular,
Wheather: regular wheather,
Type: village,
Fight type: random,
I HAVE NO MAP SCRIPTS.
Please help...someone!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Yes...but look i have :
Name:
Show name,
Music: follow me,
Cave: regular,
Wheather: regular wheather,
Type: village,
Fight type: random,
I HAVE NO MAP SCRIPTS.
Please help...someone!

Use "Show village names" instead of "Show name", and you'll be able to run.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I think there are 2 hidden
Don't use the first one, scroll down, I think there is another one.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Could I make the person visible using showsprite in a script?

If you set the player hidden, he can't be reappeared by a normal Showsprite command. It needs level scripting.
Use flags to make the person disappear then reappear.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hmm, just a few quick questions:
1.Is there a Silver backsprite anywhere? I know that Nintendo never made one, but did anyone else?
2. Does anyone have the Ice Cave tileset picture in Crystal?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back