• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
I know that, (thanks anyway), but what I am saying is that I was wondering if there was any way to expand the number of Pokemon/free spaces. So, like, instead of having only 25 Pokemon, you could insert more. Like, maybe (probably not) you could delete a Pokemon's data from an offset so it leaves a space, and it won't say that my image data is too big. 'Cause the last thing I wanna do is change my sprite's size, or the file size by reducing the colour number or making the sprite itself smaller. =/

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Where are the palettes locate for the coloured text in FR?

1. Open VBA
  2. Load your ROM
  3. Go to any map
  4. Open the Palette Viewer from the Tools menu in VBA
  5. Click Save BG and save as .ACT
  6. Open APE
  7. Load your ROM and import the palette you just saved
  8. Scroll the palette index till you get the last ones (14-16)
  9. Search the palette
  10. Edit as you like and you're done

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
I know that they have to have 16 colours, but some Pokemon don't. (The official ones) Yes, they have hidden colours, but not always visible ones. Like in FR and LG's Flareon palette, there is pink. xD And it wasn't that background colour, either. But anyways.

I don't really know what pointers are. Isn't it something to do with the image offset? *Is a beginner hacker*

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
Hm...okay, thanks.

So basically, the answer is: "No. There are 25 free spaces, and you have to live with it. You can overwrite other Pokemon, but the file needs to be smaller. If it isn't...then go off to your room and have a cry about it." xD
(Not saying anyone did say that. Just saying what I would say to myself.)

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
Years
ya it overwrites the tiles on there that are there.. make backups

Okay so for example...
This is what the tiles look like when nothing is added: (it's one of those 2, I am not for sure lol, haven't done this in awhile...)

a9pb9s.jpg

It could be this one... not too sure lol....(this may be the palette, so im not too sure which is which)

10savb8.jpg

But let's say I wanted to add this to it:

znl9a1.png

How exactly would that look; and how exactly would you go about adding this to the original tileset? (A picture of the finished product would be very effective if possible, and sorry I've asking about this so much lol)

Last edited:

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Is there an intro editor for emerald?
I've looked in the toolbox, but "advance text" doesnt quite work...
It just shows a big empty space where the origional intro text should be, and if I edit something, nothing happens in the game :c
so, does any1 know a good intro text Editor for Emerald?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Where is the Sappy 2006 registry file?

I still need help with the registry file for Sappy 2006. I want to do more in my hack (MID2AGB works fine), but it won't work. There are 2 people that need the answer.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Okay so for example...
This is what the tiles look like when nothing is added: (it's one of those 2, I am not for sure lol, haven't done this in awhile...)

a9pb9s.jpg

It could be this one... not too sure lol....(this may be the palette, so im not too sure which is which)

10savb8.jpg

But let's say I wanted to add this to it:

znl9a1.png

How exactly would that look; and how exactly would you go about adding this to the original tileset? (A picture of the finished product would be very effective if possible, and sorry I've asking about this so much lol)

Umm i would advise using the palette that the rocks use or w/e then recolor the tower to fit the pallete... replace tiles you do not want in w/e block you want it in

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
2. I also wanted to know how to script in pokemon blue/red/yellow
Red, Blue, and Yellow have no scripting engine; events must be edited in ASM.
I have no idea how to speak German. I'm not even sure that the language in that link was actually German.
It is. However, several of the German hackers speak English; it may be a good idea to ask somebody over at filbboard (currently down) or PokéWiki to translate.
I was trying to point out without blatantly saying that it's quite difficult and is something I wouldn't even try taking up unless I were, I guess Coolboyman or someone else who had a fair knowledge of the GB's ASM.
Even if you look at the new Brown, and the new Pokedex. Everything has been added except the Pokemon Sprites.
Decompression isn't the problem—the decompression algorithm has already been used and implemented in programs (such as rbgfx.c). The problem is creating a program that can compress new images, which so far has not been done. (In fact, it doesn't require ASM knowledge to implement, although it does require a strong understanding of the programming language that is used to write the compressor.) Writing an efficient compression algorithm is exceedingly difficult compared to decoding the decompression technique. The link only provides information on decompression (AFAIK; someone who knows enough German to read the article can correct me on this if it does more).

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
You probably have to use the search feature in Advance Text or use a hex editor to edit text.

Yes, wel.. that doesnk work either.
I need to edit the text of the proffessor in the intro, but all it shows is 10000 empty pages, even on a clean rom!

So, arent there other intro editors?

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Yay, A-Text is working correctly now.
Thnx guys.

But how can I edit the par of the Intro where the prof says: Oh, you must be our new neigbour! blablabls..
It doesnt show up in the intro thingy, and when I use "search" I cant edit it :/

Oh, and a easier one: how do I make a Pokéball disappear once you get the item inside it?
Hidesprite doesn't seem to work, sice the tile where the ball was is still unpassable...
Does any1 have an example script?

And last, but not least, when I change the starting position (when the game starts), the whole truck-sounds and movements are still happening. How can I stop that? (sorry for my bad english)

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Yay, A-Text is working correctly now.
Thnx guys.

But how can I edit the par of the Intro where the prof says: Oh, you must be our new neigbour! blablabls..
It doesnt show up in the intro thingy, and when I use "search" I cant edit it :/

Oh, and a easier one: how do I make a Pokéball disappear once you get the item inside it?
Hidesprite doesn't seem to work, sice the tile where the ball was is still unpassable...
Does any1 have an example script?

And last, but not least, when I change the starting position (when the game starts), the whole truck-sounds and movements are still happening. How can I stop that? (sorry for my bad english)

First question, no idea.
Second one, you should include hidesprite, and setflag 0x(any flag you want).
When you do that, search for the people ID of the Pokeball in Advance Map, and put it like the flag you set.
Example:
setflag 0x200
Then the people ID of the Pokeball is 0200.
Third one, you can't take away the truck animation unless ASM is used, which I doubt a lot don't know. Try asking someone.

Years
How do I change the starting point of the player in the room (FR) Iwant to change it a little lower....

From memory Hackmew's SMCA doesn't have the Y position editable.
Basically here are the pointers you need.
Y Position - &H54A00
Bank - &H54A04
Level - &H54A06
X Position - &H54A08
Just open up your hex editor there and they are all one byte things.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I have gotten a PM linking to a download, however I am missing the file vbalCbEx6.ocx or it's outdated. Run time error: 372 - seen that for the past whenever...

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
The image starting at 0x88365 is the player character shown on the status screen (your name on the start menu), uncompressed. Arranged vertically by seven tiles, like so:
3A
4B

etc…

As for the first offset, I assume you mean the stuff at 0x084A30 and following. That is probably the image data used in battles (I could specifically recognize the Strength rock). It doesn't all look right; some of it could be compressed.

Ah, that helps a lot. Thanx!

It might do it to that OW because it is the main sprite that you control.

You'll need to repoint the tilesets, first you need to find the old pointers and some blank space for a slightly compressed tileset data. Then you place your slightly compressed tileset into the blank data, and then you have to add in the new pointers. Then you should have your tileset.

I don't know of many tools for Crystal, but you probably need one to edit the trainer sprites. If you found them in a tile editor they will be compressed.

Darn it. Well can you explain the repointing to me a little more or link me to somewhere more descriptive so that I will have less or no problems doing this since you are telling me what I must do but not everything about HOW I must do it. Thank you for letting me know though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back