• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
"You have to use a cetain flag...what was it again...uh...oh ya it was flag 829(normal Pokedex) then use special 16F."

I know nothing of scripting, so could someone kindly tell me step by step how to change the pokedex flag using XSE, or whatever the hell I have to use?

You would have to repoint the Pokedex script to free space and then insert special 0x16F under the setflag 0x829 in the script.

jakerman999

looking for spriters
Years
"You have to use a cetain flag...what was it again...uh...oh ya it was flag 829(normal Pokedex) then use special 16F."

I know nothing of scripting, so could someone kindly tell me step by step how to change the pokedex flag using XSE, or whatever the hell I have to use?

what i would do is create a new script in xse that contains the followling lines

Code:
#dynamic @0x800000
#org @natdex
special 16F
end

then replace "0x800000" with an offset that has at least 20 bytes free after it(found through FSF). nest go into advance map and create a script event where the player will move next(you may need more than one event to cover all open sides of the player) and copy the adress of the script into the offset box.

let me now through a pm if that didn't work and i'll have a look at it.

p.s. remember to always back up your rom before you do something like this.

NoblemanNick

Creator
Years
Alright, so I am trying to edit Professor Oak's introduction. I found his sprite on unLZ. But after editing it and writing it to the ROM it is the same sprite from before I edited it. So can you tell me the correct way to edit the beginning explanation/introduction?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
I need a hack tool for digimon story moonlight (when it exist); only for change the exp.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Alright, so I am trying to edit Professor Oak's introduction. I found his sprite on unLZ. But after editing it and writing it to the ROM it is the same sprite from before I edited it. So can you tell me the correct way to edit the beginning explanation/introduction?
Well I don't want to explain something that's been written in a tutorial so..

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=165124

Is there a way to use Dive in Fire Red?
And I also want to know that how do we script Tiles?
There is a way to use Dive, but it requires scripting your own script. But since you don't know how to script a script tile, I don't think I should explain..

Basically all I would do (the easy way) is to use signposts, and to prevent some common errors, I would use "getplayerpos 0x8004 0x8005" then compare 0x8004 and 0x8005 to the X/Y values of the Dive tile, and if it is the same, then go to the script, then if not, then end the script.

That way, you can prevent unwanted diving for instance, if the tile was at 0x5 0x6 and the player was at 0x5 0x7 he can't press A on the tile without being above it. (of course I am speaking in a way which the script must work with 4 dive tiles)

After you successfully compare the X/Y values, trigger a "msgbox" to display the '[buffer1] used DIVE' text, then use a(n) animation, next, finish with a "warpmuted" command to an underwater map...

I know I didn't explain it that well, but you have a hack, and should understand most of it.. I am also tired here, so I'll go to sleep :sleeping:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Battle Editing

In Emerald, does anyone the palette offset for the HP boxes in a battle? If not Emerald, any other Advance Pokemon game? VBA just tells me it's "Palette 4."

Last edited:

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Alright, I've asked this question a few times a while back but have never gotten an answer, so I'll give it another shot. For whatever reason, at some point the text in my game was changed so that whenever an apostrophe or quotation mark appears, a weird little mark appears under it. It's rather bothersome, and I'd rather not have to start from scratch in order to get rid of it. If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated! Also, and example of what I'm talking about is in my signature. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
i need to know if there is a tool that changes the text size in ruby or sapphire to be similar to firered or leafgreen. i think i've seen it before but i cant find it again

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
i need to know if there is a tool that changes the text size in ruby or sapphire to be similar to firered or leafgreen. i think i've seen it before but i cant find it again

It's a program called fonted. It'll let you edit any letter.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years

There is a patch by Green Charizard of Pokémon Hackers Online. If you can't find their site, search "Pokémon Hackers Online" on Google then go to their ROM Bases section and at the very bottom, there is a patch to apply to a Ruby or Sapphire ROM that will give the game Fire Red/Leaf Green font.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Ok, I have a problem. In A-map, whenever I add a new map and change the name, it changes all the names of the maps that I have already added. Plus, when moving between maps, I encounter this:
Spoiler:

Please help me fix this issue, I think that it is with footers/headers and I have tried playing around with stuff in hex, but nothing is working. (This is for Johto Adventures)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2009
A-TEXT

i searched and the links people gave me are now broken (http: //rhtools.scizz .com /index.php?dir=RSE/&file=a-text_311.zip) .... the reason i'm asking is when ever i run a-text it encounters a problem and "needs to close"

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Does anyonne know the palette for the HP battle boxes on Emerald? If not Emerald, any Advance Pokemon game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back