• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2009
    Okay, I searched for "PokéYen", and it couldn't find anything, so here's my question!

I'm busy making a remake of FR, and everything went well, until recently I discovered that I couldn't put the POKéYEN sign/icon/thingy into a text.

This is how that script looks so far:

Code:
    #org $script
    lock
    message $sign
    $sign 1 = ROCKET TOWN HOTEL\pAre you new to ROCKET TOWN, and\ndon't you have an own room in the\lHeadQuarters yet? Don't worry! You\lcan sleep at this hotel for just\l1000 [POKéYEN HERE] a night!
    boxset 6
    release
    end

I use notepad to write scripts and Pokéscript and Advancemap to insert them. I noticed that XSE has some command like [$] to let a PokéYen icon appear, but as I already expected, it didn't work in notepad. So if anyone could give me the code i've got to put at the [POKéYEN HERE] place, please tell me! (Also, I really should learn to script with XSE, because I enjoy scripting more then mapping, which not much people do, I think!)

Also, I don't know how to let the trainers and the rivals name appear =D
    Sorry to be such a annoying person!

~CD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I don't know if this question in asked/answered before but I need to know this pronto!

What movement permission do I need to use for this tile:
    2ujiede.png

Thanks to anyone who will answer.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • I don't know if this question in asked/answered before but I need to know this pronto!

2ujiede.png

Is that a ledge, where you hop over? Then use movement permission "1" as in can not move through, you will jump over it if you use the correct behaviour byte.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Everytime I try to patch a DS Rom using Tsukuyomi I get an error message saying,"Failed! Input checksum is invalid." What am I doing wrong here?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I don't know if this question in asked/answered before but I need to know this pronto!

2ujiede.png

As it is a mountain ledge, you treat it like a bridge, kinda. Put a 0 on the tile below, and a 14 on it (Personally, do the 0s on the steps, and then 14 on the upper floor, then for even higher, use... Something else)

Overdrive64

Deluxe Trainer Extraordinare
    Years
  • Whenever I make a new cave the warp never works if the door is south, only if its north, east, or west. i have the warp set on the square directly before the door and set to the right place (if i hit goto it takes me outside). any ideas on the problem?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Whenever I make a new cave the warp never works if the door is south, only if its north, east, or west. i have the warp set on the square directly before the door and set to the right place (if i hit goto it takes me outside). any ideas on the problem?

There are 2 identical tiles, one allows you to use the warp, one doesn't. Both look the same, and are cave floor tiles. Look in Block Editor at the Block Behaviour. Whatever tile says "Use Warp South (or down) of tile", and that is the one. Should look like a standard Cave Floor tile.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Hey all. Advanced Map editor is giving me some trouble. Just today it will not load any of the headers for my ROMS. Maybe something is wrong with the roms? I tried to open my FireRed today on VBA, and it would't successfully load. Wth is going on here? Thanks.

(Update- I guess the ROMs do work on VBA. But they still won't load on AME. Ive never had trouble with this before:S) Ive dinked around a little bit, and found nothing to be off...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    does anyone know how to edit the icon of your pokemon in fire red? i know in ruby you can use pokepic but it doesnt work on fire red obviously.

maybe thru tile molester like the trainer backsprites?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    does anyone know how to edit the icon of your pokemon in fire red? i know in ruby you can use pokepic but it doesnt work on fire red obviously.

A tool called Icon ED, try searching for it.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • does anyone know how to edit the icon of your pokemon in fire red? i know in ruby you can use pokepic but it doesnt work on fire red obviously.

Yep. I can't remember the offset but keep looking and you'll find it.

ME0W

Still busy working on my hack.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    Hi there! I'm hacking Pokemon Ruby.

Does anyone know what offset is professor birch's
    sprite, the one in the introduction, can it be even found in
    Tile Molester or is it in Unlz - gba?

If it is in Unlz, please give me the number!
    Be appreciating the help!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Hi there! I'm hacking Pokemon Ruby.

Does anyone know what offset is professor birch's
    sprite, the one in the introduction, can it be even found in
    Tile Molester or is it in Unlz - gba?

If it is in Unlz, please give me the number!
    Be appreciating the help!

Look for it in tile molester.
    Image - 0x39DBF4
    Pallete - 0x39E414

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back