• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    They're not balanced unless you also change their stats and movepool. Pichu, being a baby Pokémon, has lower stats than Slowpoke and Aron. Slowking has the same base stat total as Slowbro, so when Slowbro evolves into Slowking, it won't become stronger. And Raichu doesn't learn any moves by leveling up, unlike Slowking and Aggron.
    The evolution levels are too high. Most people's Pokémon will be at around level 50 when they finish an official game; hacks tend to be shorter, so most people won't fully evolve their starter. And no way is anyone going to train a Pokémon to level 100 in a hack without cheating (unless it is a ridiculously amazing hack). Maybe do something like level 20, level 40, and level 60.
    You can't have two evolution methods on one Pokémon.
    And finally, I think you covered every trade Pokémon :)

Okay thanks
    i think changes could be made to Slowking to make it stronger
    i might decide to change the Pichu starter but i am not sure what about
    for the starter pokemon :

Gastly
    Aron
    Slowpoke

As for the level thing, i get what you mean but with my starter i am on badge 6 and my starter is level 48 as i want to make the Gym Leaders stronger it would
    require that the players pokemon being stronger

once all Gyms are done i want to have a series of competitions with
    all pokemon being high level (70+) to get "keys" to try and catch the
    legendary pokemon. does that make it better for the high level requirements?

Years
  • is there any way to create a new evolution stone? i tried item manager+YAPE (and amplifier 2006 too) but each time i use my new stone on a pokemon which i have set to evolve using that stone and it showed that i can use the item on that pokemon, it keeps saying "It won't have any effect".

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    is there any way to create a new evolution stone? i tried item manager+YAPE (and amplifier 2006 too) but each time i use my new stone on a pokemon which i have set to evolve using that stone and it showed that i can use the item on that pokemon, it keeps saying "It won't have any effect".

U can use item editor and evolution editor
    yape wont work here

I suggest u to probably use a berry rename it using item editor and then use evolution editor

Using evolution editor u can also make pokemon evolve using berries

Meister

A leak has sprung !!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    With Pokemon Hacks I can not open them, I pack em out with 7 zip and then there is a file in the map but the Emulator does not get him.
    Yes i have the good Emulator.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Something weird is happening with my items. Here is what I do:

- Create a new person event
    - Change picture to the Pokeball
    - Add a find-item script
    - Move the item to the desireable place

I think that's about it. And when I start the game and approach the item it is still on the same spot and hasn't moved a bit. What's the problem? I know it's not the script because I'm sure everything is right.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Where can I find the Pokemon Gold Table file? Google isn't helping me, and I need it to cintinue doing..anything :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I found barely anything useful...

Anyways, how do i make a titlescreen? I want to put a Pokemon Gold Shellder using Pokemon Gold Aurora Beam on the titlescreen on Sapphire. :/

Years
  • Something weird is happening with my items. Here is what I do:

- Create a new person event
    - Change picture to the Pokeball
    - Add a find-item script
    - Move the item to the desireable place

I think that's about it. And when I start the game and approach the item it is still on the same spot and hasn't moved a bit. What's the problem? I know it's not the script because I'm sure everything is right.

If you mean the Pokeball isn't in the place you moved it to.. Are you sure you clicked "Save" in A-Map? (sorry)

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    You know in certain buildings in FRLG, and everywhere in DPPt, how the player can run? I'm trying to implement this into my Emerald hack, but I've not been having any luck. I've tried editing the Map types (ie, changed from Indoor to Village and such), and I checked the behaviour bytes of all the tiles, but no luck there, either. Are the running shoes disabled every time you go indoors? Would I need to do a level script for each building that enables the running flag, or something?
    Hm, I don't think anyone's answered this yet...
    Anyway, this is a problem that's been annoying me too, and I'm pretty sure the key is in the Cave, Type, and Weather values. Cave, I believe, needs to be set to "regular," weather to anything but "in-house weather," and Type to anything but "inside."
    I could be wrong, this is something I've been having some trouble figuring out. Hope this helps, please don't hurt me if it doesn't.

Years
  • U can use item editor and evolution editor
    yape wont work here

I suggest u to probably use a berry rename it using item editor and then use evolution editor

Using evolution editor u can also make pokemon evolve using berries
    i tried evolution editor, yape, amplifier 2006 ae, item editor, and item manager using berries but nothing worked, "it won't have any effect", that's all i got

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • You know in certain buildings in FRLG, and everywhere in DPPt, how the player can run? I'm trying to implement this into my Emerald hack, but I've not been having any luck. I've tried editing the Map types (ie, changed from Indoor to Village and such), and I checked the behaviour bytes of all the tiles, but no luck there, either. Are the running shoes disabled every time you go indoors? Would I need to do a level script for each building that enables the running flag, or something?

Okay, ignore everyone elses way because hardly anyone here knows.

The solution to make you run indoors without bugs and stuff is in A-map's header view, change the map name type to 02. This will not show the map name on entering and will let you run in it. :3

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've looked around for about an hour now and haven't found anything, so I was wandering if there is a program (other than a hex editor) that would allow me to insert a custom trainer backsprite (including palette) in place of Hiro in Pokemon Silver?

Also, is there a program that will allow me to edit the trainer sprite on the Trainer card? I've managed to change the trainer sprite that appears in the intro by using AGIXP300, but it didn't change Hiro's sprite on the trainer card.

Please respond via PM. Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    In R/S, a person event with picture number 4 shows up as a fat, yellow-skinned guy. Why is this in the game? What purpose does it serve?

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
    Years
  • Anyways, how do i make a titlescreen? I want to put a Pokemon Gold Shellder using Pokemon Gold Aurora Beam on the titlescreen on Sapphire. :/
    There are enough tutorials on this subject. (Therefore not specifically for Sapphire.)

Basically what you have to do is:

1. Look for the image you want to edit in unLZ-GBA or GBA Graphics Editor (If it's compressed of course. But for the titlescreens the images are, so don't worry, you'll find them.)
    2. Once you found the image in one of those editors you should replace it with the one you like. The image should be indexed and you have to repoint if necessary (read: size is bigger than original).
    3. Now, if you look at your game you'll see that, by changing only the image, the tilescreen doesn't look nice. That's because you have to edit the tilemap as well. To do so, use a tileemap-editor, preferably NTME. (TIP: Dump the original tilemap first an load it in your editor so you know the right size. You can find the tilemap of an image (most of the time) as the next entry in unLZ-GBA.)
    4. Once you made your tilemap (the 'file' which hold the data for the screen-positioning of the tiles), you have to import it into your ROM. Overwrite the old one (or if you want to keep the original in the ROM, write it to a different (empty!) location and change the pointers < You should do the same if it's 'bigger').
    5. When you did everything correctly and check your ROM, the image (Shelder) should be displayed correctly.
    6. Now all you have to do is change the palette, but there are detailed tutorials on how to do so.
    NOTE: For Ruby and Sapphire, a part (upper-left) of your image is used for an overlay-animation. Unless you remove that animation layer, you should pay attention to this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back