• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2010
Individual Value's

Hey, I'm new here, and I've been searching through this site. And I had a question.

Is there a tool/editor or something to change the pokemon you posses? And especially is it possible to change their Individual Value's (IV's)? This is about Pokemon FireRed.

I've been looking for it with searches and all, but can't find it... If someone knows the answer and could tell me, it would be much appreciated!

Tnx in advance, ciao.

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
@ Haku.
Yes. The value of the var is saved.

@ Renso Piano
I think you can change a Party-Pokémon's IVs with the hacked engine of JPAN.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Just a question.
Is a setvar that is set will always be set in-game so that i can use it whenever / whereever i like?
Yes, provided you don't modify it of course. Variables do not expire, afaik.
So, unless you set it again with a new value, add or remove the value it currently has, it's safe. Of course, if you change the value it's still there and you can use it anytime, but the checkvar that apply to the previous value won't work. Copyvar does not affect the value, after all.
Hey, I'm new here, and I've been searching through this site. And I had a question.

Is there a tool/editor or something to change the pokemon you posses? And especially is it possible to change their Individual Value's (IV's)? This is about Pokemon FireRed.

I've been looking for it with searches and all, but can't find it... If someone knows the answer and could tell me, it would be much appreciated!

Tnx in advance, ciao.
Ciao, ragazzo.
The only tool that I've seen using IVs so far is Trader Advanced, where you edit the IVs of the pokemon that you're going to trade. So I guess it might be hex editing, ASM, or a tool that we're both unaware of.

@ Haku.
Yes. The value of the var is saved.

@ Renso Piano
I think you can change a Party-Pokémon's IVs with the hacked engine of JPAN.
Yes indeed, but he must have experience in hex and ASM to do that, right?

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
I have a question. Is there any complete Yellow remake or a "complete" Anime-based hack of 3rd gen games, where you can simply get Pikachu, Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle in their ORIGINAL locations (I don't like catching them in route 1...) and catch a Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest?

Thanks in advance.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
Years
I have a question. Is there any complete Yellow remake or a "complete" Anime-based hack of 3rd gen games, where you can simply get Pikachu, Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle in their ORIGINAL locations (I don't like catching them in route 1...) and catch a Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest?

Thanks in advance.

I saw one hack which is anime-based. Just take a look at the thread "Pokemon AshGray Version"

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years

Thanks in advance.
Complete, no.

But as piplup trainer suggested, there is Ash Gray and Ash's Quest for the anime-based hacks, and luminous yellow as a yellow remake that have developed up to a certain point, which makes them playable.

I don't know details, though. Like whether you catch that pidgeotto or not.

arpeejajo

King Of Muay Thai
Years
I need help, I just edited one of the maps in the hack and now when I start a new game I get a black screen. Anyone know what caused this or if it can be fixed?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
I need help, I just edited one of the maps in the hack and now when I start a new game I get a black screen. Anyone know what caused this or if it can be fixed?
If you edited the interior of a building, mart, pokecenter, etc. in order for it to be bigger, that's the issue.

arpeejajo

King Of Muay Thai
Years
If you edited the interior of a building, mart, pokecenter, etc. in order for it to be bigger, that's the issue.
Well first I edited the starting room to make it bigger and change it to a cave (the map that I posted in the review thread), and it worked when I tested it. I then made route one wider and shorter. That's when it stopped working. Could editing a route be a problem as well?

arpeejajo

King Of Muay Thai
Years
Yes, if the differences are big, or if you pass the limit...
Okay just 3 more questions.
1. I just edited the room back to the correct size and it worked. :/ I made it bigger before and it worked fine, why would it stop working?
2. What would the limits to sizing be?
3. Is it better to just create maps instead of editing them?
By the way, thanks for helping me out.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Okay just 3 more questions.
1. I just edited the room back to the correct size and it worked. :/ I made it bigger before and it worked fine, why would it stop working?
2. What would the limits to sizing be?
3. Is it better to just create maps instead of editing them?
By the way, thanks for helping me out.
1. It's probably how the ROM works. I'm used to it.
2. Advance Map has already set limits, which come out as a warning message, but the map can become screwed up way before you reach that limit. Just note, 3 more tiles is different than 30 more tiles.
3. Personally, I edit them. Both are fine by me, though. But if you wanna create a new one, be careful to where you attach it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2010
How do I make a script only run once, so after it's run, it will never run again when you enter the selected building?

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2010
Ok, so I created a givepokemon script event coupled with HackMew's Shinyzer on the route east of Fuschia City. Now, any person event (regardless of it being there originally or being created by me) freezes when the player interacts with it. Do any of you know an easy or possible fix for this? I would hate to see Fuschia's population drop.

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
How do you edit the trainer sprite in Pokemon Gold? (Not the overworld one, the one that like shows up when Oak asks for your name)
(make sure to answer it this time. -.-)

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2010
How do you edit the trainer sprite in Pokemon Gold? (Not the overworld one, the one that like shows up when Oak asks for your name)
(make sure to answer it this time. -.-)

UnLZ.GBA
(95% Sure but you should wait for another answer to be sure.)

ALSO, how do I make it so that I Don't have to select a pokemon in Professor Oak's lab in LG? (I already chose a stater Pokemon earlier in my hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back