• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    Question:
    I have a very, very nub question for hacking the ol' Pokemon Gameboy Colour Gold Version. I want to use a hex editor (I use WindHex32, if it matters) to change the Pokemon available in the Goldenrod/Celadon Game Corners, and the Pokemon given out by Bill and the dude with the Shuckle on Olivine if possible at all.

I know almost nothing about hacking. I've only used a hex editor ONCE to try out the level-up tutorial for Pokemon GS and unlock Safari Zone. I cannot locate any offsets/values/pointers or whatever they're called for the Game Corner Pokemon.

I was hoping to change Abra, Sandshrew (was it?) and Dratini to Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos, and change the number of coins required for each to 5000. How is the data layed out and is it within my experience to be able to change them?

I've had a look through every tutorial available on the Internet over the past week. I went onto Pokemon Community and found some useful ones, but not what I need. So I joined up here, because people seem nice xD I want to use GBC Gold with Meboy (within 1 megabyte limit), but as you know, many emulators cannot trade so I want to make every Pokemon available, but I don't want to put Legendaries in the wild.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    i have one more question, whenever I rearrange the Pokedex, it becomes glitched up in game. How do I fix this.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Hello :)

Does anyone know if there is a script to change the sprite of the player in-game?

Example: I'm trying to make my character turn into a Team Rocket grunt when you talk to someone or press A on an object.

Thanks,
    ChrisMims

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Where could I get MS Paint?
    It's disappeared from my computer and I can't find a download when I google it.
    could someone give me a link, or even a download?
    Thanks.

Thingula

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Where could I get MS Paint?
    It's disappeared from my computer and I can't find a download when I google it.
    could someone give me a link, or even a download?
    Thanks.

Here's the link from Microsoft: Download

:)

Last edited:

Thingula

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Do I write that in PKSV? How do I decide which sprite I want to use?

Neutral12

The EV Trainer
    Years
  • Something really weird happened to me when I was trying to make a connection between a Route and a Town in Advance Map. I'm pretty much 100% sure that I have the right bank/map no. in both the Route and the Town connections. Along with the fact that I have a connection going down from the Route and a connection going up from the Town. For some reason every time I try to access my Town from the Route this will happen;

lolerror6.png

(Note that the City starts right under the main characters feet)

I find this really weird because all the connections I have made before didn't have this problem. Also, the town doesn't even have sand in it. Yet for some reason it keeps showing the edge of a sand mountain over and over (it still confuses me a lot). Does this have to do with an offset issue? The thing is though, I have both of the offsets at 0 atm.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Do I write that in PKSV? How do I decide which sprite I want to use?
    nah wrightbytetooffset is a xse comand, but there is a pksv alternative. Basically the pointer where the owerworld hero is stored, you switch it to a different overworld then apply the asm routine that makes the switch stay switched.

Maco

learning the ropes...
    Years
  • I'm having some trouble getting my own tiles into FireRed using AdvanceMap. I think it's two separate problems:

1. When I use the "load current palette from file" option, some colours don't show up, and the whole palette's colours get swapped around everywhere. This means my transparent colour and colour zones are all messed up.

2. Manually editing the A-Map palette to match the one in Photoshop still doesn't show the new tile set correctly.

Ok I managed to solve both of these after a few more hours of musing...
    1. The .pal files Photoshop creates are not exactly the same type as the .pal file AdvanceMap wants. So I saved the palettes as .act files instead, and they work perfectly importing and exporting.

2. Dunno exactly, but I think this problem was related to the palette problem (or maybe indexing), since I don't have this problem anymore :laugh:

Hope this helps someone.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Okay, so after spending a long ass time making some new HP boxes, they're messed up in-game.
    -
    bulzshite.png

I assure you, the image I inserted does not have that white box on the left-hand corner. I would appreciate it if anybody could shed some light on this problem. Thanks.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • Okay, so after spending a long ass time making some new HP boxes, they're messed up in-game.
    -
    bulzshite.png

I assure you, the image I inserted does not have that white box on the left-hand corner. I would appreciate it if anybody could shed some light on this problem. Thanks.

Uploading the image you are using might help... Though it's probably just a problem with the tile map?? I've never done much HP box editing, but try redoing the tile map, and if it still fails, try a clean ROM.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Uploading the image you are using might help... Though it's probably just a problem with the tile map?? I've never done much HP box editing, but try redoing the tile map, and if it still fails, try a clean ROM.
    Yeah, but I'm not sure how to extract the tilemap for the HP boxes?

The_Virus21

Aquamarin Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2011
    Hey Community!
    Sometimes ago I found a DS Rom Editor where you can edit the resources(mostly Graphics).
    But I've installed my system new, and I've forget the name of
    this Program!
    I think this Program is known so I hope, that somebody can help me.
    An Notation: It isn't Nitro Explorer. The Program that I mean is better(you can see
    a preview of the pictures)

The_Virus21

Thingula

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    nah wrightbytetooffset is a xse comand, but there is a pksv alternative. Basically the pointer where the owerworld hero is stored, you switch it to a different overworld then apply the asm routine that makes the switch stay switched.
    Ah, ok. Thanks for the help! :)

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • How do you change the trainer backsprites in pokemon FR/LG? I searched up a tutorial, but it seems that their image shack files arent viewable anymore. I even tried doing it with out the pictures, but when i downloaded the tile molester i needed it wouldnt let me actually use it.

Oh, is there also a way to make every battle play like a battle tower battle? as in no items allowed in battle, and no switching just because your opponent is switching pokemon.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back