• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Reposting AGAIN:
    Can somebody give me a link to the PokeCry program that comes with EliteMap? My computer won't let me download EliteMap because it thinks it's a virus.

Also, if that's not possible, can somebody just tell me the offset at where Seedot, Nuzleaf, and Shiftry's cries are located? Cuz I somehow screwed them up.
    To clarify things, I don't give a s**t about EliteMap, I just want PokeCry. Or better yet, somebody should just tell me the offsets at where Seedot, Nuzleaf, and Shiftry's cries are located.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Reposting AGAIN:

To clarify things, I don't give a s**t about EliteMap, I just want PokeCry. Or better yet, somebody should just tell me the offsets at where Seedot, Nuzleaf, and Shiftry's cries are located.

See the attachment, it's PokeCry. For the time being, you can use that.
    At least till I have time to work on A-Cry :P

Attachments

• PokeCryGUI.zip
      12.2 KB · Views: 6
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    hey i was recently told how to edit mini sprites...but i was wondering if some can help me with replacing mini sprites and adding new mini sprites.

for replacing new mini sprites i wanted to try and replace things like the Fat Man! i have the D/P/Pt ones and wanted to replace them.

and i wanted to add some new mini sprites such as pokemon.

could someone please point me in the right direction/tutorial that can help with these

and help will be much appriciated

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • hey i was recently told how to edit mini sprites...but i was wondering if some can help me with replacing mini sprites and adding new mini sprites.

for replacing new mini sprites i wanted to try and replace things like the Fat Man! i have the D/P/Pt ones and wanted to replace them.

and i wanted to add some new mini sprites such as pokemon.

could someone please point me in the right direction/tutorial that can help with these

and help will be much appriciated
    you can hex edit the amount and It will show up in advance map but not work properly in game, due to specials.

You have to use asm. so my advise is to use jpans overworld routine.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2010
    1) How did you change it, exactly?
    2) Uhm... can I ask why would you need a planted berry? Decoration purposes? Or just to let the player get some berries?
    3) If you're patient enough, just wait for me to release A-Intro. It is going to include the truck removing, as well as the X/Y positions editing.
    4) It depends what you mean by "changing". Do you want to change the actual sprite, or you want to change his behaviour?

Oh, and welcome to PokéCommunity.

1) I just changed it so it would look like it was a secret base (one of those trees with the vines coming out of it). I did nothing at all to the warp so I don't see why that doesn't work. I met a guy who made an Emerald hack back in 2007 (apparently he made it as a joke to make fun of his old school... O.o) and he tried to fix it but couldn't either...
    2) ...Decoration really. ^^; I just think that since in the plot I am trying to execute the playable character has lived in the house for most of their life that the mothers should have gardens out the front. Don't ask me why, but to me gardens give a 'lived in' feel to a house.
    3) I think I can wait. ^^ ...Think being the key word. XD; How long do you think that it'll take? (heh, I'm talking like I have a choice here...)
    4) Maybe I should have been clearer. ^^; I want the kid that stops you from going into route 101 to become two sprites that don't let you past until you battle one of them (a specific one of them, not just the first you talk to) then let you past if/when you win.

Thank you! ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    you can hex edit the amount and It will show up in advance map but not work properly in game, due to specials.

ok thank you and have u by any chance got a link to any tutorials about this...sorry im quite new to this whole thing haha

Byte me

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    how do you even get to the toolbox?
    (I know I'm retarded, you don't have to tell me.)

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013

bumping my question again sorry. but what is the asm and jpans overworld routine...would be a great help if someone can point me to a tutorial or something

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Just a quick question. Is your average common or garden Ruby ROM able to have 200x200 per square on the world map? Obviously it would mean that routes etc. could never exceed on world map square. I like large maps you see and hoping to stretch the Ruby ROM to capacity in my hack (link in sig. if interested!).

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there a tile behaviour that is the opposite of "Block is covered by hero"?
    Something like "Block covers hero"?

Probably not, but I'd like to make sure.

As in, all the blocks, both upper and lower? I don't think so... But play around with any of the unknown Background Behaviour Bytes. Keep backups, and who knows, you may find one!

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Is it possible to make a legendary sized overworld (32x32) show left, right and backwards views? I tried using HackMews overworld editor RE however the Nintendo sprites don't have those views, and inserting onto frame 1, 2 or 3 overwrites all of the others (Except for fram 8 I think).

So is there anyway to make a larger OW sprite show all four directions?

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • 2 questions i have

1/is it possible to edit the teachy tv and if so how?
    2/i inserted all the sinnoh pokemon into my rom, but whenever a pokemon evolves the rom freezes, how do i fix this?

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
    Years
  • Removing option to play as a girl character in Pokemon Ruby

I have a couple questions here... answering them would be much appreciated

1.) I was wondering if there was any way to remove the option to play as a girl character in Pokemon Ruby. I searched this thread and saw some people say that this required ASM. I'm a bit of a newbie, so could someone please explain this to me? How this may be done with ASM? The girl character's data and such can remain in the game, I would just like the option to choose a gender to be skipped or removed from the introduction with Professor Birch.

2.) In Pokemon Ruby, during the introduction with Professor Birch, how can I change the color/palette of those yellow lines at the top of the screen? And how can I change the sprite that appears in the introduction (Professor Birch's sprite)

I'd prefer if you'd answer me via PM, as I don't think I'll be able to find it here. Thank you!

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Is it possible to make a legendary sized overworld (32x32) show left, right and backwards views? I tried using HackMews overworld editor RE however the Nintendo sprites don't have those views, and inserting onto frame 1, 2 or 3 overwrites all of the others (Except for fram 8 I think).

So is there anyway to make a larger OW sprite show all four directions?

Why not just use OW resizer and cahnge a different sprite to a 32x32? Just go look for it in the tool box.

2 questions i have

1/is it possible to edit the teachy tv and if so how?
    2/i inserted all the sinnoh pokemon into my rom, but whenever a pokemon evolves the rom freezes, how do i fix this?

1) Anything is possible, but what you want requires a high knowledge of ASM, and I doubt it if anybody has edited the teachy TV before.

2) did you insert some of those pokemon in the extra 25 unown spaces? If so, don't use them, they're pretty glitchy and I just suggest replacing another pokemon.

I have a couple questions here... answering them would be much appreciated

1.) I was wondering if there was any way to remove the option to play as a girl character in Pokemon Ruby. I searched this thread and saw some people say that this required ASM. I'm a bit of a newbie, so could someone please explain this to me? How this may be done with ASM? The girl character's data and such can remain in the game, I would just like the option to choose a gender to be skipped or removed from the introduction with Professor Birch.

2.) In Pokemon Ruby, during the introduction with Professor Birch, how can I change the color/palette of those yellow lines at the top of the screen? And how can I change the sprite that appears in the introduction (Professor Birch's sprite)

I'd prefer if you'd answer me via PM, as I don't think I'll be able to find it here. Thank you!

1) If you're but of a newbie, then I suggest that you don't try to learn asm, as it requires alot of knowledge about the rom and programming expertise. Although ,if you're interested, I think hackmew has some tutorials in his sig, a couple posts up, but I'm not sure

2)I wrote a tutoial on this. Here's the link.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2010
    Hey, im creating a town called Cave Town (c) and I need to add more maps thingys. But when I click New Map it doensn't come up. Help me please.

crack-head

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    am searching for platinum hack tools but i cant find anything, can someone giv me a link to a side where i can download pokemon platinum hack tools please

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back