• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    how do you remove the machokes from being in your living room when you first move in???

Select the first Machoke and change its Move type to Hidden, then change its People ID to 0000. Do the same for the other Machoke. Finally put both on the very top of the map. Save the ROM and you're done.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    1. Well, I hope that you have a backup because it seems that you overwrot some important data. If you can get the backup, try to make changes step by step checking if the PC still work. In this way you'll trace what corrupted the PC's script.

2. Uhm, what program did you use to insert the sprite?

3. To edit that text it's better to use an hex editor which support table files, like Thingy32/Translhextion for example. The presentation text can be edited just like a common textbox; keep in mind that the max length is 42 (or 40? I don't remember at the moment) instead of 36.

1) Aww, really?

I have a crapload of back-ups, but now I have to re-do all of Route 2 and a bunch of text in AdvanceText... D:

2) I'm using unLZ.GBA.

3) Okay, thanks. I'll try that.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I have a real noobie question, about a year back I started ROM hacking, I stopped due to GCSEs and such but now its my summer holidays I wanna start again, I have already put a new picture in my title screen on Fire red but my problem is... I cant remember how to edit pallets, there was a tutorial a while ago but its gone now... can someone point me in the direction of a guide or tell me how to? Thanks :) BTW, Hackmew, your tools are amazing!

GWXCORE

Protector of the Core
    Years
  • ok i'm on hackmew's rom raiders team and he had me revamp some themes. i took new bark's theme and tabbed it out by hand in guitar pro 5(guitarist midi program) made my changes, and then exported it to midi. i went through sappy and mid2agb and everything like a tutorial said. but when i play the music in the game its slow, missing tracks at certain points, and then just stops randomly and when i go to somewhere with diff music, it won't start back! please help me

bonaza

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    My script isn't triggering when the player steps on it. Its supposed to move the player, but nothing is happening.

#org 0x800050
    Checkflag 0x26A
    if 0x1 goto 0x800100
    setflag 0x26A
    applymovement 0xFE 0x800110
    release
    end

#org 0x800100
    end

#org 0x800110
    #raw 0x60
    #raw 0x35
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0xFE

Last edited:

silverish_dewil

PKMN Necromancer
    Years
  • 3) I can't seem to fix the beginning text in the box with a Pikachu on it. Take a look at Zel's example from Shiny Gold:

image00as6.png

I've loaded up the three parts of the entering text into AdvanceText, but whenever I edit it...Well...

alittlehelpyo8.png

I understand that the reason that happens is because AdvanceText only edits the smaller text boxes, not that huge beast.

But, I need to know how Zel managed to edit the text without it coming out as NPC-talking-size. Is there a program that I already may have that edits what it says?

Thanks in advance,
    ~Diggeh

The easiest way is to edit text in advance text editor (search for it in toolbox forum). All you need is to find the text and turn on the special dialog button and the text will appear to be normal.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • I want to find the offset for the charizard in the FR
    title screen to use with advanced pallette editor, how?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    it is in the tutorials section but here is the offset. 2011

My script isn't triggering when the player steps on it. Its supposed to move the player, but nothing is happening.

#org 0x800050
    Checkflag 0x26A
    if 0x1 goto 0x800100
    setflag 0x26A
    applymovement 0xFE 0x800110
    release
    end

#org 0x800100
    end

#org 0x800110
    #raw 0x60
    #raw 0x35
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0xFE

I think it is suppose to be

applymovement 0x800110 0xFE

0xFE always goes at the end.

ok i'm on hackmew's rom raiders team and he had me revamp some themes. i took new bark's theme and tabbed it out by hand in guitar pro 5(guitarist midi program) made my changes, and then exported it to midi. i went through sappy and mid2agb and everything like a tutorial said. but when i play the music in the game its slow, missing tracks at certain points, and then just stops randomly and when i go to somewhere with diff music, it won't start back! please help me

I think you should have it in Sapphys fromat which I don't know what the format is this is the best I can do for you.

I need help because on my pokemon firered game that I am hacking the Hoenn and Jhoto pokemon try to evolve and they can't. why is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
    Years
  • My hack is moving along quite well and I just wondered how much of my game should be finished before I should post it in the Hacks showcase and how much longer after that until I should post a BETA?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    2) I'm using unLZ.GBA.

I've just inserted the two Piplon's sprites wiht unLZ.GBA and I got the same problem. Taking a closer look, I saw that the palette used in the backsprite is not "well-formed". Well, probably you won't understand what I mean. So, try to see a normal Pokémon like Bulbasaur etc. and compare his normal palette with the shiny one. Then do the same thing for your Piplon. I'm sure you'll see the difference.

I cant remember how to edit pallets, there was a tutorial a while ago but its gone now... can someone point me in the direction of a guide or tell me how to? Thanks :) BTW, Hackmew, your tools are amazing!

Well, there's a little tutorial in the Documents and Tutorial section. If you can wait, anyway, I'll post a tutorial for APE.

When using applymovement to move the player you have to use 0xFF, not 0xFE.

Try this:

Code:
    #org 0x800050
    checkflag 0x26A
    if 0x1 goto 0x800100
    applymovement 0xFF 0x800110
    setflag 0x26A
    release
    end

#org 0x800100
    release
    end

#org 0x800110
    #raw 0x60
    #raw 0x35
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0x80
    #raw 0xFE

I want to find the offset for the charizard in the FR
    title screen to use with advanced pallette editor, how?

The easiest way is to use the search function. Open VBA, load the ROM and once on the titlescreen open the Palette Viewer. From there, save the background as a PaintShop palette or as an Adobe Color Table. Open APE, import the palette you just saved and change the index until you find the Charizard's palette. At this point, search it in the ROM and edit it as you like.

I need help because on my pokemon firered game that I am hacking the Hoenn and Jhoto pokemon try to evolve and they can't. why is that?

You need to enabled the National Dex otherwhise they will never evolve. In the Documents and Tutorials you can find a neat tutorial about it.

Also don't answer with wrong and pointless answer, please.

My hack is moving along quite well and I just wondered how much of my game should be finished before I should post it in the Hacks showcase and how much longer after that until I should post a BETA?

It totally depends on you. You decide.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I am sorry if this question has been asked in this thread already but is it possible to increase the maximum level of a pokemon from 100 to (for example) 250

I think it would require ASM but I have no idea how it could be made.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Well, there's a little tutorial in the Documents and Tutorial section. If you can wait, anyway, I'll post a tutorial for APE.
    Ah, didnt see that, thanks, I think i'll wait for an APE tutorial, I'm a bit too lasy to go and edit the Hex :P

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • hi
    ive got some questions

1. need help with marts. how do i make it so that the first time you visit viridian city you can use the mart with out the person giving you oaks pacel but still not being able to buy pokeballs until you get the dex?

2. somtimes when i make a new map and set the border to blank squares theres still some random tiles there which i dont want.

3. on pokemon crystal where you enter cherrygrove for thwe first time theres a man there that gives you a tour and then gives you a map card and goes into his house. if you go to the house before hes not there obveously but im having trouble making a script like that for leaf green.

4.on advance map when you change the wild pokemon you have 4 options. one of them is trees. i wondered how its possible to get this to work.

i hope someone can help me.
    thanks

link

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back