• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I feel a little embarrassed to post so soon after having one of my previous problems have been solved but...

Well, the problem I was having before is persisting...a little. It's certainly similar. The player can still move about normally as their sprite and interact with things as usual, but trainers on certain areas of the map...don't work correctly. They act as if they're already defeated, when they were never battled. I thought this was a problem with the trainers until I moved them, and they suddenly started working.

Related is the fact that the sprites are acting very mysteriously. Depending on where I move on the map, OW sprites will randomly disappear and reappear, as if being unloaded and reloaded. Normally I'd think this only happens when they go off screen but it's as if the game has lost all touch with what's considered on screen and what's considered off screen.

This only happens on a newly created map. Did I miss a step? I followed all the tutorials I could find and made inserting maps look rather easy...I also made sure to tell Advance Map not to try and repoint anything on it's own so I can guarentee the ROM's safety myself. In short, what's wrong with the map?

1) The trainer battles not working at a specific section of the map sounds to me like you used the same script for all of them, which would makes sense for when you moved them.

2) Thats a common problem that occurs with route connections and stuff. Try to make a person at least 7 steps away from the edge of the map at all times (unless it's indoors or something).

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
1) The trainer battles not working at a specific section of the map sounds to me like you used the same script for all of them, which would makes sense for when you moved them.

2) Thats a common problem that occurs with route connections and stuff. Try to make a person at least 7 steps away from the edge of the map at all times (unless it's indoors or something).

All the trainers have the same LOOK as far as the script goes, since it basically boils down to "trainerbattle, msgbox, end" with three strings but I made sure every separate instance of trainerbattle is using a different trainer flag, along with different strings. Unless there's something else I'm missing.

And that's just the thing. This IS indoors. There shouldn't be any route connections for the map, last I checked anyways.

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
Can someone please help me? I got skipped...

The first post clearly states that not everyone's questions will be answered, and that if your question is answered it's because someone decided they wanted to answer it.

I think this section should be sperated into Answered Simple Questions and Unanswered Simple Questions.....

My question hasn't been answered yet either, unfortunately this is a game where we have to be hopeful someone will answer for us.

My Question:
Spoiler:

Question Asked by ASuch:
Spoiler:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to scripting, and I'm trying to give my character the running shoes in Firered. However, I can't find the hex code for them :/
(I'm using XSE BTW).
I saw somewhere it's 0x82F but it won't even compile with the ROM :/.

I believe that setting flag '0x82F' will work. It's highly unlikely that the 'setflag' command itself is preventing XSE from compiling the script. What error message is displayed when you try to compile?

Is there a way to insert more pokemon atributes (like fire and steel) without removing or replacing the old ones?

Not without extensive ASM hacking. So no, it isn't.

Does anyone know how to change a 256color palette in Ruby/Sapphire?

I've been looking, but can't find anything about doing so.

I'm trying to change the palette of the Pokemon Logo in the Titlescreen, so that I can replace the logo with the logo from the Japanese Ruby rom.

Any help would be appreciated

Uhm, you could either edit it with APE or in a Hex Editor. From what I can tell, the palette of the Pokémon Logo in Ruby is located at '0xE9F624' (it's '0x1C0' bytes long so it ends at '0xE9F7E4').

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2016
Questions (Pokémon Emerald ROM)

In an item event, how do I edit the item given to you?
I know about subsituting the codes, for example

Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x290D0C
giveitem 0x4 0x1 0x1
end

to

Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x2912AF
giveitem 0x12B 0x1 0x1
end

and that's about it.

Furthermore, how do you edit the pokémon type of an egg given to you, for example in Lavaridge Town?
I know it is about the
Code:
giveegg 0x168
line but other than that, i'm lost. Is it something to do with the hex value of the Pokémon?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Hey,i have this problems,i tried to find whats the problem are here but to no avail,maybe it was just a simple mistake which cause this but still i can't figure otu what,tried many things but still the same..im getting rusty on this after a year of not hacking..lol..
problemspic1.jpg

Basically,i went to another map the route 1,when i return,the map on the first town like move abit off.You can see from the pic..
and then,i went back to route 1,go all the way to the end then way down back then i got this and stuck..
problemspic2.jpg

They maybe a simple solution to this,but i don't know..lol

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Hey,i have this problems,i tried to find whats the problem are here but to no avail,maybe it was just a simple mistake which cause this but still i can't figure otu what,tried many things but still the same..im getting rusty on this after a year of not hacking..lol..

Basically,i went to another map the route 1,when i return,the map on the first town like move abit off.You can see from the pic..
and then,i went back to route 1,go all the way to the end then way down back then i got this and stuck..

They maybe a simple solution to this,but i don't know..lol
The routes just aren't connected properly. Mess around with the 'adjustment' box when making the connection, until they line up properly. It looks like you're only two tiles off.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
The routes just aren't connected properly. Mess around with the 'adjustment' box when making the connection, until they line up properly. It looks like you're only two tiles off.
okae cool,its just that before i went to another map,the maps are ok, are okae,i mean they are alrite,the connections but after i went to the other map and come back it become like this,i have a video on it,but don't know how to show it here.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
So the offset of the connection from one map to the other is right, but that from that map back to the first is wrong. (Offset as in how far it's offset, not the scripting kind.) Open up the connections thing in advanced map and check the connection from both sides of the join. (I.e. from the first map and the second map)

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
So the offset of the connection from one map to the other is right, but that from that map back to the first is wrong. (Offset as in how far it's offset, not the scripting kind.) Open up the connections thing in advanced map and check the connection from both sides of the join. (I.e. from the first map and the second map)
Actually i can say there is nothing wrong with the connection,the pat itself,from both map from a to b and from b to a is correct,the only problem is like the small area of the map will be distorted,not the whole map but only a part of it..nothing ive done solve it,
i want to show you guys the video for better understanding but youtube is taking too long to upload it.

edit:Heres the video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-JaQOqPk-s

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Trying another simple question...

This one should be easy for anyone who's experienced with Emerald. i.e. anyone that's not me. I changed the map bank offset recently so that I could have room for more maps in Emerald, but this resulted in breaking the Battle Pyramid in the Frontier, loading nothing but a big black blank space, probably because it relied on the bank being in the old spot that it was in. I've tried, but I can't find any reasonable pointers that fix this. How do I point the Battle Pyramid to use the new map bank position, if that is indeed the problem?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
So i don't know if THIS question is supposed to go here, but here goes! The tool for extracting sprites from roms, tahaxa, isnt working for me, it is becuase i dont have bgd.dll installed!
I. Ive tried loads of time but my question is kinda is it possible to install bgd.dll on my 64bit windows 7 laptop when bgd.dll is a 32bit dll (i think)?

Last edited:

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Excuse me.
How do I can increase the area of block in a-map?
I have a picture for U puzzling.
Thanks in advance for reply.
icon7.gif

Spoiler:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Excuse me.
How do I can increase the area of block in a-map?
I have a picture for U puzzling.
Thanks in advance for reply.
icon7.gif

Spoiler:

Well depending on whether its the max size or not you go to the blocks tab and click the change block amount tab, there you will be prompted to type how many blocks you want with a limit listed in the window.

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Well depending on whether its the max size or not you go to the blocks tab and click the change block amount tab, there you will be prompted to type how many blocks you want with a limit listed in the window.

Thank you so much. If I have question again. I must beg for to disturb once more. Thanks again.
icon10.gif

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Excuse me.
Is it will possible? If will enhance the area of tileset in A-Map.
Disturb help advise give me please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back