• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
But doesn't that mean I would have to re-colour the tileset to match the palette? I think I've seen hacks where the colours aren't changed.

Actually, further to my last question, is there anyway you can add more room in the FR tilesets without it glitching whenever you click on it?

nicholaszero8

Nothing......
Years
How do you change the starter for a hack like Pokemon Flora Sky or some hack that adds sinnoh pokemon as the starter?

Question :
How much time do you averagely spend on this site or to be more general how much time do you spend on the computer, each day ?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
How do you change the starter for a hack like Pokemon Flora Sky or some hack that adds sinnoh pokemon as the starter?

You can (1)do it with a hex editor, (2)use some starter-changing tools available in the toolbox section, or (3)you can make a script of your own.
To add Sinnoh/Unova/Custom-made PKMN into your ROM hack, use Unlz-GBA and---ah, just see some tutorials on how to add new sprites in the Tutorials section.

How much time do you averagely spend on this site or to be more general how much time do you spend on the computer, each day ?

It depends on a lot of factors with each members here.
As for myself, if I am bored and got nothing else/better to do for the day.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
I don't know what that reason is, unless you're suggesting that nobody knows what it's for, then I understand.

Thanks for the help on the hidden ID. So, if I were to use a hidden ID for a new hidden item, would that mean I make up a hidden ID that comes after the last ID, or do I have to re-use currently used IDs?

I still need further clarification on this, because I still didn't quite understand.

Years
I still need further clarification on this, because I still didn't quite understand.

It's pretty simple. If you pick up a hidden item, you won't be able to pick it up again as its Hidden ID is set to true. If you make 2 hidden items have the same ID, you only will be able to pick up one since they share the same Hidden ID.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
That's not what I'm asking. What I'm asking is, if I wanted to make a brand new hidden item, would I need to sacrifice another hidden item elsewhere in the game to use its ID, or can I make up new hidden IDs that come after the last hidden ID in the game?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
But doesn't that mean I would have to re-colour the tileset to match the palette? I think I've seen hacks where the colours aren't changed.

Yeah, but you can change the Pallette in Advance Map to whatever you want. All tutorials say that at the end, just read some.

Actually, further to my last question, is there anyway you can add more room in the FR tilesets without it glitching whenever you click on it?

There is a tool called Tileset Manager. You can't expand FR tilesets, but with it, if you can understand it, you can create more tilesets for you to use in game.

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011

Which default tiles did you replace?
Because accordingly, it can affect the whole tileset. For example, if you replace the grass(not the wild grass) with something else, it will alter more than one block, since those particular tiles are used in quite a lot as a background in buildings and stuff if you take a look at the block editor. If you've mistakenly replaced some of the more important tiles, then yeah, it will alter the tileset as a whole.
That's not really what I meant- It replaced more tiles in the tile set, not the map. Meaning- More than one type of tile (eg. the grass, part of a house, water) got changed to the one I inserted. Not just the one type I selected.
I tried to change the spare black tile in the middle. And after I pressed 'load new blocks' the entire map just went glitchy, I couldn't even tell which tile was which. Only the laboratory was looking normal.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
That's not really what I meant- It replaced more tiles in the tile set, not the map. Meaning- More than one type of tile (eg. the grass, part of a house, water) got changed to the one I inserted. Not just the one type I selected.
I tried to change the spare black tile in the middle. And after I pressed 'load new blocks' the entire map just went glitchy, I couldn't even tell which tile was which. Only the laboratory was looking normal.

Where did you insert the new tile? I need a pic of that in Block Editor, just to see what you did. I have a feeling you may have replaced the black blocks that make up the invisible foreground by accident, but I'm not sure.

Years
I'm running Windows 7 and I've managed to get Sappy 2005 just about working. But when I try to assemble a .S file, it says 'Done' and such, but when switching to the song in Sappy, it displays the previously displayed song in the track information etc. before switching to a different song. When I try to export the tracks to import them into another ROM, like in Magnius' tutorials, it exports the tracks of this previously displayed song, which is displayed in Sappy at that time! Any ideas? (I know Sappy is very prone to errors and crashing. It took me a while to get it working on Win.7 and it's still not perfect.)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
i'm trying to hack surfing sprite (the part you ride on) in firered but i can't find it in overworld. does anyone know where it's storedi

The graphics editing tool NSE (Nameless Sprite Editor) comes with a bookmarking function.

The bookmark file that comes with NSE contains a bookmark of the surfing pokemon (The thing the player surfs on)

The cool thing is NSE lets you edit the sprite right there, no need to export/import (Unless you'd prefer it that way, in that case you can also import, as NSE supports importing and exporting of any sprite.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
That's not what I'm asking. What I'm asking is, if I wanted to make a brand new hidden item, would I need to sacrifice another hidden item elsewhere in the game to use its ID, or can I make up new hidden IDs that come after the last hidden ID in the game?

So, what happens if I make up new hidden IDs, is that a bad thing? Should I sacrifice currently used hidden items instead?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
^
i am not really sure but why not do some trial and error?
i mean, y not try using one?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
It seemed to work but I don't know yet if it may have affected anything else without me knowing, that's why I'm hoping someone here might know.

Like, I'm afraid of accidentally over-writing some code I'm unaware of by using values that I'm not sure are already in use (I doubt I could keep on 'making up' hidden IDs foever, for example).

Years
It seemed to work but I don't know yet if it may have affected anything else without me knowing, that's why I'm hoping someone here might know.

Like, I'm afraid of accidentally over-writing some code I'm unaware of by using values that I'm not sure are already in use (I doubt I could keep on 'making up' hidden IDs foever, for example).

The only thing you could mess up are the flags. For example, don't use 800 in Ruby for example as once you picked up the item you will have access to the party screen.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

You can't affect anything by using new/different hidden item IDs - It is literally just making sure that you can't recieve the same thing twice and would have no connection to any other code. By making a new hidden item you won't be tampering with anything unless you go out of your way to radically change how the entire hidden item system works or something like that. If you're using Advance Map or another map editor don't worry about anything.

I believe that you can only go up to FF (256) hidden items anyway so you're not going to overwrite something important as you're going to be restricted to a certain space in the game's code.

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
Where did you insert the new tile? I need a pic of that in Block Editor, just to see what you did. I have a feeling you may have replaced the black blocks that make up the invisible foreground by accident, but I'm not sure.
Where are those located in the tile set?

Unfortunately, I can't post pictures yet. I don't have enough posts.

I replaced the section of black blocks in the middle of the tile set. In between the beachy/sea tiles.

1st Gen FTW

We only need 151.
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2011
Um...Fire Red DOES have more than 1 battle theme. Unless your asking for something else? If so can you be more specific?

I know it does have more than one theme, but I meant like having all of the themes there are, and then a rival theme for example because when you battle your rival it's just the regular battle theme. In other words, is there a way to have a regular battle theme, a gym leader battle theme, a champion battle theme and a rival battle theme? Or maybe even more than a rival theme?

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
When I use a warp to any map that was already created in the game, it works perfectly fine. However, when I use a warp that goes to a map that I created, it restarts the ROM.

I'm using Fire Red.

Any tips on what might be going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back