• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
When I click on a people event using advance map all these numbers come up on the right hand side. Could someone please explain what all the 4 Unknown's are used for and what the movement one is for?

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
When I click on a people event using advance map all these numbers come up on the right hand side. Could someone please explain what all the 4 Unknown's are used for and what the movement one is for?

You don't really have to worry about the unknowns until you get professional. The movement shows how often the person move I think. Now maybe you can help me with my question? :D

Years
Thanks Short Range but I would still like to know what they are for even if I don't understand. To answer your question, I can't. I'm really terible at anything to do with sprites, palletes and anything of any artistic value.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Thanks anyways. I think the second unknown has something to do with palettes and the first one is when the characters appear in the game. I'm not so sure though. I remember seeing that writen somewhere.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2008
Ok, since no one can answer my last question, heres a new one, what is the unLZ number for the pokemon logo (at the title screen), the emerald version logo, and the picture of professor rowan and the pokemon from the intro (emerald version)?

furbie22

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2008
on unLZ-GBA how do you put in a sprite someone else made that you copied and pasted off the internet

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2007
I have been using advance map to edit my Leaf Green maps
I wanted to add some maps to the right of Pallet Town
I got everything to work but the border
Everytime you go there the border is messed up
I changed the Border Block and everything
Does anyone know why the border keeps messing up???

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is there a tool that changes what pokemon appear in the wild for emerald?

Simply open you ROM with Advance Map, choose the map you want to edit and go to the Wild Pokémon view. Edit all the Pokémon as you like and save. You're done.

Is there any way to give/take money from the player character? I want my character to acquire money from something other than trainer battles.

Yes, sure there is.
The givemoney command syntax is the following:

#binary 90 XX XX XX XX YY

XX XX XX XX is a DWord (4-byte) and represents the money quantity (swapped). YY is an unknown byte as far as I know but setting it to 00 won't give problems.

how come the first 3 letter of every pokemon are chopped off?

Remember that you can always use a hex editor wich supports table files...

on unLZ-GBA how do you put in a sprite someone else made that you copied and pasted off the internet

Just import the sprite with unLZ.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
oh furbie22 and don't forget to index it. Only if anyother people index the sprite you find in internet you don't have to index it

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Okay, I need major help with my title screen.

This is how it currently looks:

titlescreenv2ar4.png

Now, what I want to do is change the "©2004 GAMEFREAK Inc." into "©2007 PMF Inc."

This is how the "©2004 GAMEFREAK Inc." looks in unLZ:

whatitisdh8.png

And this is how I've put together the replacement:

1121212pmflogozh2.gif

Now, it seems to look like it's working throughout the process...

44915385ti3.png

57180176sj7.png

But, as I finish it up, the title screen is really messed up.

69163014il9.png
46760435re2.png

I know I did something wrong (maybe the check boxes), but I need to know what (duh).

P.S. I have and have made tons of backups, so don't give me any "lol your skrewd" stuff. XD

Knoxius

Knoxskorner.com
Years
Ok I need some help with PokeScript...

Whenever I insert a Script into the game and talk to it I get a whole bunch of weird symbols and stuff.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2007
In Advance Map when i add a map the border is all messed up
i tried to change the Border Block around to see if it would work
but it keeps glitching up
why?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2007
I'm a newbie to Pokemon hacking, ive only messed around with certain tools, But ive got a pretty good idea. The bad thing is i need to be able to use D/P pokémon... So my question is:
1, is it possible to add D/P Pokemon to a FR rom
and 2, If it is how can i do it? (And put as simply as possible. (Still learning!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2007
Yes you can put D/P sprites in a FR rom
You need to use unLZ-GBA
to use that you follow these steps
1. Click "Open File" and select the rom
2. Find the pokemon you want to edit by typing in the number the top box (Bulbasaur starts it at 670)
3. Click "Save As.." and save it to the desktop
4. Right click the image and click "edit"
5. Now make a box around the perimeter of the pokemon sprite and right click and do "Clear Selection
6. Now find the Diamond or Pearl sprite (i suggest google) And click "Copy"
7. Then go back and hit "Paste" and try to keep the new sprite inside the perimeter of the old sprite
8. And if the color is wrong then you must go back to unLZ-GBA and select the right Pallete
This may glitch up if you dont do it right
Messed around with it and you will get it
This took me a awhile to do correctly

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2007
Thanks for that. =D
I guess this means that i have to get rid of a pokemon to add one?
Fair enough, its better than nothing.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2007
To change what the trainers look like in battle you have to use the program P.E.T.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2007
How do you take a screenshot of your rom hack in No$gba
Everytime i hit Screenshot nothing happens

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2007
I just click on the Screenshot button and nothing happens
in order to use pet you also need RS ball i forgot about that part
Then you go to RS Ball and go to Pokemon and go DUMP GFX BANK
Then you got to trainers and do the same thing
Then Load the Rom
Then click on the trainer you want to edit
then edit it from there
if you have anymore questions just ask

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2007
Im not exactly sure but you may try dumping the trainer back sprites and editing those

Do snapshots work like screenshots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back