• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    Can someone tell me what's wrong with this script? It's supposed to give you Togepi, ask if you want to name it, and enable the pokedex/menu.

#org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x200
    if B_true goto $gotit
    givepokemon 175 5 0
    jingle
    message $name
    $name 1 = Would you like to name Togepi?
    boxset 5
    compare lastresult b_false
    if B_true goto $done
    namepokemon
    setflag 0x828
    setflag 0x829
    giveitem 0x4 3
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org $done
    lock
    faceplayer
    setflag 0x828
    setflag 0x829
    giveitem 0x4 3
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org $gotit
    lock
    faceplayer
    release
    end

Umm this belongs in the Script Help thread in the scrapbox but I'll fix it.
    Fixes and comments in bold:

Code:
    #org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x200
    if B_true goto $gotit
    givepokemon 175 5 0
    jingle [B]I would remove this since pokescript has no jingle command.[/B]
    message $name
    $name 1 = Would you like to name Togepi?
    boxset 5
    compare lastresult b_false
    if B_true goto $done
    namepokemon
    setflag 0x828
    setflag 0x829
    giveitem 0x4 3
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org $done
    setflag 0x828 [B]You don't need lock and faceplayer again lol.[/B]
    setflag 0x829
    giveitem 0x4 3
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org $gotit
    release [B]Same as above.[/B]
    end

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2008
    Keh, I'll try it. Thanks for replying.
    EDIT: Darn, still didn't work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    I am a noob... plz be easy on me

when i make a new map and for example i into a cave and i warp inside, at times I stand in one area, and cant move anymore....

the screen is pitch black and only one tile is visible...
    i checked the paths of the warps and its all correct...

help plz

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    FHJoker said:
    how do i put them in using goldmap, arent there any specific numbers to add to the code so it can be put in with goldmap? Also how can I make some of them roam around the region like entie, suicune, and raikou?

1. GoldMap cannot do so, seeing as some of the maps are from a different bank.

2. You would need to enable the flag. The flag should be specified in the event that occurs.

Crashink said:
    I have some questions here:

1. What number is the textbox for FR in unLZ or Tile Layer Pro?
    2. How do I edit trainers in hex?

1. I think it is compressed, but it is probably located around 0x1EAD30 - 0x231C24 near the text tiles.

2. There are plenty of tutorials explaining how to do so.

ruski17 said:
    I am a noob... plz be easy on me

when i make a new map and for example i into a cave and i warp inside, at times I stand in one area, and cant move anymore....

the screen is pitch black and only one tile is visible...
    i checked the paths of the warps and its all correct...

help plz

First make sure you warp is ending up on a block that says Block 287, if it still tends to be dark then it could be a problem with your Tileset 1 or 2.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
    In my rom when Oak stops you from leaving town he says what i edited then he says something "[h4123123rf5235235][r]wefw]ef]f[cw]" pretty much babble, then he says something that he says later on in the game, and in a-text when i click to edit it his whole texting this is blank and ya can't edit it. Prob could script it or hex it or something but i can't script or text...Anyone no whats wrong?​

Roddy

Absent Scripter
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Anyone know all the offsets available for using in SetFlag command?
    It does really mess all up when I use in a range of 200-220.

Anyone?

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
    Years
    I don't get it but anyways, am I able to replace an event by ways of going into the hex editor and overwriting the event data for another person like the fat guy in New Bark town and replace it with the legendary pokemon?
    If so how?

Last edited:

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    In my rom when Oak stops you from leaving town he says what i edited then he says something "[h4123123rf5235235][r]wefw]ef]f[cw]" pretty much babble, then he says something that he says later on in the game, and in a-text when i click to edit it his whole texting this is blank and ya can't edit it. Prob could script it or hex it or something but i can't script or text...Anyone no whats wrong?​

That's the problem using A-Text. It sometimes messes up the messages. So your only options are use a backup of your hack and try again, OR learn to script.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Geraldtpokemon said:
    I canot find diamond cutter. does anyone have any links?

Try Presea's Tool Archive, in my signature.

FHJoker said:
    I don't get it but anyways, am I able to replace an event by ways of going into the hex editor and overwriting the event data for another person like the fat guy in New Bark town and replace it with the legendary pokemon?
    If so how?

Well you would have to add a new event into blank space as none of the battle events occur in the bank. I stated the code you need to put into the blank space before. Fist you would need to find the fat guy's text then find out where the pointer to that code is. So in hex, before the guy's text there should be an 00, calculate the pointer for that. Then search up, it should give you a code saying [4C][Pointer]. Now go to the start of this code in which he loads the Text Box/Font, the code should be [47], calculate the pointer from that and search down. Now you should be at the guy's pointer all you need to do is add in the new code I showed you before, also you could add in text before the battle. Now after doing that calculate the pointer for the new location (start of your code) and write it over the guy's old pointer.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Kazuma said:
    Does anyone know where I can get A-Color (Advance Color)? The link in Christos's Pallette tutorial is dead.

You can always use alternatives if you cannot find it, some include Color 2 Hex or Advance Palette Editor which comes with a colour picker.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Spoiler:

In the spoilers, I have a script. The script is for a hack I am working on. I am having trouble, I have editted it about 30-40 times, so its lucky I selected a Script Test Rom.

So now I need help from you. My script, it goes to the namepokemon screen, but it names a missingno. thing, and not the pokemon it gives. Also, I need help with vanishing sprites. Also, this is for LG, in case you need to know.

EDIT: Kazuma I replaced namepokemon with
    Code:
    #raw 0x04 0xEB 0x74 0x1A 0x08

And it messes up the game a little. The side of the screen is weird and sound stops for a split second, then returns to normal, completely skipping the naming 'session'.

Last edited:

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    You can always use alternatives if you cannot find it, some include Color 2 Hex or Advance Palette Editor which comes with a colour picker.

Oh yeah I forgot about the colour picker in APE (o_o|l|) lol Thx.

Spoiler:

In the spoilers, I have a script. The script is for a hack I am working on. I am having trouble, I have editted it about 30-40 times, so its lucky I selected a Script Test Rom.

So now I need help from you. My script, it goes to the namepokemon screen, but it names a missingno. thing, and not the pokemon it gives. Also, I need help with vanishing sprites. Also, this is for LG, in case you need to know.

Use this instead of Namepokemon:
    Code:
    #raw 0x04 0xEB 0x74 0x1A 0x08
    just insert that instead of Namepokemon.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    ROM bases are a joke, everyone who uses is them and does not edit them are to lazy to learn how to do it themselves...

Bleh...
    Keep Practicing with it, More complicated stuff than trees has been put into the ROM

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back