• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    it isn't a level script though...

You'll have to add a level script to the map, separate from your script, in order to set the flag as soon as you enter the map.

You'd only need a simple script like:

#dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    hidesprite 0xY
    setflag 0xZZZZ
    setvar 0x7000 0x1
    end

And it should mean your person will then appear when you showsprite + clear flag with no extra hassle.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    Help with dissappearing

Hello there, this is my first post. o-0

I'm somewhat experienced with pokemon scripting.
    I'm just having a small problem and would appreciate help ;)
    When I write any script where I want a sprite to permenantly dissappear, they only dissappear for a while. Then, when the script ends, they reappear. I've tried using:
    "removesprite 7"
    and
    "#raw 0x53
    #raw 0x7
    #raw 0x00"

Here is my script

#org $script
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $talk
    $talk 1 = I'm practicing my\ndissappearing act.\pPOOF!
    boxset 6
    #raw 0x53
    #raw 0x7
    #raw 0x00
    release
    end

if anyone can edit it for me, then explain what they did, I'd be grateful forever.

P.S.:I'm using pokescript for scripting, advance map, and I'm hacking FR.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • Hello there, this is my first post. o-0

I'm somewhat experienced with pokemon scripting.
    I'm just having a small problem and would appreciate help ;)
    When I write any script where I want a sprite to permenantly dissappear, they only dissappear for a while. Then, when the script ends, they reappear. I've tried using:
    "removesprite 7"
    and
    "#raw 0x53
    #raw 0x7
    #raw 0x00"

Here is my script

#org $script
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $talk
    $talk 1 = I'm practicing my\ndissappearing act.\pPOOF!
    boxset 6
    #raw 0x53
    #raw 0x7
    #raw 0x00
    release
    end

if anyone can edit it for me, then explain what they did, I'd be grateful forever.

P.S.:I'm using pokescript for scripting, advance map, and I'm hacking FR.

This should really go in script help thread, but I'll help anyway. To make the sprite permanently disappear, at the end of the script use a setflag command, and make the person ID in AdvanceMap whatever flag you set.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Does anybody have a patch or know how to remove the anti piracy block on HG and SS U roms?

I play them on a flashcart and they work fine. Perhaps you should get one of those. :3

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • does anyone know where i can get an emerald rombase with sinnoh outdoor and indoor tiles? i really suck at inserting them.
    and also, is there a tutorial on repointing sprites to the 25 ??s?
    1 more thing, i inserted some sprites with unl-z, and they were fine. i then inserted some sprites with advance sprite editor, and all pokemon's evolutions messed up i.e. the game froze when they evolved, and i've tried this on numerous fr roms. how do i fix this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    Shedinja's hex

Can anyone give me Shedinja's hex code that can be used in the format 0x_ _, etc? I tried using 0x2F in a give pokemon script, but it came up as Parasect.

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Can anyone give me Shedinja's hex code that can be used in the format 0x_ _, etc? I tried using 0x2F in a give pokemon script, but it came up as Parasect.

Thanks in advance.

Shedinja's number is 292 in the national dex so you should use 0x124

PeregrineFig

Years
  • The Hoenn Pokemon are out of order in species number, so national dex order doesn't usually work, especially with those 25 empty slots. Shedinja is species number 303, so use 0x12F.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Hey, does anyone know if there's a patch for Ruby that gives it the overworlds of FireRed?

There is none that's released. You would have to do that manually yourself. (And that's not to hard. I have one on my computer, but I'm not releasing it. I think that you shouldn't use a ROM base, and that you should make your own.)

PeregrineFig

Years
  • Open FR in your sprite-editing program of choice, find the sprite to transfer, export each frame, open Ruby, import them. It shouldn't be hard to do, because if you're transferring ALL of them, no need to worry about palettes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    So my question is, How do I make Eevee evolve into Umbreon via Moon Stone and Espeon via Sun stone without destroying it's other evolutions with Pokemon Amplifier.

PeregrineFig

Years
  • I suggest you get YAPE, then open up Eevee, remove its old Espeon/Umbreon evolutions, then add in the stone ones. It's incredibly easy to do.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    So my question is, How do I make Eevee evolve into Umbreon via Moon Stone and Espeon via Sun stone without destroying it's other evolutions with Pokemon Amplifier.

You use YAPE instead :p, you can find it in the toolbox.

edit//
    Darn I was beaten

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • does anyone know where i can get an emerald rombase with sinnoh outdoor and indoor tiles? i really suck at inserting them.
    and , is there a tutorial on repointing sprites to the 25 ??s?
    also, i inserted some sprites with unl-z, and they were fine. i then inserted some sprites with advance sprite editor, and all pokemon's evolutions messed up i.e. the game froze when they evolved, and i've tried this on numerous fr roms. how do i fix this?

just bumping my question.....

Root!

~Whee! Again! Again!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2012
    Er, Ok. I'm trying to hack a Ruby Version.
    But I have this problem. It's about Inside of Truck!

I used HackMew's Start Map Chooser Advance to stop the animation,
    and I removed the Map Scripts with Advance Map.

Now my problem is, I want that small area to be a cave theme, with a ladder.
    So I switched the tileset number and redesigned that small area.
    But when I play the game, three tiles are totally different from my design.

How do I prevent it from changing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back