• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
    Mr. Missing said:
    Thought i'd ask it again, since I didn't get any answers.

Hail
    Maybe this is cause because the program you use isn't working to well, like pet...
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Nusegi said:
    where could i create the new lighthouse????

Hail
    Check the Tutorial's page there is a thread explaining the procedures to change tiles...
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    I am working on my first ever hack. I am trying to keep it simple by just changing some pokemon and some of the trainers pokemon but, When I try to use Bewildered with fire red it says: "Supported Rom, but wild pokemon base is unspecific"

Any thing you can do to help... Taylor

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    Help a noob plz.

Umm, excuse me but can somebody write something on how to make warps work in advance map please.

Also, when i attampt to compile ANY code in ScriptED it gives me the following error.

" Runtime Error 53"
    "File not found"

Help Please!

Edit: I have found that warps work with a door. Are there any more inconspicous methods of this. Like a grass tile or something?

Last edited:

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
    tharding6 said:
    I am working on my first ever hack. I am trying to keep it simple by just changing some pokemon and some of the trainers pokemon but, When I try to use Bewildered with fire red it says: "Supported Rom, but wild pokemon base is unspecific"

Hail
    Well instead of using bewildered use AM because it's less complicate to work with and it works...
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Chronix said:
    Do i have to do anything to the hex edit to let me search for text? when i load it up all i see is Hex. Also Is there a certain way to use Dexter or is it just click type and save?
    Yes, you have to load a Table file into your Hex-Editor.

All you have to do in Dexter is to type in your changes and click on 'Save'.

mew183 said:
    where must i go in advance map 1.80 to add or change scripts........????????
    You type the offset of your Script in your Event's 'Script' box.

Kazan22 said:
    it's exactly what you said, Bank 0 I'm tempted to test it out and see if I can go to the location, like maybe make it a secret island or something

EDIT: It's not in the drop down menu it's in the Objects > Labels section at the bottem
    So you mean the Labels. Well it's possible that they actually planned more places in the game, but then decided to remove them, so the Label spaces were left over and forgot to remove.

mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    This is how it goes... I'm making scripts for new signposts and new people and the thing is when I've already tried these 2 kinds of scripts but when I select the object to say the message it only beeps one time and nothing else happens...=S I've check the $ behind the script offset, if the offset I put on the script was empty, but it's the same thing...
    Here's the example...

'-----------------------
    #org 0x765232
    msgbox 0x87612E0 '"Pois é...\nThe beta ..."

end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x7612E0
    =Pois é...\nThe beta ends here...\pWait for the next one then\nStay Sick \m/

and,

#org 0x765232
    message 0x7612E0
    boxset 0x2
    end
    #org 0x7612E0
    =Pois é...\nThe beta ends here...\pWait for the next one then\nStay Sick \m/

[[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/
    First off, the $ has to be in front of offsets in Advance-Map.

For the Script, put a psace bewteen the "=" and the "P" in the last line of the 2nd one and it should work.

Mr. Missing said:
    Help! When I try to change falkner's pokemon in gold, he gets 6 pokemon, starting with a lvl 0 slowbro that messes up the game. I changed everything, including moveset. I didn't try to add attacks where there was a 00, I just gave wooper(pidgey) tackle and watergun, and gave qwilfish(pidgeoto) tackle, watergun, and another attack I forget. I also changed FALKNER{50} to FINN{50}{00}{00}{00}. What have I done wrong?
    Thought i'd ask it again, since I didn't get any answers.
    You notice something?
    Slowbro's number in Hex: 50.
    Slowbro's level in Hex: 0.
    "FINN{50}{00}"

Try makeing sure that the name you changed Falkners to has the same amount of bytes it had before. (Fill the space up if needed.)

tharding6 said:

You can either insert the offset into your Pokeroms.ini by searching the data with a Hex-Editor, or, like mxkpkmnextu?? said, use Advance-Map for Wild Pokémon editing.

Aon said:
    Umm, excuse me but can somebody write something on how to make warps work in advance map please.

Also, when i attampt to compile ANY code in ScriptED it gives me the following error.

" Runtime Error 53"
    "File not found"

Help Please!

Edit: I have found that warps work with a door. Are there any more inconspicous methods of this. Like a grass tile or something?
    Make sure the path to your ROM is free of spaces. (Including the filename.)
    Also make sure that the ROM has to be inside your EliteMap folder.

Nusegi said:
    how do i make a script and place it on a game??????
    The questions has been answered several times. I suggest you to have a look at the previous pages of this thread.

tharding6 said:
    What does Am stan for? (I am such a noob)
    AM stands for Advance-Map.

Scizortrainer said:
    One question, in a hex editor does empty space on a ROM appear as "00 00" or "FF FF"?
    Both can indicate free space.

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    oh yeah well i got that... but after i change the pokemon and try to go back into FR it is just a blank white screen.
    PLZ HELP!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    1.Is there a tutorial for tilemolester?
    2.Can anyone show me a script which you talk to a sprite and a wild pokemon appears like Rayquaza's script?

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    Thanks for the speedy reply Scizz.
    You are God.

Still, Does anyone know if there are other tiles that allow use for warps in
    Advance map, as a door in the middle of nowwhere is sorta awkward.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
    Nusegi said:
    where can i get a tileset for Advance Map which has all the tilesets???'

Hail
    You can't but in elitemap 3.7 is included a tilecache with all the tilesets of the game, but they don't have all the tiles in 1...
    Fika
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    tharding6 said:
    oh yeah well i got that... but after i change the pokemon and try to go back into FR it is just a blank white screen.
    PLZ HELP!
    Most likely your changes have corrupted something.
    Go back to the backup of your hack and try re-doing the changes you made, to see if it was just a temporary corruption.

Christos said:
    1.Is there a tutorial for tilemolester?
    2.Can anyone show me a script which you talk to a sprite and a wild pokemon appears like Rayquaza's script?
    1. This site might help you. Though it's not for Pokémon games, it explains the basic usage.

2. A Wild Battle Script can be found in the Script Database. It's a bit different from the Rayquaza Script, but can easily be modified to imitate it.

a_bathing_ape said:
    I want to put the 4th gen of pokemon in my hack but I dont know how
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52775
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60907

Aon said:
    Thanks for the speedy reply Scizz.
    You are God.

Still, Does anyone know if there are other tiles that allow use for warps in
    Advance map, as a door in the middle of nowwhere is sorta awkward.
    Heh whoops, looks like I forgot your last question! XD

Well, not that I know. But you could easily place a Warp in an area without a door.
    That way you can warp to any place on the map that you want.

Nusegi said:
    where can i get a tileset for Advance Map which has all the tilesets???'
    From the game. Just change the used Tileset of the Map you are editing in the Header tab to the one you want to use instead.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
    Nusegi said:
    wht's a tile cache mxkpkmntnxtu?? ????????
    (lê a mensagem k eu t enviei....)

Hail
    Install elitemap 3.7 and there is a folder with all the tilesets(tilecache=)), but check the tutorials for more info...
    (Ja t adicionei...)
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back