• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
    mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    I would like to know how to make a checkitem and warp script...
    Like in the presence of a specific item the character would be warped to another map and if not it would just play a message...
    And can I create new key items for the game??
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Hail
    Can't anyone answer this to me????=S
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    hitme2k5 said:
    Hi, does anyboy know of any tools for changing what Pokémon Trainers have in FireRed? If so, could you post here. Thanks
    EDIT - I have another question, when i try and open a ROM in PET, it comes up with a message that says pokeroms.ini not found download it at helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/pokemon. But there's nothing there. I really need help with this.

Download Elite Map package with unLZ.First go to unLZ and find the sprite you want.Select save as and save it.Then open the saved pokemon sprite.Erase the other sprite first.With the pick color tool from paint do the background the same as before.Now paste the other pokemon you want to replace and make sure the background is the same as before.Then import it over the sprite you saved and select write to rom.

Snyder said:
    can any1 say what i need to get all the pokemon in emerald

i'm searching for a save game or hack to get all the pokemon

or is there a hack to get all the 3 pokmon in the bigin
    I can do a hack for you.But only first evos not and you can evolve them.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    XxGreivousxX said:
    What, this?
    Nope, the link is broken.
    No, this!
    The thread is nicely titled "AdvanceBattle request".
    Also the post is dated March 18th, therefore not that old and easy to find.

kage-kami said:
    Now for my question, to copy directly from my topic which nobody answered to =p:

"Okay, i've opened TLP and went to the offset where the badges are. I edited them to my liking and everything looked fine (I kept within the space limits, and even left the black line inbetween, as it is on the other badges)

But when I open the rom and look at the badges, they have random artifacts around the side, and through the centre is remains of the previous badge (I've even tried drawing over the black line, to no avail) and it even adds artifacts to the next badge along, even though I kept within the space limitations.

Anyone else know of this problem and how to fix it?"
    Make sure you have adjusted the tile view correctly. (Using the -/+ keys.)
    Most likely you haven't adjusted it right, and there fore have overwritten something of one badge with something of another. (Causing those artifacts.)

hitme2k5 said:
    Hi, does anyboy know of any tools for changing what Pokémon Trainers have in FireRed? If so, could you post here. Thanks
    EDIT - I have another question, when i try and open a ROM in PET, it comes up with a message that says pokeroms.ini not found download it at helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/pokemon. But there's nothing there. I really need help with this.
    Hex-Editor is the best choice.
    PET usually corrupts some of the Pokémon data when editing is. (Because of a bug when reading the data.)
    However you can use it to easily find the offset for a Trainer's Pokémon.
    What to do then has been answered just on the previous page.

The pokeroms.ini comes with EliteMap. Make sure that all files are in the same folder. (The ROM, PET, the pokeroms.ini.)

ramon99 said:
    Can you input new trainers without saving it over the old trainers (in FR)
    and how would I do that than? (if it's possible)
    As far as I know there are no free Trainer slots.
    However, if the data offsets are stored in a pointer table, you can easily repoint the table and add your new data offset at the bottom.

mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    I would like to know how to make a checkitem and warp script...
    Like in the presence of a specific item the character would be warped to another map and if not it would just play a message...
    And can I create new key items for the game??
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/
    The checkitem script has been posted on the previous pages of this thread. (Search function helps.)
    It can easily be modified to match the script you want, by adding a Warp command to the True case.

Yes, you can. If you don't want your new Item to have any special abilities, just copy the Itemdata of an existing key Item over one of the free "??????" slots.
    Then just give it a name and make it obtainable in the name. (Remember to leave important things, like the Item number just how they are. (Or change them back later on if you have overwritten them.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2006
    I need help

None of my ROMs work with elitemap, TileMolester, Or Advance Map. It says

Select ROM in the pop-up box and it doesnt show any of my Roms.

Explain Please. Thank U

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
    Scizz said:
    Yes, you can. If you don't want your new Item to have any special abilities, just copy the Itemdata of an existing key Item over one of the free "??????" slots.
    Then just give it a name and make it obtainable in the name. (Remember to leave important things, like the Item number just how they are. (Or change them back later on if you have overwritten them.)

Hail
    I don't get it what free ????? slots...=S
    And another thing when I try to compile a script it always says:

Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Loading command database...
    Empty command database detected. Program halted.

I've reamed it to testing, ect, but it doesn't chage the situation=S...
    [[]]
    Stay Sick \m/

Last edited:

The_Bunny_King

God Of The Bunnies :P
    Years
    How Do You Make A Hack?

How Do You Make A Hack I Got A PKMN ruby rom but i dont know wot to do from there plz help... im a noob :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    You have to download some Hcking Tools. See the Tools Schowcase for them. I would recomend Advancemap for mapping, but Elitemap is good aswel.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Sprite_King said:
    None of my ROMs work with elitemap, TileMolester, Or Advance Map. It says

Select ROM in the pop-up box and it doesnt show any of my Roms.

Explain Please. Thank U
    As Dashiel said, your ROMs have to have the extensions *.gba, *.agb or *.bin.
    You probably still have them compressed in a ZIP file. In that case, you have to unzip them.

mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    I don't get it what free ????? slots...=S
    And another thing when I try to compile a script it always says:

Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Loading command database...
    Empty command database detected. Program halted.

I've reamed it to testing, ect, but it doesn't chage the situation=S...
    [[]]
    Stay Sick \m/
    "???????" slots are just free Item slots (unused Items), (just like the "TERU-SAMA" items in G/S/C) which you can turn into a new Item for example.

Make sure all files are in the same folder. (ROM + ScriptED + ScriptED's files.)
    Else it doesn't find the files required for compiling.

The_Bunny_King said:
    How Do You Make A Hack I Got A PKMN ruby rom but i dont know wot to do from there plz help... im a noob :P
    A look at the stickied FAQ thread of this forum will surely help you.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    If i open FireRed in PET, i get this error: (see thumbnail)

Can somone post those pics?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    You just have to dump them using RS-Ball.
    Load RS-Ball, select your ROM and "Pokémon" from the dropdowns and click on "Dump GFX bank".
    Do the same for the Trainer pictures.
    That will fix your error.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    cyber_killer said:
    Any chance some of you have any Emerald tools? I've been searching for a starter changer, and I found Scizz responding "Hex it" to it everytime, and I'm lazy, so I'd like a tool ^^
    I'd also like a wild pokémon editor, if possible.
    And if someone happens to have a 386 patch, that'd be appreciated aswell ^^
    Well, I have a starter editor :-\
    Don't know anymore if it's working, but it's from Mewthree9000.
    He posted it on the previous forum/host..
    So, ... [Look to attachement]
    For Emerald, there are working tools like AM, EM, AdvancedText, ...

Last edited by a moderator:

ptdo

Hacker wanna-be
    Years
    First of all, hello. I'm new around here (kinda obvious, no?), either way, I'm trying to make a script for pokemon ruby (axve), and it's a sudowoodo script, where the sprite disappears after the encounter, but I'm not being successful at this last part. Could someone help me?
    Thanks in advance.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    I'm not [YET] good at scripting, but I think you can do it by changing the sprite to somme transparant thing and let it disapear from the map.
    Just put the event somewhere the player cant reach it :s

ptdo

Hacker wanna-be
    Years
    D-Trogh said:
    I'm not [YET] good at scripting, but I think you can do it by changing the sprite to somme transparant thing and let it disapear from the map.
    Just put the event somewhere the player cant reach it :s
    I do appologise, yet, I do not understand what you mean, or beter put, how to move the sprite immediatly after the event (so it gets out of the way, kinda like Snorlax in FR or Sudowoodo itself in G/S/C)
    I've tried to look at other similar scripts for the answer, but still, no luck. But do not get me wrong, I'm ver grateful for your effort :)

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    ptdo said:
    First of all, hello. I'm new around here (kinda obvious, no?), either way, I'm trying to make a script for pokemon ruby (axve), and it's a sudowoodo script, where the sprite disappears after the encounter, but I'm not being successful at this last part. Could someone help me?
    Thanks in advance.
    Add this in your script:
    Code:
    #raw 53
    #raw 02 '<- Event's Index number
    #raw 00
    The above script will hide the Event with the Index No. 2 for example.

Pokepearl said:
    How can i give the tile the GRASS ATTRIBUTE? ^^'
    You can change the behaviours of a tile with Advance-Map's Block Editor.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
    Hail
    One question... If I create a new map and I make a warp script to that map what's the reference?? like warp 0x????
    And how can I put a description i a item created by me??
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    As EliteMap's "commands.html" tells you:
    Code:
    [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][SIZE=3][B]warp (39)[/B][/SIZE]
    [FONT=Courier New]warp bBank bMap bExit[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Just replace bBank, bMap and bExit with your new Map's Bank, Map number and Warp Number to warp to.

Example: If you Map is Bank 0, Map 1 and Warp 2:
    warp 0x0 0x1 0x2

Just change the description pointer in the Item data to point to your new description text.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back