• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
Pet

Ok, I've been trying to use PET but everything is going wrong. I'm using a Pokémon Ruby ROM and i have pokeroms.ini, PET and Ruby all in the same folder... But every time i try to edit a trainer, it comes up with an error: 'pics/pkmn-04b.bmp not found' I was tryinbg to edit Roxanne. Can anybody help me?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
hitme2k5, sweetie. The thing you need to do is to export all the sprites using RS Ball. Put them in a folder named "pics" then name them accodordingly.
Example:
Bulbasuar : pkmn-001.bmp
Ivysaur: pkmn-002.bmp

Remember, you're naming by they their hexidecimal so consult a chart if ya need to sweetie.

To ssj, to edit events just edit their scripts, sweetie.

To gs135790:
- Yes, but it might require ASM hacking, and that would require some programming knowledge.
- Just change the warps Map, Map bank, and warp to. You might want to experiment and compare ofher warps to get the place you want, sweetie.

To Deka: Well here's some ghetto methods:
1. Use TLP, highlight the sprite and goto edit/export to bitmap.

Method if you just want to export and not edit.
2. Take a screenshot.
3. Open spread. Capture the screen by pressing the Print, prt scm button on your keyboard. Then open open, click on the dotted square button. the right click and paste.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
I attempted to read through all of this but 43 pages is to much so I'd like to know:

How do you change gym leaders Pokemon in advance map. If you can't use that or if there is a simpler way, what is it, and how do I do it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2006
Mertcan said:
I'm new to rom hacking and I'm trying to translate pokemon tcg into my language.
However, I have a problem.

I can reach to the words without a table editor. Opening the rom with a hex editor is enough for it.

The text is like this:
..HAND..CHECK..ATTACK..PKMN POWER..DONE..TYPE..RETREAT..WEAKNESS..RESİSTANCE..

As you see, the words are separated from each other with .. symbols which are coded as 0006. In this way, I can change the words between those symbols. For example, if I change the word ATTACK into SALDIR, which is the meaning of it in my language, I have no problem. However, if the English word is longer, I cannot translate it. For instance, as I try to translate the word DONE into BITTI moving .. symbols, the next word disappears.

Are there any solutions for this problem? How can I move .. symbols without corrupting the next word?

Thanks.
Now, I managed to find a pointer-calculation program for TCG, however I cannot turn offsets into pointers because I don't even know what a pointer is.

Are there anyone who can explain it more clearly?

Deka

New acount: Cronos
Years
Jeremy said:

To Deka: Well here's some ghetto methods:
1. Use TLP, highlight the sprite and goto edit/export to bitmap.

Method if you just want to export and not edit.
2. Take a screenshot.
3. Open spread. Capture the screen by pressing the Print, prt scm button on your keyboard. Then open open, click on the dotted square button. the right click and paste.

Euhm...

sorry, i'm kind of a n00b can you please make it more euhm.. easy :P

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2007
Problems with emerald

None of the elitemap tools (3.7) work with my Emerald roms.

when i open the rom in PET the pokemon names don't show up and it gives weird "names"
and if i select a name i get an Run time error "6" Overflow.

if i open the rom in Elitemap i get an Run time error "9" Subscript out of range.

In Base edit i get this message: Rom supported but monster base stats are not sprecified in database.

what is the problem ? i tried a few roms, all US roms.

edit: Advance map works

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2007
huh anyone know how i can make pokemon hack where are 2 diffrent story`s
like:
if u select heroin you will get lapras and there will be some new events
or if u selct hero you will get seel and there will be new events too but diffrent if u select heroin

tog5632

Neo Genesis=New Beginning
Years
Help with PET.

Hey guys, it's good to be back here. My question was whether anyone else has the same error with the trainer editing program PET as I do. Upon changing the Gym Leader's Pokemon's attacks in Pokemon Sapphire, the in-game version of their Pokemon have some very strange attacks, not the ones I set. If anyone knows what is up with it, I would appreciate an assist.
BTW: I have searched the forums pretty well for this topic and my results were inconclusive at best. I was unable to obtain a sufficient amount of information to help me.

Thanks!!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2006
Editor for Megaman.exe?

hi, i`m new to this board, i do have some expiriance in hacking pokemon games (not much, mostly advance map etc) and i was wondering if there are any Hacking tools for Megaman battle network?

thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
FR help:
how to change the shape of the badge? and how to change the effects of the badge? eg. when you take the 4th badge, all pokemon will obey you (as in the last badge) something like this.
blue version help:
how to edit the maps? i can't find any good tools.

Last edited:

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
Years
i've made 2 cave (normal level and down) i placed the battle thingy to random and placed pokes at grass but still i don't encounter pokemon cause i don't know wich tile i need 2 use
i use the evergrande tile and the ice tile (also seen at the evergrande almost down)
so my question is what tile(s because there 2) do i need 2 take just say like 2 down and 1 right from the cave tile or something like that, or is it even something else i forgot 2 do.
thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
How to?

Hi, I've been messing with Ruby and I tried to move the truck at the start, but the player still jumps out from where the truck USED to be. Can anybody help me? (If you can, try to expalin it simply :D)

SilverPluto

Super Sailor Senshi
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2006
Stupid Question...

I'm fairly new to this hacking thing....I have most of the programs but I have a question: When you make your hack, is it possible to put it back onto the handheld Gameboy?

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
Years
This should be asked in Simple Questions.

I heard there is a special USB cable that connects the GameBoy Advance with the VisualBoy Advance or whatever emulator you have and you can load the ROMs onto empty game packs.

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Can somone tell me how i can change the sprites around in fire red so that you play as the rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back