• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2006
    Whenever I use the setflag command it only stays set untill i leave the room, then it unsets. Any ideas why??

Years
  • If you would have used the search function, then you would have easily found the answers to your questions.
    Exactly what words would I type into the search box for me to find that? I tried "G/S Hacking tools" and a few other things...

And is there an english site with english tools anywhere?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Whenever I use the setflag command it only stays set untill i leave the room, then it unsets. Any ideas why??
    If the flag gets unset after you leave an area, it might be in use by another event already.
    Try using a different flags, and see if the problem still occours.

Exactly what words would I type into the search box for me to find that? I tried "G/S Hacking tools" and a few other things...

And is there an english site with english tools anywhere?
    "Gold Silver Hacking Tools" would be a good phrase to use.
    A thread that will be definatly in the results, is the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase, which contains a list of sites that offer these tools for download.
    If you would have had a look at that list, you would have found this entry:
    These are the top websites to get all your Rom-Hacking Tools & Utilities

General Sites:
    [...]
    www.romhackersworld.de.vu (German)
    As you can see, the language of the site is mentioned right after the URL.

The currently most used sites have been listed in the Hacking Tools Reference.
    However, the only listed English sites that offer tools for download, are www.romhacking.net and www.zophar.net .

There are not many English tools for the G/S/C games. Most of them are German, and have not been translated yet, which is why you'll mostly find German tools on the Websites.

DoomKitty

Local Crazed Catgirl
    Years
  • I hope this question is simple enough.....

After editing the text in my Red version, I seem to keep getting this error no matter what symbol I put at the text. As you can see, it says '48 Error'. What is this and how can I fix it? [Ironic how it ended up at the end of my text 'oh noes' lol]

pkmn2ho4.png

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Since "52" is the Event loading code for Pokemon in G/S/C what is the trainer loading code because I want to change the trainers in Pokemon Gyms using hex, does anyone know how to?

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • I hope this question is simple enough.....

After editing the text in my Red version, I seem to keep getting this error no matter what symbol I put at the text. As you can see, it says '48 Error'. What is this and how can I fix it? [Ironic how it ended up at the end of my text 'oh noes' lol]

pkmn2ho4.png
    Make sure that you put the correct "text end" command after your text. (In Hex: 57 00 ; Since I don't know what values you assigned to it in your Table file.)
    Also make sure that you didn't overwrite a Script in the text. (Prof. Oak's text in the beginning contains one, for example.)

If you verified all of that, and the error is still occouring, you should go back to the backup copy of your ROM, and try to carefully redo the changes.

Since "52" is the Event loading code for Pokemon in G/S/C what is the trainer loading code because I want to change the trainers in Pokemon Gyms using hex, does anyone know how to?
    "52" is the Hex-Command for displaying a text, not for loading Pokémon.

Gym-Leader battles use normal Trainer battle commands, they just differ in the overall script, because certain actions will be made when you beat them.

One way to start a battle could be:
    Code:
    [5D][Trainer Group][Trainer Number] - to set the Trainer
    [5E] - to start the battle
    [5F] - checks for win or loss

More detailed explanations on the command can be found in Tauwasser's Scripting Documentation.

ssj

Kanto Legend
    Years
  • When using PET is a pokemon offset do I have to create a script to battle the trainer that I edited on PET?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • When using PET is a pokemon offset do I have to create a script to battle the trainer that I edited on PET?
    When you load your ROM in PET, you will see a list of Hex numbers in front of the Trainer's name.
    Those numbers are the Trainer-Indexes.
    If you want to battle a specific Trainer, just use that value for the appropriate parameter in the "trainerbattle" command, that you are planning to insert using ScriptED.

ssj

Kanto Legend
    Years
  • So it would be something like
    #org 0x800000
    trainerbattle 005 MYBATTLEINTRO MYBATTLEDEFEAT
    message MYBATTLEAFTERWARDS
    boxset 4
    end

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • So it would be something like
    #org 0x800000
    trainerbattle 005 MYBATTLEINTRO MYBATTLEDEFEAT
    message MYBATTLEAFTERWARDS
    boxset 4
    end
    Yes, if you want to battle the Trainer with the Index 005, then your command would have to look like this:
    Code:
    trainerbattle 0 0x5 MYBATTLEINTRO MYBATTLEDEFEAT
    Just remember to replace "MYBATTLEINTRO" and "MYBATTLEDEFEAT", as well as "MYBATTLEAFTERWARDS" with the pointers to the texts that you want to use.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Is this correct ?
    #org 0x800000
    trainerbattle 0 0x5 71e067 701e068
    message 71e069
    boxset 4
    end
    Your Script is almost correct.
    Because the offsets you used are in Hexadecimal, you will have to add a leading "0x" to them, which is required for Hex values.
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    trainerbattle 0 0x5 0x0 0x71e067 0x701e068
    message 0x71e069
    boxset 4
    end

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • When I try to complie this script I get a overflow error.
    I just compiled the Script, and you're right.
    You get that error, because there was a missing parameter of the "trainerbattle" command.
    It's just a filler parameter, but it's important for it to function properly. I fixed the script in my post above.
    Also, you should re-calculate the offsets for the texts, because if you would use the ones you provided above, you would overwrite one text after another.
    Increasing the offsets by 20 bytes each should be enough for your texts to fit in.

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Now when I play the game when I talk to the trainer nothing happens.
    I just compiled the Script to a clean ROM, and it is working just as desired.
    Make sure that you assigned the Script to an actual Event on the Map. (By changing it's Script-offset to the one you compiled your Script to. (800000 in this case.))

Just in case that you still have an error in your Script, use this one:
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    trainerbattle 0 0x5 0x0 0x71e067 0x701e078
    message 0x71e089
    boxset 4
    end

#org 0x71e067
    = Text 1

#org 0x71e078
    = Text 2

#org 0x71e089
    = Text 3

DoomKitty

Local Crazed Catgirl
    Years
  • Sorry to bug you guys again^^; I feel like such a newbie...
    Okay, so I got the first issue straightened out. I just had to work with the backup copy of my ROM. Now, here's the next issue: After the part where Oak gives his intro and before he asks what your name is, my hack freezes up. I think it has something to do with the hex but I'm not sure. [I'm hacking PKMN Red btw]. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Years
  • Elite Map Question

Erm, sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I'm currently trying to make the path to get to Oak's Parcel on a hack for Pokemon FireRed, but I don't know how I can make a doorway on the map. How do you add a shortcut to that Mart in there?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Sorry to bug you guys again^^; I feel like such a newbie...
    Okay, so I got the first issue straightened out. I just had to work with the backup copy of my ROM. Now, here's the next issue: After the part where Oak gives his intro and before he asks what your name is, my hack freezes up. I think it has something to do with the hex but I'm not sure. [I'm hacking PKMN Red btw]. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    This looks to be a problem of the same kind as you had before.
    Again, check for the "text-ending" command (57 00 ; Hex) after your edited texts.
    Also make sure that you didn't extend one of the texts over the former length. (That is only possible with repointing.)

If you don't see anything that could be wrong, the easiest way to fix it would be to go back to your backup copy once again.

Erm, sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I'm currently trying to make the path to get to Oak's Parcel on a hack for Pokemon FireRed, but I don't know how I can make a doorway on the map. How do you add a shortcut to that Mart in there?
    While in EliteMap, go to the "Obkects" tab, and the "Exits" tab.
    There, CTRL+Click on the "Repoint" button, and enter an offset to free space and the number of Warps that you want to have on that map.
    Your new Warp will be located in the top left corner of the map, and you can customize it to lead to the Viridian Market.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back