• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
Okay, I'll take a chance at this, seeing's I've had this problem for as long as I've had PET, and it's never been resolved.

When I start up PET, everything runs smoothly, save one thing; the Pokemon's attacks do not show up. The four boxes are blank. On some of them, the boxes have strange attacks, like Roxanne's Nosepass with Silver Wind/Fire Blast/Growl/Curse or something to that effect.

I've redownloaded it multiple times, and each time I have the same problem. All I want to know is if I can still modify trainers if the attacks are incorrect to begin with (or nonexistant); I just don't want to mess with editing the trainers without knowing the attacks and things will end up what I want them to be.

Thanks.

P.S. It is a clean ROM; nothing's been hacked yet.

P.P.S. Is there a tutorial for editing trainers in a hex editor on this site? I used to do it to Red - Crystal all the time, but when I tried to do it in RS, it didn't work...

-searches-

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
help..

when i started my dimensia,essence of the elements hack, when i try to evolve a PKMN, the screen turns bluish green and blanks out.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Scizz?

DarknessMonkey

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2009
IPS file reader?

I was wondering if there was an IPS file reader or some special tool that I need to play the demos/complete versions of hacks from the hacks showcase.

I have a regular emulator, but that isn't working.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2006
Another problem...

Ok. I am trying to get a new Man. I have gone into A-Map and made a new Event, and entered this info:
Prob.png

However when I try and open it in E-Map to edit some maps, it crashes. The script of set is: $7B2B00 and the script is:
Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x7B2B00
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x7B0A54
message 0x7B2C00
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x7B0A54
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x800
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x7B1D54
if 1 0x7B0D54
end

#org 0x7B1D54
message 0x7B1A54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x9B 0x05 0x00
end

#org 0x7B0D54
message 0x7B1B54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x98 0x05 0x00
end

#org 0x7B1A54
= Hello sir, here's a Cyndaquil!

#org 0x7B1B54
= Hello miss, here's a Chikorita!

#org 0x7B2C00
= How's that Pok?mon doing?

Also when I play the game, where the events are supposed to eb there is noting and Oak doesn't stop you. You can't walk where the events were though. Any help would be great!!!

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
Years
Hail
Well, another simple question that goes like this:
When I try to change the number of people of in a map everything seems to be fine, but when I go check in the rom the people disappear and I can't also enter in the houses =S! Any suggestions??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick \m/

Enter-Shikary

I'm Back
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2007
whene i complie my script whit rom and change the script offset number in a-map
my people don?t say anything

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
help me... i need 2 edit the pkmn for brock and misty... yet i cant find their pkmn in hex... can sum1 giv me the offsets 4 fr?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Jonny Buuz said:
Okay, I'll take a chance at this, seeing's I've had this problem for as long as I've had PET, and it's never been resolved.

When I start up PET, everything runs smoothly, save one thing; the Pokemon's attacks do not show up. The four boxes are blank. On some of them, the boxes have strange attacks, like Roxanne's Nosepass with Silver Wind/Fire Blast/Growl/Curse or something to that effect.

I've redownloaded it multiple times, and each time I have the same problem. All I want to know is if I can still modify trainers if the attacks are incorrect to begin with (or nonexistant); I just don't want to mess with editing the trainers without knowing the attacks and things will end up what I want them to be.

Thanks.

P.S. It is a clean ROM; nothing's been hacked yet.

P.P.S. Is there a tutorial for editing trainers in a hex editor on this site? I used to do it to Red - Crystal all the time, but when I tried to do it in RS, it didn't work...

-searches-
No, there isn't a tutorial here, yet.

The reason for no attacks (or disabled selection) is that only a few trainers have attack data for their Pokémon. (Mostly the important ones like May and Brendon.)
The others use default attacks of the Pokémon.

There seems to be some misinterpreting of the data/offsets in PET, which make the attacks diplay incorrect.
Theoretically if you don't change the attacks, nothing should get messed up.
However there's still a possibility, so you should try it out.
But keep a bacup of your ROM before editing.

Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
when i started my dimensia,essence of the elements hack, when i try to evolve a PKMN, the screen turns bluish green and blanks out.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Scizz?
Why always me? XD

Well, seems like you corrupted the routine by some editing you did.
Go back to your backup and redo the changes and see if this still happens.

Ice_Dragon said:
Ok. I am trying to get a new Man. I have gone into A-Map and made a new Event, and entered this info:

However when I try and open it in E-Map to edit some maps, it crashes. The script of set is: $7B2B00 and the script is:
Also when I play the game, where the events are supposed to eb there is noting and Oak doesn't stop you. You can't walk where the events were though. Any help would be great!!!
I see nothing wrong with the data you entered for your event or your script.

But as you're telling your trigger events of Prof Oak disappeared, it seems like your have corrupted your event data.

Try what is described here.

mxkpkmnextu?? said:
Hail
Well, another simple question that goes like this:
When I try to change the number of people of in a map everything seems to be fine, but when I go check in the rom the people disappear and I can't also enter in the houses =S! Any suggestions??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick \m/
Same for you. Try what is described here.

killspear said:
whene i complie my script whit rom and change the script offset number in a-map
my people don�t say anything
Check the offset.
Enter the offset you compiled it to in the script offset box. Don't forget the leading "$".

Richard5635

The Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • -
  • Seen Jan 30, 2011
Pokemon Crystal hacking tools

I wanted to download pokemon crystal hacking tools at pokedrome.com, but i can't download the file. The download link for the file is at avhacksforum.5gigs.com. Please help me upload the file......:)

topiser

How do you play an ips?I have everything I need but dont know how to play the the ips.Please help!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Richard5635 said:
I wanted to download pokemon crystal hacking tools at pokedrome.com, but i can't download the file. The download link for the file is at avhacksforum.5gigs.com. Please help me upload the file......:)
There are a couple of other sites linked in the Hacking Tools Reference other than Pokédrome.
On Rom-Hacker's World for example you can get all G/S/C tools you need.

topiser said:
How do you play an ips?I have everything I need but dont know how to play the the ips.Please help!
Why don't you read the stickied threads?
We have them for a reason you know? ;)
The FAQ has a nicely explained answer for your question.

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
Years
1: I edited the team magma guy in petalburgwoods but i did gave him a torchic with pet so when i battled him the whole screen turned purple what can i do to get i back normal and is it because of pet (so edit the trainers pkmn)
2: i edited the brendan sprite in unlz but when i play the rom and click on new game the game starts over how can i get this normal ?

Last edited:

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
problem

i have one problem:
I edited a couple of things in AM. Then I opened up my hack in Elitemap and this showed up (see attachment)

My game is Firered version.

Is it because I edited it in AM? Is it possible that if you edit something in AM you can't open up the file in Elitemap? If so its fine with me, I just liked Elitemap better because you can switch levels easily.

Anyone know the answer?

2. Does anyone know where the title screen in Firered is? You know the letters that say "Fire Red". I am searching for it in Unlz.gba but I can't find it. Does anyone know the number of it? (You know, 78, 1618, etc.)

Last edited:

Spazzup

umm
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 9, 2008
Reploid: It's not just possible, it's definite. LU-HO appears to hate Kawa with a passion and vice-versa :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
I need to know how to edit the legendary Pokemon battles in Emerald Version. Poketronic 0.7 with the INI update doesn't work ( I found script offsets myself for all the battles and it told me "Load not supported" ). (Rayquaza Script at $23979A, Latias/Latios Script at $242AC4, Kyogre Script at $23B01B, Groudon Script at $23B0EC , Regiice Script at $238F58, Regirock Script at $22DA02, Registeel Script at $23905A.)

EDIT: ARGH. I now know why I can't see Steven's trainer battle and, most likely, the Frontier Brains too... It's because PET can't see past Emerald's trainer #2B5 (hex), and Steven's battle is #324 (hex)! Trainer data is at $310059. Is it possible to edit the Trainers beyond #2B5 (Fisherman Chris)?

Thank you very much.
-Supakitsune

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Problem with PET

When i want to change pokemon in PET i got 2 options: 1. Pokemon are as pictures, but then i can change at one klick only +1 or -1, so it takes long, until i get pokemon, that i want.
2. I make option "show as text", but i don't have then real pokemon names. There are only "{\h49'\tdd[d]p\..." or something like this. How can i fix it?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Shaneypoo17 said:
help me... i need 2 edit the pkmn for brock and misty... yet i cant find their pkmn in hex... can sum1 giv me the offsets 4 misty and brocks pkmn in fr?

&H23C610 for Brock, &H23C630 for Misty. Need anything else, highness? ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back