• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2006
    need some unlzGBA fire red offset please

i tryed to search but found nothing!
    where the hack are all the intro sprites?
    the hero/female hero
    oak
    gary
    i can find them but not the spirtes that shown in the begining
    please HELP

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    XxGreivousxX said:
    What? How do you do/get that?
    You visit a Site mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference, download the Tools and just edit it.
    A Tutorial on how to edit texts with a Hex-Editor is posted in the Tutorial forum.
    Same for an Advance-Text Tutorial.
    When using PET, you can easily change the name after you selected a Trainer.

Aon said:
    I'm using introEd and Advance map to change the start.
    I've done it, and completly removed to starting bit with mom talking.
    However I mus have screwed something up as now, whenever i enter the house, the Latios event triggers. (the T.v. one) Veiwing this ounce dosn't fix it and it keeps on coming back. Btw thank you Scizz.
    Level Scripts are a thing of their own at the moment.
    Most likely your editing of said Script has corrupted something in the House Map.
    The easiest would be to go back to your backup copy and redo the changes you made.

Acses said:
    i tryed to search but found nothing!
    where the hack are all the intro sprites?
    the hero/female hero
    oak
    gary
    i can find them but not the spirtes that shown in the begining
    please HELP
    The Intro sprites are all uncompressed, therefore you can not find/edit them with unLZ-GBA.
    You have to do it with Tile Layer Pro or Tile-Molester.
    Their offsets have been posted in this thread, so I suggest you to go through the previous pages. (The search function will be helpful too.)

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    ok this is a basic problem with emulation, since it occurs in all of my advance roms. Whenever i play emerald, fr, lg, or sapphire, whenever i try to throw a poke ball the emulator always freezes up and i have to start from the last point. I'm using VBA v1.71 for mac os x. I won't say where i got the roms. I can't catch any pokemon because of this!

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    I hack Fr, and i'm a little bit confused, because if somebody trow a pokeball, i get this: (See image -- Lot of hearts flowers etc.) But, that hack is crashed... How can i do that effect again in my new rom?

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    hi i just started hacking ruby but how do i change the Boy/Girl Trainer,Gym leader and sprites of char and the sprites of the pokemon when you see them out of a fight can som tell me how do i extract or change them.

Thanks.

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    Zereox, you cn change the pokemons sprites in Pokepic. Find the pokemon, the extract the pic you want. Edit, then import it back in.
    You can also use Ulnz.gba, however, then you have a minor worry of Shiney/Non Shiney palettes.

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    Sorry, I didn't see that you were using a mac. I should have lookedmore carefully.
    I don't know much about emulation on macs.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Shining Salamence said:
    ok this is a basic problem with emulation, since it occurs in all of my advance roms. Whenever i play emerald, fr, lg, or sapphire, whenever i try to throw a poke ball the emulator always freezes up and i have to start from the last point. I'm using VBA v1.71 for mac os x. I won't say where i got the roms. I can't catch any pokemon because of this!
    This seems to be a problem with your VBA for Mac, since it's working on the windows version.
    Either try downloading a newer Version, or submit a bug report to the developers.

Pokepearl said:
    I hack Fr, and i'm a little bit confused, because if somebody trow a pokeball, i get this: (See image -- Lot of hearts flowers etc.) But, that hack is crashed... How can i do that effect again in my new rom?
    What image?
    Maybe you should post an actual image, so we know what you're talking about.

robkellas said:
    how do you change the main menu of pokemon gold?
    Define "change the main menu of pokemon gold".
    Do you just want to change the entries? (Text editing)
    Do you want to change what things are displayed?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Most likely you have used the wrong amount of parameters for a command/have used an invalid parameter.
    Mind posting the script here?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Code:
    #autobank on
    #org 0x6B0000
    message 0x71A56C
    boxset 0x4
    end

#org 0x71A56c
    =Wait! Don't go out!
    That should work.
    You simple had to put the "end" on a new line.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    Scizz said:
    Code:
    #autobank on
    #org 0x6B0000
    message 0x71A56C
    boxset 0x4
    end

#org 0x71A56c
    =Wait! Don't go out!
    That should work.
    You simple had to put the "end" on a new line.

Thank you, it compiled. But now I edited what some random guy in Pallet Town said with the offset to test it out and they don't say anything at all, they don't even turn when you try to talk to them.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Well, you have to add that to the script too.
    Code:
    #autobank on
    #org 0x6B0000
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0x71A56C
    boxset 0x2
    release
    end

#org 0x71A56C
    = Wait! Don't go out!
    Also corrected an error in the boxset command.
    Why would you want the box to stay open if nothing happens after the text has been said? o.o
    4 means stay open, 2 means close after keypress.
    Tested and it should work.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    Scizz said:
    Well, you have to add that to the script too.
    Code:
    #autobank on
    #org 0x6B0000
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0x71A56C
    boxset 0x2
    release
    end

#org 0x71A56C
    = Wait! Don't go out!
    Also corrected an error in the boxset command.
    Why would you want the box to stay open if nothing happens after the text has been said? o.o
    4 means stay open, 2 means close after keypress.
    Tested and it should work.

Sorry to keep bugging you but, now the game freezes up when I talk to the person.
    Also, when I start the game the screen stays white and I have to load my save from the menu.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    every time i replace a trainer with unlz, all his colours r changed, and i dont know how to get the right colour pallete....can someone help?And now, when i try to load a message apears to me that says: compressed size is: 38C. Which is too big. Aborting. Wht's this suposed to mean???

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2007
    Criptexa said:
    And now, when i try to load a message apears to me that says: compressed size is: 38C. Which is too big. Aborting. Wht's this suposed to mean???

When you save it untick the box that says "Auto abort if image is bigger". That should solve it. But no matter what it will save with 16 colors.

And my question...is there anyway to get it to 16 colors without loosing quality?/Use more colors than 16?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back