• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genetic Clone

New Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2006
    Hi Everybody
    Is there a Editor for all the stuff? I heared about the pokemob or some but that one isnt for public:(

Pikachu_King

Sith Lord: Darth PK
    Years
    Genetic Clone said:
    Hi Everybody
    Is there a Editor for all the stuff? I heared about the pokemob or some but that one isnt for public:(
    pokemod was an april fools day joke, 2 years in a row, but people sitll fell for it.

though mewthree is working on an awesome tool that does almost anything.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
    I'm trying to add one of my own Pokemon creations into the game.

The images are interlaced PNGs.

I've tried PokePic which just gives a discoloured image of the original Pokemon and the program that comes with EliteMap (there's a tutorial for it here on PC). When I use that program, it doesn't even display the Pokemon sprites.. it's just a bunch of dissolved images of various sizes (large and small), looks like it could be maps.

Any alternatives or something I can do to fix these problems? Do the images need specific dimensions in order to work? I have them cropped down to as small as they can be.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2008
    i tried to put in james in a pokemon game with unlz and it worked but later i wanted to change him a little bit and now i can't write him to the rom it says size is too big 2A0 but the only thing i did was add colors and change some (i took the colors from the original hero picture and james will be the hero)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Fusioneer said:
    i tried to put in james in a pokemon game with unlz and it worked but later i wanted to change him a little bit and now i can't write him to the rom it says size is too big 2A0 but the only thing i did was add colors and change some (i took the colors from the original hero picture and james will be the hero)

When you write the sprite to the rom untick "Abort if size is bigger"

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Christos said:
    When you write the sprite to the rom untick "Abort if size is bigger"

Uh, no. That's the worst advice you can give. 'Untick'ing that box could over-write important data, and then the hacker's rom is toast... ._.

Burn-unit

Sniff...Scizz...you bring a tear to my eye...those were truly inspirational words. Hi, I am a newb, but a 'bursting' newb. No, not full of pork pies or anything, but always got ideas up in tha ol' noggin'. And I've got wicked pokemon ideas. So...can someone point me in the right direction for hacking kit, and what I should REALLY be using. Thanx, peace out.

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    I'm scared, but you can find help in Docs+Tut's part of the forum. You can find some usful hacking tools in the Tools Showcase part. And yes Scizz is a god.

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    This might be in thw rong place, but im not really sure so sorry if it is. I just download VBA and downloaded a few saved game files, just wondering why they dont show up when i click "Open"
    Thanks in advance.

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    You can't just open a save file. You open the respective rom then if the romname and save game name are the same+ they both are and from EXACT same rom then you just open it ingame, like you would a game on a normal gba.

Now, this may belong in simple q's, but it seemed more appropriate here.

I think this is cos of a Truck level scrpt. I edited the starting map using introED.
    (Trainers room)

This is part of my edited Back of truck map. I cannot explain the glitch, but thats why i'm asking isn't it?

Does anyone have any info on why either of these may have ocured.

Last edited by a moderator:

psyduck101

Read the **** post bellow ><
    Years
    I'm playing the ROM of Hey You Pikachu on my 1964 emulator, is there a plug in to get the voice thing to work (i already have a working microphone) i was just wondering...

could, if it exists, someone, give me a link...

thanx

psyduck101

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Can anyone plz tell me...

Anyone please tell:

How can i fix this in unLZ GBA, I have opened Pokémon Emerald:

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    Psyduck, there is not currently any plugin which allows the voice input required for "Hey You, pikachu!". As it is only needed for one game, I doubt anyone will bother either.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    Hi,Im using Usenti(beacause you see palette and can change it) to change my pokemon sprite but how do i change the palette whitout making the image UN-Indexe when i import it whit UNLZGBA.

Secon Question-----------------------------------

What are the GOTO number to go to the Trainer sprites in ULZGBA.

Thanks to anyome responding and helping me make my Hacks Possible.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Everytime I edit a map in either EliteMap or AdvanceMap, the ROM fails to load in VisualBoyAdvance.
    What am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Perappu said:
    Uh, no. That's the worst advice you can give. 'Untick'ing that box could over-write important data, and then the hacker's rom is toast... ._.

No, if the sprite was sure not resized then nothing will happen.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    How in the!?

Okay, I'm totally new to all this stuff, i was just searching google to find some screenshots and found this. I was like, "How do people change the games?" So, I'm sorry if someone asked this before but this looked interesting to make the games different, but, how do you even do that? I mean give me the basics, begginer stuff, what you need, and how to start off. Please an thank you!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    tiger778 said:
    Well what one is better for hacking?
    Advance Map

Trainer_Kris said:
    Okay, I'm totally new to all this stuff, i was just searching google to find some screenshots and found this. I was like, "How do people change the games?" So, I'm sorry if someone asked this before but this looked interesting to make the games different, but, how do you even do that? I mean give me the basics, begginer stuff, what you need, and how to start off. Please an thank you!

Search in Tools Showcase
    All programs are there,for mapping,scripting...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back