• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aon

Shadow Master
Years
  • I don't think so. I think you will have to Hex it to be truthful. Or wait for poketronic.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    Is there a version of EM, that can open Emerald?
    I try it with 3.7 but i get an runtime error..

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2006
    need help plss

i downloaded pokemon emerald but its only up to the league it can't go no further, can anyone help me out with where i can download the complete version , the other problem i am gettin is that the one i download has no time its saying the internal battery has run dry plss help me out

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    okay, so I have this sapphire ROM and Hex Workshop, what do I do now? It's just a bunch of symbols on the ROM and numbers on Hex!

How do I test my game? Do you put the pokemon sapphire cartridge in the computer?!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Pokepearl said:
    Is there a version of EM, that can open Emerald?
    I try it with 3.7 but i get an runtime error..

It doesn't work with emetald,you have to wait for the next version..
    A starter changer is DS starter changer

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    roger said:
    i downloaded pokemon emerald but its only up to the league it can't go no further, can anyone help me out with where i can download the complete version , the other problem i am gettin is that the one i download has no time its saying the internal battery has run dry plss help me out

ROMs and links to ROMs aren't allowed here on PokeCommunity (or the PokeCommunity chatroom... <.<).

Trainer_Kris said:
    okay, so I have this sapphire ROM and Hex Workshop, what do I do now? It's just a bunch of symbols on the ROM and numbers on Hex!

How do I test my game? Do you put the pokemon sapphire cartridge in the computer?!

No, and if you were to stick the cartridge in your computer, it wouldn't be working much longer... o.o
    To hack your ROM, you need AdvanceMap or EliteMap to start out. You'll find those in the Tools and Important Files thread in Tools showcase.

To test out your ROM, you should use VisualBoyAdvance.

And Christos, what the flying fish is DS Starter Changer? At least provide a link to it... .-.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
  • How do you figure out a new room's offset value?

The new rooms I made and linked together with the main map work, but it's just a black screen when I enter them. I was told it had something to do with the offset value.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Kitty Face said:
    How do you figure out a new room's offset value?

The new rooms I made and linked together with the main map work, but it's just a black screen when I enter them. I was told it had something to do with the offset value.

If you have adv.map 1.80/1.81 then you can search for the offset.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Okay, I have Advance Map, but i only understand the physical feature part, not the events, movement, and all the other stuff. When I changed where the houses were, and I tested the game, my mom took me in an invisible house and when i got out i couldn't go in any house.

I also got SSC3 and I have no clue how to work that. I need a sprite editor too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Trainer_Kris said:
    Okay, I have Advance Map, but i only understand the physical feature part, not the events, movement, and all the other stuff. When I changed where the houses were, and I tested the game, my mom took me in an invisible house and when i got out i couldn't go in any house.

I also got SSC3 and I have no clue how to work that. I need a sprite editor too.

Adv.Map can't change the location u start and u should change the warps in the events view so that they can match with thh houses.And the movement permissions view so that u can move!!!
    A sprite editor is MS Paint!
    Just use the magnifier and edit block by block.
    SSC3 is for creating scripts, you create them and use scriptED to add your scripts in a rom

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    can someone tell me the numbers of the offsets of the gym badges of emerald (on unlz)???

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    How many times is this gonna be asked...? .-.

It's impossible to add night to the Pokemon Advance games, unless you use the Weather Effect "Bit dark", and even then, you can only use it if you want it to be night in every area or something dumb like that... o.o

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    You can add a script that when u talk to someone it gets a bit dark but with hex i think you can make the bit dark at six o' clock according to your clock and sunny in the morning...

Criptexa said:
    can someone tell me the numbers of the offsets of the gym badges of emerald (on unlz)???
    156:Hoenn
    157:Kanto

Evil_Sasuke said:
    Can some one tell me how to insert a script ?
    With scriptED,comes with EliteMap package
    Write the script you want save it as an .rbc and then compile it in the rom.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    Can someone help me te make a script for emerald, that:

the guy says:

Here! Take this! If you learn it to one of your pokémon, it can surf over the water!

And than he's giving you the HM surf.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
  • reekingofrandomness said:
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

but when i try to open my Fire Red rom with Elite map i get 'Invalid map pointers in INI'

I'm not much of a hacker, really, I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing myself, but if it's previously been edited, the ROM may be damaged, that's happened to me a couple of times for no reason where I'll get strange errors. Whenever you're making a hack make sure you make back-up copies just in case something goes wrong.

Try getting a fresh ROM that you're positive works with no hacking done to it, to make sure the program is working right. ^_^

PikaPook

Just A Happy Rom Hacker:)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Scripting

Someone Have tutorial for scripting in scripted?
    and i dont understand,
    how do i find offests of scripts?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back