• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
Years
  • PikaPook said:
    Someone Have tutorial for scripting in scripted?
    and i dont understand,
    how do i find offests of scripts?

Hail
    Check for the tutorial in the tutorial page in this forum
    The offsets you can find by using a program like hex workshop the offsets with FF bytes are free for you to use
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Pokepearl said:
    How can i edit the Pokémon Grass animation?

Hail
    Use AM 1.8.1 (Advance map 1.8.1) block editor...
    Select byte behavior and choose the option you want
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Evil_Sasuke

Banned
    Years
  • Hey can some one help me out. I'm trying to recreate the sproute tower from gold in my new hack i'm working on and i tried putting pokemon in the tower but they dont pop up at all. The tower im using is a building from rustboro city. Also i edited the tiles that you walk on so i don't know if its because of that or what but even when i put the tile behavior to grass animation(pokemon) but still no pokemon are coming out. So can anyone help me out? Here's a pic from the tower:
    [Archive] Simple Questions

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
    Years
  • Could anybody explain the process of importing/replacing tilesets? In advance map 1.8 I was able to extract tilesets from the block editor, however I was unable to import them back into the tileset (the load tileset option was grayed out).

Also is it possible to alter the palette for tilesets? I've already looked at the palette offsets in VBA, but I could not match them up in unLz or advance map 1.8. I'm really lost about modifying the palettes...and their locations.

Lastly, is there a way to edit the tilsets by use of unLZ? I think I found part of one tileset around id 6-7, but I could not find the appriate palette. So in reality I have no idea what it was.

I'm very familiar with replacing pokemon and trainer graphics (sig has some examples). I'm able to also edit pokemon palettes as well...but these tilesets are giving me alot of trouble.

Thank you whoever can answer these question ^-^

*I've done a complete search of this thread also, checking all tileset related posts, the few answers I found were abit too cryptic for me

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    is there a way to make my give the color palletes my characters have? i mean is there a way to make the characters i import with unlz have the original colors they had and not the colors of the characters for which i replaced them?

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
    Years
  • @Criptexa: Yes it is ^^.

-when you import your character into UnLZ click the 'export palette' option.
    (That will replace the original sprites palette, with the palette of the imported sprite.)

-unlZ automatically selects the proper palette for pokemon however...

-BE VERY careful when doing so with trainers
    (you must search for the original palette that the trainer used)

Also remember:
    -you may only use the first 15 colors of your sprite, and one of those colors is transparency

If you need help finding a trainers palette, let me know I was writing down the offsets of a few of them.

Good luck =3

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Can anyone tell me a good stats editor like PA for emerald and link and Pokemon Name Editor for emerald?

PikaPook

Just A Happy Rom Hacker:)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Inserting Bytes

Hello All.
    Me and my partner need to translate Pokemon Ruby to ur language
    but we ned more bytes for text,
    and when we insert more bytes the game is crashed
    what to do?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Sweetie, you don't need to insert more bytes just for text. Just repoint it, sweetie. There's enough space in the ROM for extra lines of text.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    I've maked a script:
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    message 0x800050
    boxset 0x2
    end
    #org 0x800050
    =Misschien is het beter als LAPRAS, met jou mee gaat.
    checkflag 0x800200
    if 0 0x800200
    setflag 0x800300
    if 0 0x800300
    setflag 0x801
    givepokemon 0x83

Is it a good script?
    And how to instert it in my hack?

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
  • Criptexa said:
    i've changed the grass tile, and now i wanna know how can i change the grass animation...plz help....

Hail
    I think you have to use TM(Tile Molester) or TPL2002(Tile Layer Pro 2002) for that...
    Parabens ja agora=))!!
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    Can someone help me, to change this:

If you defeat Roxane, you can use surf, and the guy in Rustboro, that gives you CUT, is giving you SURf...

PLeas

I've maded a script with Simpel Script Creator, but how can i insert him in my game?

Last edited by a moderator:

burnthechavs

The best at being the worst...
    Years
  • EliteMap/Hex programs problems

Hey, im trying to do a new hack, and i know exactly how to do it but i just CANT!!!

This is because,
    1) when i hold control and click something with elitemap, SCRIPTS DONT SHOW UP!! any suggestions

2) Alot of the tools i download keep saying damaged or wen i unzip, theres nothing there, or missing folders

3) any hex program i try running (hexposure, transhexlation, etc) just dont work, and it says 'There has ben an error and microsoft must close 'program name'' everytime i open the rom

Is there special files i need to view these? any suggestions?

please help, and ill put ur name on the hack too!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    That's doubleposting, but now about the script: Copy it by ctrl+c and in the elitemap folder open Scripted and paste it. Now click on Compile button and choose name. Name can't be too long, so if you have e.g. Ruby, name it Ruby, not Pokémon Ruby... And no spaces. Hope it helps.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    I do compile, and name it 'Ruby', but if i click on SAVE, i get this:

STD.RBH NOT FOUND!

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • This is not a help board you know ?
    Someone will move this ;-)

1) I don't really know, maybe you renamed ScriptED ?
    2) Try redownloading them, or else try to redownloading WinRAR/ZIP
    3) Make sure you have downloaded the missing files or that your version of Windows can run that tool

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Pokepearl said:
    I do compile, and name it 'Ruby', but if i click on SAVE, i get this:

STD.RBH NOT FOUND!

You need to have std.rbh from the elite map folder in the folder you put the game,scripted,the scripts in .rbc and the folder mustn't have spaces.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back