• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquinn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2007
    Yeah...

In Pokemon Gold.

I want the people in the 8th gym (Clair's gym) to have rocket music instead of the other music of when you're in battle with them. I could use HEX if someone told me how to edit the music during in battle with a trainer.

Many thanks Jermeny <3

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I've realized something else about the limits to Pokemon sprites. Not only does the image have to be 63x63, but also the Pokemon part of the image can't be any bigger than the original Pokemon image. If it is bigger, then it gets all messed up at the bottom. Is there any way to fix this? (I'm going to be replacing Wurmple with Masukippa, and there's NO way I could shrink it to that size without distorting it too much.)

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Hey, I have a question about the progray PAttEd

I was wondering if I can add a new teachable attack through that program.
    Like say a pokemon learns 7 attacks through level up, i was wondering if i can add an attack so it would learn 8.
    Is that possible?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    Okay, I searched the thread, and I saw this question but it wasn't answered.

Now, I made my script, and compiled it successfully, and I set that script to a sign. But it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the script, or what. For future, reference, here's the script I'm using.

Code:
    #org 0x800100
    message 0x800100
    boxset 0x2
    end
    #org 0x800100
    = City Gym

try this:
    Code:
    #org 0x8A0000
    message 0x8A0100
    boxset 0x2
    end
    #org 0x8A0100
    = City Gym

You can't have 800100 at the first #org and at the last #org.
    I have gave all the offsets an A, because of maybe you already compiled 800000 before.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    In Advance Map, how do I set the music in a place to the desert music? The music in Route 111 changes when you go to the desert but it is still part of the same map. (I know that there is a Music setting under the Header view.) Does it automatically change to that music when you set the weather to sandstorm?

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
    Years
    Converting Sprites

Hi, I'm a n00b at hacking, so I was wondering if there would be a simple way to patch the graphics from fr/lg to g/s easily, while keeping the maps intact? Any help appreciated. ;)

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Hi, I'm a n00b at hacking, so I was wondering if there would be a simple way to patch the graphics from fr/lg to g/s easily, while keeping the maps intact? Any help appreciated. ;)

Are you asking is there a patch to apply GBA graphics from FR/LG to the GBC games G/S? Nope sweetie. If there was sweetie, there wouldn't be that many GSC remakes now would it? You could do it yourself, but the limitations on the colors and size might not make it look exactly like FR/LG. Or you could hack FL/LG and mimic the maps.

In Advance Map, how do I set the music in a place to the desert music? The music in Route 111 changes when you go to the desert but it is still part of the same map. (I know that there is a Music setting under the Header view.) Does it automatically change to that music when you set the weather to sandstorm?

In Advance Map, in the head view, in the Map options. The box next to music that says Specify, type in this value: 0199.
    And to answer your other question, sweetie, no it doesn't. There's a script (well several but they all the the same thing) in Route 111 that when you walk in that area of the route, the background music will change and the weather effects kick in.

Hey, I have a question about the progray PAttEd

I was wondering if I can add a new teachable attack through that program.
    Like say a pokemon learns 7 attacks through level up, i was wondering if i can add an attack so it would learn 8.
    Is that possible?

It is indeed quite possible, sweetie, all you need to do is repoint the Pokémon's data to a blank offset using the PattED.

I've realized something else about the limits to Pokemon sprites. Not only does the image have to be 63x63, but also the Pokemon part of the image can't be any bigger than the original Pokemon image. If it is bigger, then it gets all messed up at the bottom. Is there any way to fix this? (I'm going to be replacing Wurmple with Masukippa, and there's NO way I could shrink it to that size without distorting it too much.)

I could have sworn the images have to be 64 by 64. Anyway sweetie, you could insert the image into some blank space and repoint it, that should work. ^^;

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    About the whole changing the music thing, I already knew how to change the music. I just wanted to know how the music changes in that Route when the music setting is like any other route.

Anyway sweetie, you could insert the image into some blank space and repoint it, that should work.

Could you be more specific, please? Do you mean using white as a background?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    About the whole changing the music thing, I already knew how to change the music. I just wanted to know how the music changes in that Route when the music setting is like any other route.

Could you be more specific, please? Do you mean using white as a background?

If you don't want to do it the "complicated" way, you can just replace something else, not Wurmple.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Actually, I meant to say Nincada. But they're both small, anyway. I actually have a reason for which Hoenn Pokemon should be replaced by which Shinou Pokemon. It depends on their cries, since I can't find all the Shinou cries, and the cries get static-y when I hear them in the game after using PokeCry to add them in.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Can anyone tell me how to change the water animations for Ruby and make it look like Fire Red's Water,and can anyone tell me where I can get TileED

You can use TLP that comes with EliteMap or download TileMolester here.
    You can download TileEd here, but I don't have the offset of the animations.
    The offset of the animations in TLP or Tile Molester is 376C00.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    could anybody explain how these script commands work:

Applymovement
    Trainerbattle

trainerbattle
    trainerbattle bKind iBattle ptrIntro ptrDefeat
    Starts a trainer battle.
    bKind is 0x00 for normal battles, 0x04 for 2-on-2 and 0x05 for rematches.

applymovement
    applymovement [sprite's people nr.] [offset]
    Applies the movement data at [offset] to the specified sprite.

You can put something like this in your script:
    applymovement 0x5 0x800000
    pause 0x10 (0x10 waits for one step and then the script continues)

#org 0x800000
    #raw 0x1
    #raw 0x8
    #raw 0x2
    #raw 0xFE

The "raw" commands are for the movements the sprite will do.
    At the end of the "raw" commands always put "#raw 0xFE".
    You can find movement raws to use here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    The Boss Giovanni said:
    Does anyone know the offset for pokemon Gold title screen for TLP?

Apply the IPS(won't change the rom will just decompress the titlescreen), I have attached and then go to offset 98BFE.

Last edited:

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Hi, I tried to make a movement script and I have tried to copy what I've seen from the posts on this thread and from other scripts in the game and still can't get the script to work. Please tell me what i'm doing wrong. Thnx

Here's the script:

Code:
    #org 0x8014F8
    applymovement 0xFF 0x801540
    end

#org 0x801540
    #raw 1 'Up0
    #raw 2 'Left0
    #raw 3 'Right0
    #raw 4 'Down1
    #raw 5 'Up1
    #raw 6 'Left1
    #raw 7 'Right1
    #raw 8 'Down2
    #raw 9 'Up2
    #raw FE 'Exit

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hi, I tried to make a movement script and I have tried to copy what I've seen from the posts on this thread and from other scripts in the game and still can't get the script to work. Please tell me what i'm doing wrong. Thnx

Here's the script:

Code:
    #org 0x8014F8
    applymovement 0xFF 0x801540
    end

#org 0x801540
    #raw 1 'Up0
    #raw 2 'Left0
    #raw 3 'Right0
    #raw 4 'Down1
    #raw 5 'Up1
    #raw 6 'Left1