• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arduous

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    THE PLOT

Out in the vast open floats a large island known as Koden. Koden is protected by raging oceans, thunderstorms, heavy rain, whirlpools and so on. And even if you manage to get on the actual island you face the dangers of having to run from erupting volvanos, sandstorms, blizzards and so on.

These disastrous events are caused by the legendary Pokemon that live on the island. Their goal is to get you as far away from the island as the possible. Each legendary causes its on natural disaster, such as Articuno does the blizzards and Zapdos or Raikou might cause the thunderstorms.

Many trainers have tried to get on the island to capture at least one of the legends, but have had no success.

Professor Kusaba has decided to give nine new trainers the chance to actually attempt to get on the island and capture at least one of these legendaries. Your character can have a most wanted legendary that he/she builds up her whole team just to capture that certain legendary.

You are allowed to team up with someone or go alone. The nine of you are given a special backpack that contains useful items that will help you on your journey. This includes a thick blankets, three boxes of matches, four lighters, a thiner blanket, a raincoat, a hat/cap, wollen gloves, ect.

While you can do some shopping for some new outfits later on, you do have winter and summer wear in that bag of yours. The bag is pretty big and is usually used for camping. You should also have a sleeping bag, a torch, some rope, two pairs of sunglasses and a small medical kit used for the minor cuts and bruises.

THE STARTERS

Since there are nine new trainers there will be nine starters-one for the each of you. Depending on the starter you pick you'll be given a TM to use on your starter. They aren't attack TMs, though. They're only ones like Reflect, Double Team, Light Screen, ect. Your starter will also be holding a Berry, Paralyz Berry, Oran Berry or any other self-healing item.

And lastly, your starter will also have a random Egg Move. When I've accepted your character and you've choosen a starter, you'll be given the information you need.

RARE POKEMON

Some Pokemon such as Chansey, Houndour and Eevee will be difficult to obtain. They're mostly gotten as prizes, fork over thousand of dollers to buy one and so on. I'll even award you a rare Pokemon of your choice for excellent role playing.

THE LEGENDARIES

As I explained before each legendary is the cause of a natural disaster or two. Not muchis known about them, so you'll just have to use whatever skills you have.

RULES

Besides the usual rules such as no godmodding, using chatspeak and so on I have my own set of rules for you to follow. They're fairly simple, too.

1.I want good role playing. You don't have to be a great role player, but surely you can be good. I want to see long sentences, paragrapes, correct spelling and grammar and so on. I don't want too many "lazy posts", but occasional ones are fine. I want well-thought of posts.

2.It would be nice if everyone made this as story-like as possible.

3.Pokemorphs, were-Pokemon and humans with special abilities IS allowed. It just depends on what it is. NO legendary 'morphs please.

4.It is possible to be a human or a Pokemorph with special abilities and Were syndrome. It's also possible to play a Were character with special abilities. This is specialy allowed to GOOD roleplayers ONLY. With the except of me, of course. XD

5.You submission to join this roleplay must be "given" to me by PM. That was this topic isn't crowded with character submissions.

6.If you want a certain thing done you MUST request it to ME and only ME by PM.

7.Good roleplaying will get you prizes eventually such as a rare Pokemon (Eevee for example), lots of money, great items and so on.

8.While a legendary can appear in front of you at anytime it's only possible tocatch if you have the right "special item".

9.You can use ALMOST any means nessasary to get what you want.

STARTING POINT

If your character has been accepted then he/she can choose either one of these starters: Torchic, Mudkip, Bulbasuar, Cyndaquil, Squirtle, Chikorita, Treecko or Totodile. My character shall start off with Charmander and EVERY starter is normal.

You'll start off at a Pokemon lab of course and from there you'll gain your starter. *points up to the small list* Eventually you'll be able to get on the island.

THE LEGENDARY SPHERES

They're about the size of a Pokeball, look similar to the three spheres on the Pokemon movie with Lugia and are VERY difficult to get a hold off. If you do manage to get one then it is in everyone else's right to try and take it from you.

To do this, only the following is allowed:

1.Battling for it and setting FAIR rules-The winner gets to keep the sphere.

2.Tricking someone-It's nasty, but with lots of skill and a bit of luck you could pull it of.

3.Grab it-Yeah, if possible then just grab the orb. Then run like the wind.

4.Almost any other means. Seriously. X_x

I'll list the spheres on another post.

SUBMITTING YOUR CHARACTER

Remember that your character must be submitted to me by PM and PM only. If I accept your character then you can start posting here. Also remember that your starting point is at the lab. It's you typical lab with off-white walls, a small table on one side, rows of huge shelves, a small brown wooden box containing the nine starters. It's really just a very boring place.

You can roleplay your character waiting for the only trainers to appear, talk amoungst yourselves or whatever. It really depends just how quickly nine people are accept and start posting.

If your character doesn't have a certain thing such as abilities then just leave it blank.

Name:

Human Appearence:

Were Appearence:

Pokemorph Appearence:

Personality:

Pokemorph:

Ability:

Were-form:

Goal(s):

Favourite Starter: (Doesn't mean you'll get it)

Most Wanted Legendary:

Dream Team: (Six Pokemon only)

Note: If you do decide to play as a 'morph, Were or a human with abilities then each one has to be different from everyone else.

THE CHARACTER EXAMPLE

I'll show you my own character so that you get a good example of what I want.

Name: Azra

Human Appearence:

Were-form: Shiny Houndoom with Charizard wings

Were Appearence: A were is usually larger then the normal version of its species with hunched shoulders like a football player, larger teeth, huge paws, glowing eyes (usually red, orange or yellow) and a thirst for blood.

Azra's Were form has no exceptions to any of this. Her Houndoomic body is like your typical shiny blue Houndoom with their silver steel "bones", but the added appearence of huge dragonic wings give her the ability to fly, making her a tough Were to deal with.

Pokemorph: Houndoom, Charizard, Dragonair and Espeon

Pokemorph Appearence: Her hair is butt-length and white-lavender in colour, lightly streaked with wisteria coloured streaks that she applied herself. Her eyes are described as being purple-pink and have a weird name known as heliotrope. Or at least that what she claims. They give nothing away about her past nor her intentions. It's as if they're looking deep into your soul, studying you, waiting for you to make a move.

Ayra is a mix morph. A rare Pokemorph with mixed DNA of more then one Pokemon. In her case she's a Houndoom, Dragonair, Charizard and Espeon mix.

Her fur is short, silvery-lavender in colour and soft to touch. While her feet are pawed her hands are completely normal, save from the soft fur and cruel-looking claws. A long-sounted muzzled filled with sharp canines is enough to scare off any unwanted tag-along. Despite having huge silvery-lavender and purple-black dragonic wings, Azra hardly flies. She perfers good old fashioned walking.

Lastly apart from a red gem on her forehead and huge Espeon ears, she has a long, thick fur-covered Dragonair-like tail, complete with a bright violet orb near the end.

Her outfit is designed to make her feel comfortable. It consits of a pair of tight bondi blue shorts complete with large black buckle and deep pockets that are difficult to try and slip your fingers in. Her thistle coloured top is cut short, covering only her breasts and leaving her midriff exposed. To add to that she also wears a large white coat that is only buttoned up just under her breasts, showing off her slim figure.

Personality: She appears either shy or aloof. Prehaps even both. Just don't let her keep-to-herself nature fool you, though. She does have emotions that are quite well hidden. Some people find her constant silent staring as irritating, but others tend to shrug it off. While not mute, she usually speaks in short sentences, one-worders and a soft tone.

Ability: As well as having the ability of her anthro self, Azra posses a special ability that allows her to tap into ANY Pokemon's mind and make them use a technique they never knew they even had. Unless she gets premission from the Pokemon's trainer this ability will only work on her own Pokemon.

Goal(s): Unknown so far

Favourite Starter: Charmander

Most Wanted Legendary: Rayquaza

Dream Team: Charizard, Espeon, shiny Houndoom, Dragonite, Tyranitar and Skitty

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    Please excuse the double post. This is where I'm going to put a list of accepted characters. I'll put your name on one side and right next to it is your character's name.

So far we have only seven people who have joined. This does NOT include me. Two more to go.

Starting Trainers
    Ayzka-Azra
    kokobean22-Kiki Komodo
    Eiken-Jeff Wem
    Wolf_Goddess-Sam
    Barboach-Kona Kombardo
    Scottura-Scottura Wyvern
    Ninetales-Ari Monokai
    Kunoichi-Mina
    Water&icepower-Jason Broadwell

Extra Characters: Yes, I will be accepting extra characters now. Extra chracters are different from the original nine that start off from the beggining. The difference is that the "extras" are already on the island of Koden and their Pokemon's level (while having been stronger) doesn't start any higher then twenty-five. While "extras" can role play on the island they may not meet up with the new trainers until sometime later on. At the moment, the "Newbies" aren't even allowed on the island until they've gained their starter.

Extra Trainers
    ybur_angel-Candle Nawe
    Cheeky Typhlosion-Sorrica Pyra
    Nikki23- Minori Nishita (Nishi)
    Utami-Rika

Yes, I have decided to begin the role play and if you're one of the seven people who submitted a character and he/she got accepted then you can feel free to post at the bottom. Please make sure to use proper grammar, spelling and add in details. I still have room for one more character to make nine all up, so please sign up by my PM if you're interested to join.

A young women prehaps in her twenties scanned her eyes across the screen, occasionaly sighing in disbelieve as she spotted something that was either idiosyncratic or dubious. The page had a lot to tell about the mysteries of the legendary Pokemon on th island of Koden, but most seem ambiguous. How the legendaries got onto the island and why was unkown. It was easy to think that Articuno, Rayquaza, Mew and the other flight-capable legends flew there way there and how Suicune and Kyogre could have swam their way to the island, but no one could explain how flightless water-hating legendaries such as Entei, Groudon, Regirock and Registeel got there.

Professor Suzuki sighed again as she pulled back a strand of grey-blue hair behind her ear with an index finger, wishing that the ever comical yet resourceful professor Oleastro was there to help her. He was the one who suggested she get this job and she had reluctantly agreed to it, but now she was glad that she had decided to give it a go.

This time she sighed in anxiousness as she checked her wrist watch, the time displaying almost six in the morning. She had been up very early today to prepare for the arrival of nine new soon-to-be trainers that were to arrive at anytime. Grabbing herself another cup of streaming hot coffee and setting down back at her desk she considered reading some more articles about mysterious things, but then thought against it. She might as well just relax before anyone else came in.

Last edited:

Kunoichi

The one who dreams alone
    Years
    Mina had awoken as soon as the dodrio announced daybreak. The first one out of bed and excitedly plunging herself into a shower, cleaning herself and chattering with her family (which consisted of her three elder brothers, her dad and the family garbage bin, Grimer). She was ready in three minutes flat after doing her daily chores like her run around Tanzanite city.

Her brothers obviously beat her like always- but after it was six am, they all departed to the dojang they owned with their father. She was obviously not invited.

But that day, Mina was also heading to her own destination. Professor Kusaba's lab.

"All set," Mina glanced into her pocket mirror, adjusting her thick, dark plaits in front and pushing her huge glasses back up her nose.

Aside from dressing in her travelling clothes, consisting of a dark green tunic, tied with a band and fraying trousers. By face, she didn't appear like a traveller, more like some researcher's assistant or computer nerd- but her clothes suggested otherwise.

It had been a three day hike to get to this Professor Kusaba's lab to obtain her pokemon and she was determined to go to that island and make lots of new friends. Or so the big, almost insane smile told of her face.

She knocked on the door, only to find it automatically opened and skipped inside. Mina was set to make a brilliant first impression.

"Good morning everyone!" Mina cried in a sing-song voice, bowing humbly.

Years
    ...There it was! The mysterious Pokémon! The one he'd been looking for all along! Jeff finally had it! After all the time he'd spent looking for it, searching for it, hoping for it, there it was, right in front of him. There was no way that he wouldn't be able to catch it now! He threw the Pokéball and...

...And he woke up. It took Jeff a few seconds to adjust to his surroundings, and to accept that the Pokémon was not right in front of him and it wouldn't be getting caught today.

"Hmm, that's the third time this week I've had that dream.", Jeff thought to himself. "I honestly wouldn't care if it ran at this point, I'd just like some closure."

But Jeff had more important things to think about than his dreams today, yes, today Jeff had somewhere to go. The lab of a Professor Kusaba. In a few minutes, Jeff was ready to leave, he made sure he had all the necessary things, he said his goodbyes and set off. Jeff might not have looked the part of someone who was use to traveling long distances, because of his pale skin and such, but he was. He spends most of his time outdoors in some way or other.

About a day or so later he had reached his destination and knocked on the door, it slowly opened. When Jeff saw that no one had opened it, he was slightly taken aback and quietly made his way in.

"...Hello?" Jeff said, closing the door as he walked in.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    There were already two people to greet the two new comers. One was a tall women with slightly tanned freackled skin, her grey-blue hair tightened into a neat bun. She smiled as she walked up to the two kids, flicking away that annoying strand of loose hair away from her eyes with a neaty nail polished index finger.

"Hello, I'm Professor Suzuki." She gave Mina and Jeff a quick up and down glance, stil smiling politely. And you two would be?"

As she waited for an answer the second person, also a female also plotted around the room. She payed no heed to Jeff nor Mina, having been more occupied by the single small metal box on the table. Her curtain of silky white-lavender hair cascaded down her back, flowing as she walked. One couldn't help, but notice the girl's fur-covered skin, large dragonic wings, huge Espeon ears and Dragonair-like swinging tail.

The way she dressed and presented herself made her look at least eighteen, but she was probably no older then fifteen.

Kunoichi

The one who dreams alone
    Years
    "...Hello?"

"Hello, hello!" Mina greeted enthusiastically, grinning toothily at the boy and bowing to him. She was certainly cheerful.

She was about to ask where he thought the professor had disappeared to, but was interrupted by a new voice. A woman's voice.

"Hello, I'm Professor Suzuki. And you two would be?"

Mina clasped her hands in front of her in the traditional fashion she'd seen and bowed so low, that her glasses almost slipped off her face. She smiled sheepishly as she slid them back up her nose.

"Oh!" Mina realised she still needed to do her introduction, and she really wanted to do it before Jeff and set off a brilliant first impression. "I'm Mina, from Tanzanite City. I live with my three, nasty older brothers, who think they're cool but aren't and my lovely, kind papa- he always makes me breakfast and calls me his 'princess'... oh yeah, and there is our garbage bin, Grimer, but he's also become part of the family. Hehehe, that's all about me! I left like, millions of things out, but I'm sure that the boy next to me wants to introduce himself too! Hehehe!"

"So far so good... let them think I'm stupid... please..." She pleaded inwardly, though what she showed to Professor Suzuki and Jeff was a huge, beaming smile.

She had been too occupied in making her first impression to notice the large furry creature until now. Her dark eyes went as big as her glasses and she visibly paled. "What the?!"

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    The professor continued to smile warmly, but it was almost sure that Mina might have noticed the slight tension on the corner of the women's lips.

"It's a please to meet you, Mina." the women said silkily. She wave a lightly tanned hand at the furry girl still examing the metal box. "Why don't you introduce yourself to Azra? She came in here ealier, eager to start. I'm sure she's just bored."

As if having heard the girl in question turned away from the table containing the box and proceeded to walk towards them. She gave the two new arrivals a quick once-over and placed a furred-covered finger on her canine-like snout.

She said nothing, but gave the Professor a curt nod. It was almost as if Mina and Jeff were meant to be new arrivals for some job and Ayza was the one who had to accept them or something.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jason looked up at the ceiling and then at the clock. 5:00 AM, it read. He thought about what would happen later on that day. He was going to get his starter Pokemon from Professor Kusaba. He thought about all the starter Pokemon, but he had already knew which one he wanted.

He got up because he couldn't sleep anymore. He thought about going to the lab but it was to early to go so he decided to take a morning swim in the pool. He loved the water and everything about it. He enjoyed swimming alot. He looked as if he was on a swimming team because he was well built and swam alot. Because he loved the water, he enjoyed water type pokemon as well. ever since he was little he had played with wild ones, his parents being very afraid of this, although the wild water pokemon never hurt him and enjoyed playing with him too. After swimming for a while to wake him up so he wouldn't think about sleeping again, he got dressed and ate breakfast with his family.

It was a 'quiet' breakfast because he didn't talk to anyone at all. There was too much on his mind to small talk with his family. So, he ate his breakfast quickly and said his goodbyes to his family. They said to him back, "Good luck and take care!... Remember to call us!" and before he could leave his older brother and sister gave him a big hug and said that if he needed anything that he could always talk to them and they would always be there for him, them being Pokemon trainers themselves and having experienced alot during their own journeys. He was slightly suprised at them because usually, especialy his borther, always teased him and his dreams. He wanted to become a Gym Leader of Water and Ice type Pokemon but they always had teased him and said that he was to whimpy to be one. He would prove them wrong and laugh back at their face, but he felt coomforted by this sudden sign of affection. He too had a somewhat arrogant and conceited personality but this was because his older siblings had the same attitude towards him and he wanted to prove them wrong. He was generally alot nicer than them. He then returned the hug and gave them a strong embrace and left.

He left and was on his way to Professor Kusaba's Lab. When he arrived he let himself in without even knocking because he knew that there was bound to be some trainers that already arrived. He saw that 4 people were already mingling with eachother. One, an extremely nerdy-looking girl, but her clothes suggested that she was someone else. The other, a pale-looking boy standing next to the nerdy looking girl. There was also this very bizarre looking girl that had furry sking and a weird body shape, resembling the body of various Pokemon. Lastly, the Professor, but she didn't look like Professor Kusaba. Instead, this Professor had freckly skin, and grey blue hair.

"Good Morning..." he said simply and sat himself down on a couch.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    The blue haired women with grey tinges smiled warmly at the new comer, trying to look welcoming. The fur-faced girl beside her gave the boy a quick glance and proceeded to sturdy her neatly plished claws, her Dragonair-ish tail flowing two to fro behind her.

"I'm so glad you could make it," Professor Suzuki simpered, looking down at Jason from his position on the couch. Either she didn't notice the boy's rudeness or didn't seem to careor mind. "I'm Professor Suzuki. I'd invite you to make yourself comfortble, but you seem to have already done that."

She gave the brown-haired teen a humorous smile.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Listening to what the Professor had just said to him he smiply smirked and said, "Thanks I'm glad i'm here too, Nice to meet you I'm Jason Braodwell." He continued to look around and he couuldn't help but scoff at the nerdy girl that kept giving toothy grins. He was still curious about the furry looking girl. He was wondering where the Professor Kusaba was.

He didn't want to be rude to the other Professor but was still curious as to where Professor Kusaba was. "Excuse me but where is Professor Kusaba?," he asked curiously. "I don't mean to be rude," he added politely.

Last edited:
    Years
    Before Jeff could introduce himself to Professor Suzuki, Mina, and the girl with the furry skin, another new trainer came in. After the new trainer, who identified himself as Jason, had a small conversation with Professor Suzuki, Jeff decided he'd introduce himself.

"Hi everybody, my name's Jeff Wem.", He smiled a small smile, it was nothing compared to Mina's huge toothy grins. "I don't mean to jump into the conversation or anything, but, I agree with Jason, where is Professor Kusaba?"

He walked over to a chair and sat down, looking at each person in the room, as if staring at them would give him some clue as to what they were like.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    "Professor Kusaba is currently away at a business meeting, but he shouldn't be too long. Not that it really matters as we still gotta wait for the other soon-to-be trainers."

She took a quick look towards the door as if half expecting the other five trainers to make their way through the closed entrence. Glancing at her watch, the Professor gave a soft sigh.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jason gave Jeff a quick glance and kept a straight face and turned back to Professor Suzuki noticing that she had looked at her watch and sighed at it. He could see that she wasn't too happy about something.

He wanted to know about when they could finally pick their starter Pokemon. "Sooo....," he said casually, "How many trainers are supposed to be here and how many starters are there?" he asked the Professor.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    The Professor looked up from her watch, a confused expression on her face. "Starters? Oh, right. There's nine of them. Since four of you are here we just need to wait for the other five." She glanced down at her watch again. "If they don't arrive in time, well they're just going to have to pick one of the Pokemon that's left."

She smiled pleasently as she added that Professor Kusaba would be arriving here in ten minutes and that they could feel free to look around.

The fur-faced girl stared eye-to-eye at the girl with the glasses known as Mina. There was a short pause as the tailed mutant seemed to have a thoughtful look before asking, "Starter?"

Prehaps Mina wouldn't understand the morph's one word question.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    "Why'd there have to be a thunderstorm now..?"Candle grumbled, clinging onto the black raincoat he was wearing, just to make sure it wouldn't go flying off. The winds were so strong, it left like a tornado was to come and sweep the whole island of Koden off any second now.

Perhaps he was exaggerating again.

The fifteen year old let out a tired sigh and he sat down, leaning against the trunk of a nearby tree, his chesnut brown hair untidy and ruffled. The boy opened the knapsack he had been carrying, pulling out a comb and a mirror. He made haste to neaten his hair, knowing for a fact that it was rather dangerous to be anywhere near trees in a storm like this.

... Too bad there were only trees around.

Candle held a fustrated look on his face as he crossed this thought, he was travelling around in a dense forest in the middle of a freak thunderstorm? "Maybe I shouldn't have come after all..."the trainer blinked his emerald eyes, storing the comb and mirror away as he tugged at his black sleeved shirt to straighten out the wrinkles, beating a hand against the short sleeved, dark blue jacket he wore over the afforementioned article of clothing. Brushing his black pants just to dust off them.

If he was going to spot a Legendary, he had to look descent enough, yes?

Candle yelped as he saw a blinding flash, followed by a thunderous crash of lighting not too far in the distance.

Instinctively, the boy dettached a pokeball from the silver belt he wore around his waist, releasing his Pokemon for protection. A snicker was heard as the red flash which was the form of the creature died down. A grinning Gligar taking its place.

{Wuz' buggin' ya, boss? Scared of the lil' thunderstorm..?}Remius mocked his trainer, flying over and perching at his favorite spot on the boy's shoulder.

Candle hadn't known this mischevious pokemon for long, so he still had trouble understanding it's speech pattern. Though, judging by that grin he held, the boy just knew he was making fun of him.

"I'm not scared! I thought you might be!! See, wasn't I nice enough to bring you out here to accompany me?"the trainer exclaimed loudly, as he continued trekking through the forest, buttoning up his black raincoat for extra measure. The rain didn't look like it was going to let off anytime soon.

{Right....}the Gligar chuckled, nudging his owner lightly, before drawing back his claws, taking to inspecting the amount of greenery around him. Despite the fact that it was only just the morning, the black clouds hanging over them made it feel like night had just fallen.

"Ahh, whichever. Just- just don't leave my side. Wouldn't want you getting scared, would we?"Candle stuttered at the front of his statement, pulling the hood of the raincoat over his head as the pair ventured deeper into the forest.

{Right....}

OOc-

In case anyone was wondering or something, the {} brackets I used were pokemon speech. I just figured that it would've been more interesting than just hearing, "Gli-Gligar~!!"

If this isn't allowed, I'll edit. X3

Kunoichi

The one who dreams alone
    Years
    Mina smiled brightly as the woman replied how pleased she was to meet her. She turned to find this Azra girl and realised that it was the same person? as before. Confused, and in doubt, she inched forwards, that well-practiced smile still in place and bowed at the girl.

She was about to launch into another introduction to 'Azra' but was interrupted.

"Good Morning..." The newest arrival greeted, not making it sound like a good morning at all.

"That one is impatient... he has no tact." She analysed, grinning at him and nodding in return at his 'greeting'.

She turned back to Azra. "I'm Mina, I live with three nasty older brothers, who think they're cool but aren't, and one brilliant Papa! Hehehe!"

"I like swimming, fishing, reading, writing, drawing, eating, sleeping, singing, well- everything! I don't hate anything... except er... Rattata's cause once, when I was little, one grumpy one hyperfanged me till I was screaming in agony!" Mina finished off in agony, and she'd said all this in two breaths flat.

The moody boy introduced himself as Jason Broadwell. She waved at him childishly, but inwardly was thinking of Azra could even hear her... or talk...

"Professor Kusaba is currently away at a business meeting, but he shouldn't be too long. Not that it really matters as we still gotta wait for the other soon-to-be trainers."

Mina looked up, her brow furrowing a little and her mouth curving downwards.

"Maybe they got hyperfanged too..." she said aloud, sadness and worry evident in her tones.

However, Mina thought that the Azra girl was agreeing with her as she looked at her eye to eye. "Starter?"

The first thing she wanted to say was 'You can talk?', but instead- she realised the girl had asked her a question.

"Oh... err, I'd want a Squirtle- they're so cute and adorable with their big, big eyes! And their little mouths and cute little fangs that are hardly ever seen. They also have huge curly tails... but then again, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Torchik and Mudkip are also my favourites! Actually, I like them all really," she laughed, twirling around. She stopped and turned to Azra. "Who d'you want as a starter?"

"She probably shouldn't have a fire type... it might not get along too well with her... err... fur..."

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    A distant pain-filled screech sounded through the forest where Candle and his Gligar currently were. A flipping of large wings could be heard, followed by the thud of something small hitting wood. Another screech, this time of frustration sounded across the dense growth of trees.

The violent storm of thunder and lightning wasn't helping much with telling Candle or his Gligar the soarce of the sounds, but the screeches most likely belonged to a large bird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the lab Azra was trying to gain understanding in the black-haired girl's gibberish speech. When the mix morph understood certain words various facial expressions were made. She barred her teeth at the word "nasty", showing of sharp wolf-like fangs and giggled slightly at the girl's "hahaha".

She didn't seem to understand Mina's long list of hobbies, but gave a pained grimace at the word "agony" as if she understood. Azra grinned as Mina mentioned one of the Pokemon, but she couldn't tell if it was Charmander, Bulbasaur or Cyndaquil. Again most of Mina's question when into the girl's furry ear and out the other, but Azra did get the word "starter".

Screwing up her snout in a thoughtful look, she came up with the word, "Kage,".

(OOC: It's pronouced as 'kawh-geh' and not 'cage'.)

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jason sat there listening to the girl ramble on. She had mentioned the starter she wanted, Squirtle, but she also wouldn't mind Bulbasaur and some others. He knew what starter he wanted and he wasn't about to say it in front of everyone. He rather keep it a secret and a suprise for others if they ever battled.

Jason just gave the hyper and talkative girl a straight-faced stare and looked away. He wondered if he intimidated her by doing what he just did. He didn't meant to. It was just him to do such a thing like that.

Years
    Jeff just watched as Mina talked on and on, about who she was, what starter she wanted, and what seemed like pretty much anything else that popped into her head. Jeff thought for a minute about what started he wanted, and was relieved when Mina didn't mention it, well as her first choice anyway.

Jeff turned to see Jason giving Mina the same stare he gave him earlier. "He doesn't seem very friendly.", Jeff thought to himself, but he had more important things to think about, Professor Kusaba would be here soon, so Jeff decided he'd get up and see if there was anything worth seeing in the room. The only thing was really the way the others interacted, so Jeff figured he'd just see where things went between them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2007
    The metal box on the table might have been interesting to look at if it wasn't locked tightly shut by a small pad lock on its handle. One would be so disappointed at not being able to examine the silver casing craved with three different symbols next to each other in one line. The first one was a leaf, the second a flame and the third a teardrop. It was pretty much obvious what they meant.

Even if the box was opened no one would have time to look through it, because just as things were about to become boring an older man prehaps in his forties arrived. His messy mob of sandy brown hair fluttered in the outside breeze, but instantly settled when he closed the door. He seemed too preoccupied to notice a bunch of kids hanging around, but blinked in surprise when he finally looked up.

"Oh, hello," he greeted, eyeing them off with green-tingued hazel eyes. "I am Professor Kusaba. I'm terribly sorry for being late, but I had things to sort out."

He glanced around the room worriedly as he only notice four of the nine new trainers.

"Oh, dear. Now who's messing?" Withot waiting for a reply the Professor slid out a sheet of paper from his top shirt pocket and began muttering the names off it. "Scottura, Kiki, Sam, Kona and Ari. Tut, tut! Children, always late."

The guy didn't seem to realise the ironicness of his own comment, being always late himself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back